• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched all three of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes last night. Any fan of Star Wars should see these, they are really funny.

Thor 2
61%2BcTVrKspL._SY300_.jpg

I think it's little better than Thor 1. It's got little more sophistication with relationship between the characters. Not sure how that plays with the geeks... :think:

I couldn't help noticing many similarities with the latest Superman movie in terms of actions, saving the world plot and gadgets. Special effects are top notch. Audio is very good especially LFE. Good demo material.

For me, it was a good popcorn movie so it gets 3 stars out of 5 from me.

The Watch

Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn comedy, I didn't expect much of anything going in but it got pretty good and ended up surprising me. I had ZERO idea it was about an alien invasion, lol.

Well after watching Alison Krauss Live last night, I kinda had to...

MPW-765.jpeg

Speaking of music-heavy Coen brother movies, has anyone seen Inside Llewyn Davis? Just checked Redbox and they're only carrying it on DVD. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Towen7 said:
I could watch O' Brother every week. Its one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, it's awesome. It's been a while since I've watched it; I was struck this time by the dialog, particularly Everett's (Clooney's) lines. "Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment." Love it!

hows kick ass 2 by the way? im semi starting, up to the elevator meet up...

should i stop watching?

heard bad things about it... hmm..

Jom's not as good as KA1 but still a good movie to watch.

Just watched "Margin Call" with Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons, Stanley Tucci, Paul Bettany and Zachary Quinto. Very good movie about a stock Brokerage Firm that caused the 2005 Stock Market crash. Worth a watch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 452
Also watched 88Minutes with Al Pacino. Lord was this a waste of his talent. This movie could've been so much more than it was. Lame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 455
Altered

Great B-movie monster film. Has some fantastic special effects with laughs and gore galore.

The Warriors

Every single time this movie is on I end up watching it,lol. Love this film.

Watched Blue Jasmine and Gravity this evening. Blue Jasmine had a great screenplay, but it was Cate Blanchett's performance that made the entire movie. She was Brilliant. Gravity was very good, although there were a few physics problems I picked up on along the way. Great effects. Solid acting. Overall, quite good.

i guess my inquiry about gravity is, is it worth the purchase for a second viewing kinda movie? i wonder what peoples opinion is on this. in essence i feel like this is one of those movies you get to watch once, or twice if ever, and have that special feeling stick in you, knowing that the second viewing isnt going to be as exciting as the first one because you already know what happens next.

watched Kick ass 2. not bad, but not as good as the first one. im probably the odd man out, but i appreciate kick ass, but not as much as everyone else does here.

one thing i did take note of, this movie shouldve been called hit girl, simply because i feel that it was sort of 'her' story in a way. great storyline tho, albeit flaws here and there, definitely a rental.

Watched Gravity in 3D in the HT tonight with some friends. Freakin' awesome. Soundtrack is superb with great pans and wall shaking bass. Saw it once before in IMAX and this has to be the best 3D movie produced to date. Gonna invite another couple over in a couple weeks who haven't seen it so we'll see how it holds up to a third viewing then...

Zing's pick this evening. I was busy with a few things throughout the house, what I did see I really enjoyed.

Denzel is always awesome. Just an incredible actor.

el-vuelo-the-flightdenzel-washington-pelicula-en-blu-ray-221-MLM4669299037_072013-O.jpg

Babs Flight was horrible for me. It was so depressing (like "Pay it Forward") was so sad I had to turn it off.

Jomari I loved Gravity and have watched it twice so far and will watch again.

Back