• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Jomari my father had finished his tour of duty on the Nimitz one year before they started shooting "The Final Countdown" and so when the movie came out he took the whole family to see it and they actually used real men on the Nimitz as extras, so all through the movie my father would let us know who that person was or this person. I agree it's a great movie (cheesy effects though) but this movie holds a special place in my heart as in my lifetime this movie was one of only two movies that I saw in the theater with my father (the other was Jurrasic Park). My father just isn't into movies like me and my mother are. I've actually been on the Nimitz when my father was stationed on it and the sheer size of that ship is breathtaking. The mess hall alone is the size of four football fields.

MatthewB said:
Jomari my father had finished his tour of duty on the Nimitz one year before they started shooting "The Final Countdown" and so when the movie came out he took the whole family to see it and they actually used real men on the Nimitz as extras, so all through the movie my father would let us know who that person was or this person. I agree it's a great movie (cheesy effects though) but this movie holds a special place in my heart as in my lifetime this movie was one of only two movies that I saw in the theater with my father (the other was Jurrasic Park). My father just isn't into movies like me and my mother are. I've actually been on the Nimitz when my father was stationed on it and the sheer size of that ship is breathtaking. The mess hall alone is the size of four football fields.

This is soo cool... im definitely going to tell my GF about it, thanks for sharing!

I agree on the nimitz, i think its one of their larger ones back in the day. coincidentally its being docked during the memorial weekend here in san francisco. The SS Iowa is also moving out to go to the south this week too.

In a sidenote, does anyone know why they name their ships that way? Why do we have a Arizona, yet also have the Nimitz or others named after presidents?

Yes i can google.

jomari said:
MatthewB said:

This is soo cool... im definitely going to tell my GF about it, thanks for sharing!

I agree on the nimitz, i think its one of their larger ones back in the day. coincidentally its being docked during the memorial weekend here in san francisco. The SS Iowa is also moving out to go to the south this week too.

In a sidenote, does anyone know why they name their ships that way? Why do we have a Arizona, yet also have the Nimitz or others named after presidents?

Yes i can google.

Jomari you just got married and you have a girlfriend on the side already?!?! :eek:

jomari said:
MatthewB said:

Yes i can google.

There is a whole system for naming ships. Battleships were named after states, the Arizona as an example. Check it out here

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/names.htm

Deacon said:
jomari said:
MatthewB said:

Yes i can google.

Jomari you just got married and you have a girlfriend on the side already?!?! :eek:

Ooooh, busted! :mrgreen:

Deacon said:
jomari said:
MatthewB said:

Yes i can google.

No matter what you are screwed. Either you already have a gf and you are dead meat or you forgot you were married which is almost as bad.

hehehe. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

im still used to calling her the GF, im not sure why but i guess im still associating it in that manner.

i guess its also because i kinda keep my personal life separate from work, so when people at work ask about stuff i kinda either clam up or pretty much jibber jabber about it, but refer to her as the GF.

its been almost 4 and a half years and only two or three people know her real name simply because i refer to her as the GF.

Thanks for the info on the ships by the way Mzpro. :handgestures-thumbup:

Over the holiday weekend and thru last nite we watched:

Chronicle :handgestures-thumbup:

The Book of Eli :handgestures-thumbup:

The Road :handgestures-thumbup: BUT depressing as all hell

Donnie Darko :think: still contemplating my feelings on that one...

Extract :handgestures-thumbup:

Donnie Darko is AWESOME!!!!!

donnie-darko-quad-ss-h-wm.jpg

Batman said:
Over the holiday weekend and thru last nite we watched:

Chronicle :handgestures-thumbup:

The Book of Eli :handgestures-thumbup:

The Road :handgestures-thumbup: BUT depressing as all hell

Donnie Darko :think: still contemplating my feelings on that one...

Extract :handgestures-thumbup:

Thought I was the only one on the planet that likes EXTRACT.

ELI was good but I preferred The Road, yep depressing as all hell but a much better depiction of what an apocolypse would be.

walls said:
ELI was good but I preferred The Road, yep depressing as all hell but a much better depiction of what an apocolypse would be.
I saw both. Which one was more entertaining (main purpose of movies) to watch? Eli.

I think they were both entertaining in thier own way. Yep for pure popcorn fun (which are the types of movies I enjoy) it was ELI, but for me I couldnt get over just how well Road was done. Of course I should add that I have re-watched Eli and have yet to venture into Road again.........

Yeah I agree but then again ELI's ending was weak as well........of course the fight scenes were AWSOME! lol.

51CMAW7OZ5L.jpg

I finally picked this one up on BR for a decent price and watched it last night. I had seen clips at T7's GTG last fall.

What can I say...............simply amazing!

Have any of your guys watched the bonus material for BARAKA? We watched it last night and it really brought reality to it and the pain stacking time and things they have to overcome to make it.

If you have not seen it, I highly recommend watch them.

heeman said:
Have any of your guys watched the bonus material for BARAKA? We watched it last night and it really brought reality to it and the pain stacking time and things they have to overcome to make it.

Ron Fricke has made a "sequel" to Baraka called Samsara. It debuted at the Toronto film festival last fall and is scheduled to be released in the US in August.

Hard to say when it will come to disc.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xVp3N-M84[/youtube]

heeman said:

:text-+1: Agreed, very cool behind the scenes stuff.

Back