• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Ugh tried to watch the new Wonder Woman movie on HBO Max yesterday it was unwatchable IMO. I enjoyed the first one but this one was so bad I was scanning through it just to get to the action scenes and even those were tedious so I never finished it.

Ugh tried to watch the new Wonder Woman movie on HBO Max yesterday it was unwatchable IMO. I enjoyed the first one but this one was so bad I was scanning through it just to get to the action scenes and even those were tedious so I never finished it.
It was a major step backwards.....I can’t wrap my head around how anyone from the studio thought that had potential.

plus the fact that they 'overbaked' the 80's nostalgia into it was just blah.

i wish it was better, but man, that was a bad movie.

anyone watching army of the dead tonight?

watched a bit last night, man its promising. very promising.
Watched it yesterday. Super stylized (not a criticism), campy with some epic zombie violence/gore. Maybe a few too many campy bits and the whole king zombie character was a little overdone IMO. But a solid zombie shoot 'em up action flick. Like Zombieland with a whole lot more shooting and messy exploded body parts. Nothing super new and innovative to add to this genre but I enjoyed the mayhem.

Watched it yesterday. Super stylized (not a criticism), campy with some epic zombie violence/gore. Maybe a few too many campy bits and the whole king zombie character was a little overdone IMO. But a solid zombie shoot 'em up action flick. Like Zombieland with a whole lot more shooting and messy exploded body parts. Nothing super new and innovative to add to this genre but I enjoyed the mayhem.
Agreed. We all thought the king zombie thing was kind of stupid. Not as funny as Zombieland IMO.
Part way through my son said "Dad, is that a dead pixel?" We had three in total at one point. I guess the correct term would be stuck? They were white. Have not noticed them on anything since (hockey game last night, F1 then golf this morning)but will keep an eye.

I enjoyed the movie but was put off by how dark the videograhy was. A trend in many recent movies. Don't they realize people can't see WTF is going on?

Oscar winning My Octopus Teacher on Netflix. Whole family enjoyed it.
AAAABVk5pIlTr6RUTBt_KAQgjaspKhvJnY-0xRuHFYI1YNGUjiK70-LRVPpovAOZuJHdAuWgVyRfdSxcc7SSHgk-3l08lZK0ZQ8sMz9v8spNfaeFJ8NGEL4od0P3ev27yA.jpg
So I gave this some time in case others were going to watch it. I now feel its safe to spoilerize it.

* Did it piss you off when he let the octopus get attacked by the shark? He kept saying he didn't want to intervene etc. but I truly don't think the octopus would have allowed himself to get in that compromising position in the first place if he had not established that routine of 'hanging' out in the open with it. The octopus became so comfortable with this larger animal that it probably felt would deter predators but as soon as trouble came the man was like 'hey your on your own'.

So I gave this some time in case others were going to watch it. I now feel its safe to spoilerize it.

* Did it piss you off when he let the octopus get attacked by the shark? He kept saying he didn't want to intervene etc. but I truly don't think the octopus would have allowed himself to get in that compromising position in the first place if he had not established that routine of 'hanging' out in the open with it. The octopus became so comfortable with this larger animal that it probably felt would deter predators but as soon as trouble came the man was like 'hey your on your own'.
As a species we are not the brightest!!!

Agreed. We all thought the king zombie thing was kind of stupid. Not as funny as Zombieland IMO.
Part way through my son said "Dad, is that a dead pixel?" We had three in total at one point. I guess the correct term would be stuck? They were white. Have not noticed them on anything since (hockey game last night, F1 then golf this morning)but will keep an eye.
Thankfully, I am not crazy and I was not alone!!! Whew!!

https://variety.com/2021/artisans/news/army-of-the-dead-pixels-zack-snyder-1234980421/

Wouldn't the fact that it was moving around be a dead (pun intended) giveaway? A dead pixel would be stationary.

Wouldn't the fact that it was moving around be a dead (pun intended) giveaway? A dead pixel would be stationary.
They were stationary. At least on my tv. First noticed one, then two and a third. Always in the same spot.

i havent watched it from my previous starting point, but i noticed too much bokeh! i think i put a post out there that it took millions to add tig into the shorts, removing the previous actor, thus the 'stylized' effect.

i really wished it wasnt there, but i dont know what else they couldve done to 'remedy' the situation.

Back