• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Babs said:
Zing's pick this evening. I was busy with a few things throughout the house, what I did see I really enjoyed.

Denzel is always awesome. Just an incredible actor.

el-vuelo-the-flightdenzel-washington-pelicula-en-blu-ray-221-MLM4669299037_072013-O.jpg

We both enjoyed this movie, however I was extremely disappointed with the surround mix. Most of the FX scenes were mixed all upfront........ :angry-tappingfoot: They could have done a much better job!

^ Uh-oh, you're starting to sound like Matt. Pretty soon you'll be complaining about lack of LFE as well.

87_front.jpg

Dayam, how LONG is this damn thing?!?!? I watched about 5 hours of it last night, and I'm ready to go to bed tonight, and its STILL running! :angry-banghead:

What a great, GREAT movie! It was like the original Wall Street meets Animal House.

0003242914641_500X500.jpg

And what a friggin' performance by Leonardo! :eusa-clap:

Zing said:
What a great, GREAT movie! It was like the original Wall Street meets Animal House.

I was only able to view some of this. We need to view it again, which I am sure Zing won't mind. All of those beautiful naked chicks. I will get no argument!

The Hunger Games - Catching Fire

61qqUpYxOnL._SY300_.jpg

It was decent. It's not a "chick flick" as some internet posters called it. Seeing the first one would be a must before seeing this movie otherwise the first half would be boring. Actions are well done and AQ/VQ are pretty good. It's a star studded line up with high quality special effects. Jennifer Lawrence fans would like it a lot. The ending was somewhat unexpected which made me want to watch again.

3.5 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

went back to some goodies,

watched Outrage via netflix streaming,

outrage.jpg

as always, sometimes japanese movies can be a tad dragging, so be patient with it. its not the pinnacle of yakuza movies, but a decent 'recent' one with beat takeshi in it.

also borrowed outrage beyond,

5f28e8de3e41a75af6a434544ee62646.jpeg

just banking on the first winnings, not the best either, but entertaining.

good good movies.

i heart yakuza.

Zing said:

We saw this movie while we were in Hawaii, killing a couple of hours before our flight. We had planned on catching this and then driving up the coast for one last sunset, and didn't realize it was almost 3 hours long. Great movie though, and Margot Robbie is not hard to look at. Wow!

Interesting tidbit about the movie, the real guy bunked with Tommy Chong in his stay at prison, and it was Tommy who urged him to put it to paper.

Huey said:
Interesting tidbit about the movie, the real guy bunked with Tommy Chong in his stay at prison, and it was Tommy who urged him to put it to paper.
Not sure if you know this (or caught it in the credits) but toward the end of the movie during the seminar, the host of that seminar that introduced "Jordan Branfort" was the real Jordan Branfort.

Zing said:
Huey said:
Not sure if you know this (or caught it in the credits) but toward the end of the movie during the seminar, the host of that seminar that introduced "Jordan Branfort" was the real Jordan Branfort.

Did not know that, but I didn't see the real Jordan until after we had seen the movie, so I would have never made the connection. Great movie though, and I will be watching it again when it comes out on bluray.

Batman said:
^^ It is out on bluray. (This tues or last)

I'll have to redbox it then. It's worthy of a purchase, but I just don't know how many times I would sit and watch it again.

MatthewB said:
Huey if you had Vudu you can buy the HDX version for 5.00 - 8.00 it's how I get all my new releases.

http://uvcodesforsale.tictail.com/product/the-wolf-of-wall-street-hdx

Thanks for the link Matt, but it isn't about the price, it's about finding the time, or ambition to watch some movies more than once. I probably have about 20 blurays still in their wrappers that I've bought on Black Friday over the last 3 years, all movies that I've seen. $1.59 for the rental at Redbox, and I'm good.

Any of you Texans seen this?

51IXxLGbmVL._SY300_.jpg

It's not my type of genre but after hearing about Matt winning the Oscar for best actor, I decided to give it a try. I think it's a well made movie. His acting was pretty good, IMO. Have I seen better acting before? Yes, but compared to the current crop of actors in his age, I would say he stands out.

And Matt, (yeah, you, Matt B) despite having a lots of hospital scenes, I think you will like this movie for Jared Leto's performance. :eusa-whistle:

3.5 stars out of 5 from me.

Gravity

5161QnHQawL._SY300_.jpg

No, I didn't double dip like some do. I watched Dallas Buyers Club last weekend and then Gravity last night.

I liked this movie a lot. Maybe because I'm into astronomy or Sandra Bullock, or both. The cast number is small. Possibly the smallest of all movies that won so many awards. :think:

I would say, this is one of those rare products which the technicality and art are both in good abundance. A/V quality is fantastic. Editing and the pace is really well done too. I watched in 2-D but I can see why this movie would be a big hit as 3-D. It's how the views are composed.

As for Sandra, at 49 (soon to be 50), she is holding up really well. There are many scenes of her in skimpy clothing and dayum :eek: she looks like 25! I hope none of those are digitally enhanced. :shhh:

4 stars out of 5 from me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Back