• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

if im not mistaken, its essentially still 'tying in' the old one to this one.

in a way, there are many suicide squads, kinda like how the x-men were, and not as exclusive like the fantastic four is.

IS THE SUICIDE SQUAD A SEQUEL OR A REBOOT?​

Both, kinda. The Suicide Squad is a “standalone sequel,” meaning you don’t need to see the 2016 Suicide Squad to understand 2021’s The Suicide Squad. While some of the characters and actors overlap, The Suicide Squad is a brand new story, and more importantly, a brand new tone. A good portion of the main characters in The Suicide Squad—including Idris Elba as Bloodsport, John Cena as Peacemaker, Sylvester Stallone as the voice of King Shark, and Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2—were not in the first movie.

oh, watched

brothers by blood,

with kinnaman again.

nots not the worst movie, but very convoluted and quite frankly, a bit heavy handed.

i wish i didnt invest so much time in it, and had to just finish the movie for the sake of it.

pass. this is not on streaming, but a purchase for those interested.

Tried to slog my way through The Green Knight. I had high hopes for it great cast and was looking forward to it. Just couldn't find anything interesting about the story. Filmed nicely and acting was solid but just got lost in the brutally slow vagueness of the story progression. And I am usually more then fine with slow burn films that lead to a powerful finish. But this one just felt like it was crawling unnecessarily and (over) stylistically with no payoff or reward in sight. Will finish it tonight (fell asleep with about 20min left) and see if the ending changes my mind at all.

Last edited:
watched

Chaos walking

not bad, not mikkelsens best performance, but man, ridley did a great job and so did tom holland. i just cant get him out of the spidersuit no more.

anyways, worth the time to watch. apparently on atmos it sounds amazing with all the 'noise'.

watched

Chaos walking

not bad, not mikkelsens best performance, but man, ridley did a great job and so did tom holland. i just cant get him out of the spidersuit no more.

anyways, worth the time to watch. apparently on atmos it sounds amazing with all the 'noise'.
I enjoyed that one.

Finished Green Knight. Despite really great camera work, cinematography and acting by a very strong cast I can't say I would recommend it unless you are well versed in the medieval story's and mythology behind it. I went in spoiler free and so I was not well versed which was a mistake and made it feel very tedious and frustrating despite the eye candy and acting. I have since read some reviews, content and background materials so I think I might have enjoyed it more knowing these things. Maybe I'll rewatch it someday and see if it becomes more enjoyable. For the record I loved some other slow burn period pieces... Hagazussa... The Witch... The Head Hunter... Nightingale... Lighthouse... and others. But this one was just hard to appreciate without doing some homework first.

Quick follow up I found this breakdown which was very helpful. So if anyone actually wants to try and slog through the Green Knight I would highly recommend reading this first despite massive spoilers. You will probably enjoy the movie much more than my first viewing. Unless you have a PHD in King Arthur stories.

:)

Link to breakdown...

i want to, but it somehow reminds me of valhalla rising with mikkelsen.

man that was a trippy movie. sort of like archenemy too.

Saw an early screening of Shang-Chi and The 10 Rings…..I’ll just say it may just be my favorite Marvel movie. It was THAT good.

Saw an early screening of Shang-Chi and The 10 Rings…..I’ll just say it may just be my favorite Marvel movie. It was THAT good.
man, now i really wanna see this one. i really dont care about the asian crap around it.

just gimme some tony leung!!!! that man is a legend.

like, hong kong legend.

remember The departed movie by scorcese? he played the original coppa guy against another legend Andy lau.

Watched this on Sunday on Amazon Prime felt like an elongated Twilight Zone episode. Fairly simple borderline dark humor premise that gets much darker, less humorous and more twisted along the way. Enjoyed it but probably only because I slept through half of it crashing in AC after hot humid half marathon effort. Can easily imagine it dragging a little otherwise.

Last edited:
caprio? count me in.

looks like fun. i never got to see mother tho with jennifer lawrence. only tidbits of it. was it good?
Mother is a hot mess of a Darren Aronofsky flick if there ever was one. Bizarre and disturbing. That's not a criticism just a warning.

Mother is a hot mess of a Darren Aronofsky flick if there ever was one. Bizarre and disturbing. That's not a criticism just a warning.
got it. i didnt really plan on watching it, it was more or less a great cast and well, i saw a bit of it, and wasnt really impressed.

Back