• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

i look forward to seeing this.

the hard part to portray among gamers is the hardcore addiction of looting.

pauly probably understands me.

oh, locker? press x and loot.

tin can?

loot.

dresser?

loot.
Um yeah do a YouTube search for "Destiny loot cave" I have spent way too many hours of my life plundering until patched.

Also watched the new Halloween flick streaming free on Peacock (included with my cable TV I had no idea until I bothered to look). It was unremarkable sequel fodder but if you are fan of the series there is some pretty epic Michael murder action and graphic slasher gore. Not much else in terms of story, acting, script, directing, etc. But a good slash 'em up if you are in the mood.

Also watched the new Halloween flick streaming free on Peacock (included with my cable TV I had no idea until I bothered to look). It was unremarkable sequel fodder but if you are fan of the series there is some pretty epic Michael murder action and graphic slasher gore. Not much else in terms of story, acting, script, directing, etc. But a good slash 'em up if you are in the mood.
its on peacock? wow. didnt realize that.

DUNE IS COMING THIS THURSDAY!!!!

monkey,

Riders of Justice

Yet another mads mikkelsen movie.

awesome movie, worth the investment. and the reading.

think of it like reading a book.
tried to post my thoughts on it. well. guess not worth the search.

Watched two creepy/horror movies this weekend...

Lamb (streaming on Amazon)

Antlers (in virtually empty movie theater everyone was @ Dune and James Bond)

Lamb was more bizarre and surreal then horrific although it had it's moments. Quite a puzzle of a film but I enjoyed it. Slow burn, well done cinematography and score with some rather unusual and surprising twists. I can almost guarantee no one has seen anything quite like this one. Kind of like someone threw the scripts from Darren Arononfsky's Mother, Robert Egger's The Witch and Rosemary's Baby into a pile and mixed up all the pages.

Antlers was a simpler textbook ancient myth come to life horror flick but with surprisingly decent creature effects and (fair warning) some pretty brutal gore.

After all was said and done last night and everyone else went to bed I settled in for my yearly tradition.

Attachments

• B6892F99-9C7E-43B7-BEB3-D58FB2E2D870.jpeg
    B6892F99-9C7E-43B7-BEB3-D58FB2E2D870.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DED974DC-725F-4D56-9C18-0043E683C160.jpeg
    DED974DC-725F-4D56-9C18-0043E683C160.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
After all was said and done last night and everyone else went to bed I settled in for my yearly tradition.
We watched the new one when it came out streaming and the original and part 2 were running yesterday while we were doing house stuff.

We watched the new one when it came out streaming and the original and part 2 were running yesterday while we were doing house stuff.
Watched the new one Friday, I’m a huge Halloween fan and loved the 2018 film but the new one was just meh for me. I hated, HATED the whole political overtone.

Watched the new one Friday, I’m a huge Halloween fan and loved the 2018 film but the new one was just meh for me. I hated, HATED the whole political overtone.
Agreed the only thing we kind of liked was the nostalgic idea to use some of the old school original actors/characters but it was pretty much a hot mess other then that.

Agreed the only thing we kind of liked was the nostalgic idea to use some of the old school original actors/characters but it was pretty much a hot mess other then that.
I did like some of the flashback stuff, they paid nice homage to the original there.

Watched this streaming on Amazon last night.

Big fan of Rebecca Hall after Christine and other performances and we thought she did a good job in this psychological/horror flick. Story felt like it was going to be somewhat predictable at first but managed to steer into more original supernatural territory eventually and ended up better then I expected. I am a fan of thrillers that don't feel like they need to reveal every little thing and at least leave you wondering a little about how it will end. Was only $5.99 on Amazon don't think I would have paid much more for it but I certainly did not feel ripped off at that price it over delivered.

Last edited:
Watched this streaming on Amazon last night.

