• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

^^^huh. Although I liked it just fine, IMO, it didn't even come CLISE to comparing to the first. You just can't beat a tiger in the bathroom!!!!

el&ic.jpg

Watched last night with Joanna, I enjoyed more than she did. The pace bored her at times. I wanted to see what the Oscar-nom was all about. Not sure it was THAT good, although I thought a couple of the performances were, perhaps not the story. Another 3.5/5 Batarangs

Let me preface this post by letting you know that my GF will watch pretty much any movie no matter how bad so I was more than elated when 25 minutes into watching that new Jennifer Aniston movie "Wanderlust" she asked me to shut it off. In all that is Holy this was by far one of my all time worst movies that I even tried to watch. If there is a Hell they are making all the sinners watch this one and every sinner is contemplating what they did that was so bad to warrant watching this. Yes even Hitler. Seriously I was given this movie by a coworker and just realized this guy must really hate me to have given me this POS of a movie. Seriously I just had Root canal done two days ago and that was a far more pleasant experience (yes I'm being serious) run don't walk from "Wanderlust".

74b62c8a.jpg

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

One of the best entertaining fun action film I have seen in a while. I love this version of the Holmes/Watson team and this is even better than the first IMO.

Lots of great fight scenes, I especially like the fight between Holmes, a Cossack and a gypsy. Also love the mix of slo-mo and real time in the action scenes.

This was a rental but I will definitely purchase it.

purchased it day one. loved the movie, im glad you enjoyed it mzpro.

quick spoiler alert!!!!

did Sherlock holmes 'wife' die in this movie? i saw her crash on the table, but not necessarily sure if she died or not.

anyways, ive watched a couple of movies over the week,

John Carter - great movie, weak storyline, respectable action. definitely worth the dime if the price is right.

Contraband - er... akward. i always thought mark wahlberg movies are the bomb. this one was good, but borderline max payne. yup.

best movie ive seen in a while, and this my friends was by accident,

Larry Crown

larry-crowne-1.jpg

Great acting, simple yet revealing storyline. something that we can actually live in. realistic. attainable. something i can relate to.

Great movie.

Just finished watching Star Trek: Nemesis, the fourth of the ST:TNG movies from the BD set that was mentioned here a while ago. Actually a pretty good movie; I'm pretty sure I'd seen it before, but like all of these TNG movies, I'd forgotten all the details. Ok maybe not the best movies in the universe, but fun to return to TNG, and I still think Picard is the most awesome ST captain ever.

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

:laughing:

Eden's Lake is a pretty good movie, couple confronts some young teens, with bad results. A good plot with a couple of twists, Michael Fassbender and his co-star Kelly Reilly. Round out the movie to make it a notch better than your average movie with a similar plot. Got a 6.9 at IMD which I would agree with.

Triangle, a group of friends have to leave their wrecked sailboat to board a haunted cruise ship. While not wanting to give away too much, this movie's main premise is rather confusing. Not recommended in my book :? Received a 6.8 at IMD, I would give it a 4.

The Tree of Life
51Ff8%2Bcs0LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Don't bother! Too long and too boring. It's got some grandiose ideas about cinematography but it's hard to stay engaged. 1 star out of 5.

Momento
51EFXP40MZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Directed by Chris Nolan. Interesting sequence. It's about a guy (no pun intended) who was injured and looses his short term memory capacity during a fight with someone who raped and killed his wife. He sets out to find the killer to revenge his wife's death. To do so with his memory problem, he contently takes Polaroid pictures and writes notes on them to keep track of what's going on. It was very engaging at first quarter but then the repeat of same moves made it boring about half way. Plus, the end kind of fizzled off. One trick I would recommend is, watch it backward after the initial viewing. Not bad but too much redundancy for my taste so 2 stars out of 5.

^^ interesting that you didn't care for Memento. That movie put Nolan on movie studio radars...

^ It's a good movie in a sense of being something different. I watched it twice to digest what's in it. It was very entertaining for the first quarter but the level of entertainment dipped down about half way (for me) and that's where my negativity comes from.

getting to enjoy more movies because of my ps3 and 'affordable' prices... better than purchasing movies i know i wont buy...

Ghost Rider -

this one felt like castor troy rose from the dead, literally! it was a fun flick, and saw a big improvement on the graphics put into 'building' ghost rider. the story, of course a bit bland but hey, it was entertaining. if you can spare a dollar, this is a good movie. anymore than 6 bucks, id reconsider.

