• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Saw the trailer it's on my list for sure thanks for the reminder. I'll pretty much watch anything with him in it after Valhalla Rising, The Hunt, The Salvation, etc. He's a beast of an actor. Have you seen The Salvation? Sleeper stylized Western flick I thought he was great in it. Eva Green and Jeffrey Dean Morgan also solid in it.

ooooohhhh. i might consider this one.

i had to think about the mads mikkelsen movie the hunt you mentioned... hmm.

gotta look that one up.

Of course me and my kids will see it, but even if I weren’t a fan of the comic book genre I’d see anything with Margo Robbie at least once!

i mentioned it in the past, she was amazing with that movie with chris pike and er.... chiwetel ejiofor...

z for zachariah.

great movie.
Watched Legend yesterday with Tom Hardy and Tom Hardy.

Decent flick.

decent is an understatement. plus whats his name did a great job (Despite being a smaller role)...taron egerton

another good tom hardy flick was the one with the brothers, Lawless, with shia and jason clarke

here are a couple of understated actors,
tom hardy
chiwetel ejiofor
jason clarke
mads mikkelsen
mark strong.

Enjoyed that one too. Sleeper apocalyptic sci-fi flick.
i just liked how it focused on the humanity in its most purest, non malicious or confrontational form (in margot robbies character), and how what we do to get what we want is justified by what we feel is right.

Jomari FYI The Hunt is not exactly an easy watch. Tough subject matter but Mikkelsen is great in it IMO. Powerful performance.

yikes something i think i cant process with kids now.

thanks for the heads up bro, really appreciate it. maybe when things calm down i will reach out and ask you what happened etc...

yikes something i think i cant process with kids now.

thanks for the heads up bro, really appreciate it. maybe when things calm down i will reach out and ask you what happened etc...
Risking spoilers... which are pretty clearly indicated in the trailer so I'll go ahead... but don't read any further if you want a 100% clean unspoiled viewing of the film.

Spoilers below...

The most disturbing part of the movie is that nothing happened. He is falsely accused and the ruining of his life and ensuing psychological breakdown and abuse he suffers at the hands of the townspeople is what is so distressing. So again it's not really disturbing because of the subject matter because as it turns out there is nothing to be disturbed about in that area. It's more about how a man can be broken down by these kinds of situations. Mikkelsen is very impressive in this portrayal.

The closest comparison I can make is The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon. That movie dances MUCH closer to the disturbing subject matter but in the end like in The Hunt nothing terrible actually happens. And like Mikkelsen in The Hunt IMO Kevin Bacon's sleeper performance... and also Mos Def's... both of which went largely unnoticed were both outstanding. For the record I don't have a problem watching movies that address any disturbing subject matter so long as they are handled gracefully and artfully with zero exploitation or sensationalizing of the subject. These horrible things happen in real life and it's not crazy IMO to use film or any other art form as means to help make sense of things. Just my $.02 opinion. Doesn't mean I'll watch these movies with family or even friends without some qualification. But I do think it's important to try and make sense of these things and if a competent film maker wants to try and tackle the subject I am OK with that.

Last edited:
Went to the theater today to see A Quiet Place, Part II. We really enjoyed it; thought it was better than the first.

A couple weeks ago we went to the theater for In the Heights and that was pretty good - will definitely watch it in the HT at some point.

I have absolutely no idea what this movie is even about. But that's probably the best and most intriguing aspect of this (NSFW) trailer. The film description is even more deliberately vague.

TITANE: A metal highly resistant to heat and corrosion, with high tensile strength alloys, often used in medical prostheses due to its pronounced biocompatibility.

watching Archive via amazon prime last night, still to be continued but a great movie so far, similar to kill command. one of those b movie scifi's that look and sound good.

recently watched

FELON
(on netflix)

man, its a B movie starring huckleberry val kilmer, and steven dorff and the undermined sam shepard.

i was very surprised it was a great movie! not Shot caller level, but good enough!

gift it a few, its free and painless. some scenes dont make sense, but whatever.

did i mention

OUTPOST
(netflix)

already? its the scott eastwood movie about being based in afghanistan, good movie too... plan to rewatch that one soon. just mentioned it since i saw it at walmart.

watching Archive via amazon prime last night, still to be continued but a great movie so far, similar to kill command. one of those b movie scifi's that look and sound good.

so just finished this last night,

ARCHIVE

if you hvae amazon prime, you owe it to yourself to give this scifi a shot.

very recommended.

Watched this with friends last night. Good Friday night after a long week guilty pleasure mindless action flick...

Some good sci-fi action/battle scenes. A little bit overdone IMO with the cheesy Transformers grade pep rally music and style. And a ton of borrowed imagery from other sci-fi movies. But still enjoyable and worth a viewing. A little long on the run time but we actually thought got better towards the end so was worth sticking it out. Best reviews from Rotten Tomatoes...

It has fun, stupid action and extremely fun, stupid science.
You could probably have a field day counting how many problems The Tomorrow War has, but that still doesn't take away how much fun and exciting the experience is.
I took one look at The Tomorrow War's dopey premise and knew I was all in.

Last edited:
Watched this with friends last night. Good Friday night after a long week guilty pleasure mindless action flick...

Some good sci-fi action/battle scenes. A little bit overdone IMO with the cheesy Transformers grade pep rally music and style. And a ton of borrowed imagery from other sci-fi movies. But still enjoyable and worth a viewing. A little long on the run time but we actually thought got better towards the end so was worth sticking it out. Best reviews from Rotten Tomatoes...
watched a bit of it last night. premise is a bit confusing, but what the heck, its scifi.

makes me wanna go back to edge of tomorrow with tom cruise again.

Intense horror/action trailer looking forward to this one. Will either be a hot mess or great... willing to roll the dice.

waiting on this too.

any noomi repace movie is worth it. (i admit, i didnt watch what happened to monday tho)

I watched it last night. Good entertainment.

38 minutes left in The Tomorrow War and don’t know if I can finish it. Was enjoying it until the oil platform. I fucking hate time travel plots and just need to stay the fuck away…

38 minutes left in The Tomorrow War and don’t know if I can finish it. Was enjoying it until the oil platform. I fucking hate time travel plots and just need to stay the fuck away…
I think the best description of this movie would be what would happen if Christoper Nolan walked off the set of Tenet and they hired Paul Verhoeven (Starship Troopers/Showgirls) to step in and replace him. I still say I enjoyed the mindless sci-fi action especially at the end of a particularly long week but agree it was super long and pretty unoriginal.

Back