Big fan of Rebecca Hall after Christine and other performances and we thought she did a good job in this psychological/horror flick. Story felt like it was going to be somewhat predictable at first but managed to steer into more original supernatural territory eventually and ended up better then I expected. I am a fan of thrillers that don't feel like they need to reveal every little thing and at least leave you wondering a little about how it will end. Was only $5.99 on Amazon don't think I would have paid much more for it but I certainly did not feel ripped off at that price it over delivered.
i LOVE rebecca hall. she was awesome in another movie i mentioned in the past. i forgot the name. :( funny she fits well with horror.

Saw this is the theater on Sunday very much a Wes Anderson film with all his signature style.

Cut into three sections I liked the first one the best with Benicio Del Toro I thought he was great. The whole movie is like a tribute to famous authors. And the cast is typical of Wes Anderson films just too many names to even list. In fact we were annoyed when the credits rolled way too fast because it's fun to read all the big names hidden throughout the film. Here is the full cast listing although it's definitely missing some names who were uncredited.

you beat me to it! i totally wanted to see this, and no matter how some people make fun of wes andersons style, i kinda appreciate it. good stuff. was the movie cool?

you beat me to it! i totally wanted to see this, and no matter how some people make fun of wes andersons style, i kinda appreciate it. good stuff. was the movie cool?
I think it may have been the most wacky and (somewhat) fragmented of his movies which is saying something I know. That's not a criticism it's just my reaction to the style of the movie the editing is pretty wacky in a fun way. I feel like it required my full attention. Some of it goes by so quickly I would have liked to have been able to pause and rewind in the theater to catch all the little appearances, moments and details. The three chapters or storylines are very different on the surface but there is an overall theme. I will probably rent it when it is available at home so I can enjoy it further. Like I said some it flew by in the theater.

i just appreciate that most of the cast would show up for free just to work with him. sure it might be hype or an marketing, but i like it.

im sooooo tempted to purchase no time to die on apple tv, but i cant bite the bullet AND buy the 4k version on disc. its just too far out tho, December 21st. :(

i just appreciate that most of the cast would show up for free just to work with him. sure it might be hype or an marketing, but i like it.

im sooooo tempted to purchase no time to die on apple tv, but i cant bite the bullet AND buy the 4k version on disc. its just too far out tho, December 21st. :(
Semi related rant...

I have recently decided that streaming quality is just not good enough for me yet for major visual big screen movies (Dune, Bond, etc). So while I know it's a dying breed I am still buying BluRay's of top tier big screen movies here and there just for picture quality alone. I can't stand the messy artifacts especially in dark scenes. Example: Tried to watch new Mad Max the other day with girlfriend who wanted to see it and it was streaming for free on some platform (HBO Max I think) and both the video and audio were terrible so I dug out my BluRay copy and it was night and day better. Not even close. For some movies I don't really care. Drama's, etc. But for any movie with decent visuals and/or cinematography and again especially any movie with a lot of dark night, under water or outer space scenes I can't stand the messy streaming quality. For the record I have a pretty solid/fast internet connection, hard wired and trusty old 1080p Panasonic plasma. Some streaming content looks better then others but none come anywhere close to BluRay picture quality yet IMO. At least not on my rig. Same for the sound. The dialogue alone in Mad Max was night and day better/different on BluRay.

Semi related rant...

I have recently decided that streaming quality is just not good enough for me yet for major visual big screen movies (Dune, Bond, etc). So while I know it's a dying breed I am still buying BluRay's of top tier big screen movies here and there just for picture quality alone. I can't stand the messy artifacts especially in dark scenes. Example: Tried to watch new Mad Max the other day with girlfriend who wanted to see it and it was streaming for free on some platform (HBO Max I think) and both the video and audio were terrible so I dug out my BluRay copy and it was night and day better. Not even close. For some movies I don't really care. Drama's, etc. But for any movie with decent visuals and/or cinematography and again especially any movie with a lot of dark night, under water or outer space scenes I can't stand the messy streaming quality. For the record I have a pretty solid/fast internet connection, hard wired and trusty old 1080p Panasonic plasma. Some streaming content looks better then others but none come anywhere close to BluRay picture quality yet IMO. At least not on my rig. Same for the sound. The dialogue alone in Mad Max was night and day better/different on BluRay.

I am with you on this, all the way..................

Back