Act of Valor -

First off, its real servicemen portraying an action movie. anything in the middle isnt who they are. They're soldiers, not actors. aside from the cheeziness of the dialogue and some over the top scenes, im glad i caught this movie. great action and a pretty good rental in my book.

Clash of the Titans -

well, prerequisite to what we were about to watch, but i still liked this movie. its the closest thing i can get to that resembles Kratos.

Wrath of the Titans -

bought this because sister in law bought me Resistance 3, returned it and got credit and added $5 coupon, making this movie 3 bucks. it was shot at 1:85, so full screen action. too bad some of the scenes were .... bland. Anyways, for the fans of God of War, you can either be disappointed, or see what you've been through in the game. Anyways, i liked it.

recently watched willem dafoe (i didnt know he spelled his name like that), in the movie The Hunter.

Slow, suspenseful, like a good documentary movie, this one was definitely worth the $3.99 via PSN (id have to admit tho, for SD material, this wasnt as bad)...

anyways, amazing awe inspiring landscape shots, and quite paced very well. i liked it.

i will now watch safehouse with mah man Denzel later on...

download%2021%20Jump%20Street%20movie%205.jpg

I thought it was going to be really dumb, but I ended up laughing my buns off! Good stuff if you are looking for humor and not substance!

No-L said:
download%2021%20Jump%20Street%20movie%205.jpg

I thought it was going to be really dumb, but I ended up laughing my buns off! Good stuff if you are looking for humor and not substance!

downloaded this today on my ps3 as a rental,

my mind says its going to suck, since its supposed to be a 'reboot' of 21, but it aint.

anyways, ive heard nothing but good things about it.

thanks for the confirmation no-l

just finished this one.

definitely worth the rental man, amazingly good movie.

its not a straight up leave your brain at the door kinda movie, but similar to material like superbad.

some good laughs are to be had.

just not with the children tho. just a heads up.

anyways, good movie.

Speaking of Liam, he's been in many good movies but as with every actor, there is no perfect record. I watched The Grey.

51vKoRfsamL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It was interesting at the beginning but the behaviors of the wolves were just too far fetched. It's not consistent with what I've known about them. Plus, I did some search on this movie afterwards and there are overwhelming responses that mirror my reaction about the wolves and some of those bloggers are wildlife experts. IOW, this is bullshit. They made the wolves act too human-like to fit the plot. Not only that, CGIs were very low quality for 2012 standard. 2 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbdown:

watched Revolver via Universal HD channel (i think), and man! i totally forgot how they turn one 2 hour movie into 4 f*cking hours!

anyways, revolver was a good movie, apparently Guy ritchie being Christopher nolan-ish...

Id have some questions about it, but dont know if anyone would answer... will post later on.

Last movie we watched,

Safe house.

Not the worst, but man, i couldnt get Ryan out of my head dressed like the Green Lantern.

Anyways, Denzel was better in Man on Fire and Dejavu, but this movie was great. A wanna be Bourne movie... worth the rental.

Von Ryan's Express.
60011531.jpg

This forgotten gem is a real treat. Some of you may have seen it already but for me it's a first. If you like WW2 action movies, this is well worth a revisit. Cast of the stars of yesteryear, what good action flick this is! Released in 1965, even for today's standard, this is really well crafted movie.

Starting Frank Sinatra, directed by Mark Robson. It's about British / American POW camp in Nazi occupied Italy during WW2 where they plot an escape. First they tried the typical underground method but by some twist of fate, they end up using the train thus the title, Von Ryan's Express. It's little slow at the beginning but the pace steadily picks up. Towards the end, it's a full blown war action.
The end has something to remember. 4.5 stars out of 5 from me. :text-bravo:

DIYer said:
Von Ryan's Express.
60011531.jpg

This forgotten gem is a real treat. Some of you may have seen it already but for me it's a first. If you like WW2 action movies, this is well worth a revisit. Cast of the stars of yesteryear, what good action flick this is! Released in 1965, even for today's standard, this is really well crafted movie.

Starting Frank Sinatra, directed by Mark Robson. It's about British / American POW camp in Nazi occupied Italy during WW2 where they plot an escape. First they tried the typical underground method but by some twist of fate, they end up using the train thus the title, Von Ryan's Express. It's little slow at the beginning but the pace steadily picks up. Towards the end, it's a full blown war action.
The end has something to remember. 4.5 stars out of 5 from me. :text-bravo:

I actually remember seeing this at my local theater when it first came out. Good popcorn movie.

Back