• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Double header this week.

Titus (2000)
51PJDP78ADL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Insomnia (2002)
51Ysy%2Bls0NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Titus was just too long and the dialogues were difficult to understand because they use old English. That coupled with the accents, I got about half of what they say. Still, it can be followed but man oh man, it's a drag. Over 2 hours and 20 minutes long. I like ancient Rome movies but this one didn't cut it. Plus, it's ancient Rome in a symbolic way, not set in that time period. 2 stars out of 5 from me.

Insomnia was a refreshing change from Titus in terms of entertainment value. It's a crime / drama / mystery genre and kept me engaged from start to end. Christopher Nolan did a fine directing in many aspects of this movie including small details. Al Pacino was good as usual in this genre and Hilary Swank's acting was very convincing although that role could have been a male character and wold have worked fine, IMO. She does have cute ass but this movie didn't played to it. :( Robin Williams also did a convincing act but I've always known him as a comedian so his role didn't set in right away. He did pull it off but could have been little better if it was some "creepy" dude like Liev Schreiber or "psychotic" looking Billy Campbell. Anyway, the story is well crafted and it can keep you on the edge of the seat if you are into this genre. 4 stars out of 5 from me.

Just rented "Man on a ledge" with Sam Worthington. Pretty suspenseful drama and good afternoon movie rental. Wouldn't buy it but very worthy of a rental.

Also saw "The Woman in Black" with Daniel Radcliffe "Harry Potter" movie had the worst ending just horrible but the entire movie had me jumping and at one point gave me goosebumps. Truly edge of your seat kinda horror movie too bad the ending sucked so bad cause it was über creepy till then.

61Jte4gSODL.jpg

This one was stupid, funny, gory and scarey all in one, almost "B" rated. We picked it up in the $4.99 DVD a couple of months ago and it has been in our pile of "Hasn't been watched yet". It will be a good trade if BB has their trade up promotion again.

Heeman my GF won't watch that movie with me ever again.....maybe it was all the references I was making regrading her family and the one in the movie. :happy-smileygiantred:

I recall when i was doing my "8 Movies to die for" reviews and they had a movie that dealt with inbreds and at one point during the movie the hapless heroine has stumbled upon the house of the inbreds and there is a large picture of the "Family Tree" and it's a large tree but with just one branch. I immediatly look at my GF and say, "Honey, that picture looks just like your family tree" needless to say she was not amused. (If you can't tell, me and her family have issues).

fast-five.jpg

I hadn't seen any of the other movies from this series and had zero expectations before watching. It's a solid, fun and entertaining movie. But is isn't anything that any movie guys here haven't seen before.

safe_house_movie_poster_1.jpg

I thought it was fantastic all around. Good plot, well cast, good acting, great car chase, good ending. I liked it a lot.

goon-movie-poster-e1330266829108.jpg

Hockey. Fights. Blood.
FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Throw in a lot of laughs a way too much swearing and I WAS HOOKED!

This movie was highly entertaining if you like any of the afformentioned items!!!

Sorry DIYer. You may have figured out by now that I'm a "fan of the ladies", but she just didn't do it for me in this film! IMO she didn't really add or detract from the film - she was just there.

Underworld Awakening
51EMzoCjfcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Out of all Underworld series, this one has the least amount of story but lots of action though. It's good for something. Tons of BASS! Did you hear that, Matt? :handgestures-thumbup:

Kate Beckinsale fans would love this movie but none fans would probably think it's shallow and boring.

Act of Valor - Acting was horrible but I expected that going in the live action scenes were very very good and expected that also. The swift boat scene was pretty cool. All in all I enjoyed it I wasnt bored at all.

Battleship - I was bored for me was just a complete waste and was the first movie that Liam Neeson was in I hated although he was in it for an eye blink. The only cool thing was the metal shredding whirligigs thingies.

Brave-pixar.jpg

Took my son to see this yesterday in 3D. We both enjoyed it a lot. The story when compared to the best Pixar films, seems a little generic but it's still entertaining. BUT the animation especially in 3D is flat-out astonishing, it's right up there with the best I've seen. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars, thumbs-up or whatever... :happy-smileygiantred:

61ANTgxeZrL.jpg

We had this on the DVR from a free HBO or Something weekend.....................

UNREAL..................BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE.

I know, it came out over a year ago!

Back