• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Huey said:
MatthewB said:
Huey if you had Vudu you can buy the HDX version for 5.00 - 8.00 it's how I get all my new releases.

http://uvcodesforsale.tictail.com/product/the-wolf-of-wall-street-hdx

Thanks for the link Matt, but it isn't about the price, it's about finding the time, or ambition to watch some movies more than once. I probably have about 20 blurays still in their wrappers that I've bought on Black Friday over the last 3 years, all movies that I've seen. $1.59 for the rental at Redbox, and I'm good.

THIS is becoming me. Pretty much the only BDs I actually buy anymore are the handful of blockbusters every year that I want to have around as demo material, or the occasional impulse purchase like Gravity (which I still haven't watched yet).

Towen7 said:
Huey said:
MatthewB said:
Huey if you had Vudu you can buy the HDX version for 5.00 - 8.00 it's how I get all my new releases.

http://uvcodesforsale.tictail.com/product/the-wolf-of-wall-street-hdx

Thanks for the link Matt, but it isn't about the price, it's about finding the time, or ambition to watch some movies more than once. I probably have about 20 blurays still in their wrappers that I've bought on Black Friday over the last 3 years, all movies that I've seen. $1.59 for the rental at Redbox, and I'm good.

THIS is becoming me. Pretty much the only BDs I actually buy anymore are the handful of blockbusters every year that I want to have around as demo material, or the occasional impulse purchase like Gravity (which I still haven't watched yet).

It's me, too, I have at least a dozen blurays not even opened yet (all movies, the concert videos get watched right away and often). I've quit buying most of them unless its a fantastic deal (read: Black Friday, etc).

DIYer I have Dallas Buyers Club on Vudu and agree Jared Leto did a great job. I had no issue with the homosexuality at all. I have relatives and friends who are gay and it doesn't bother me one bit. I judge people on their personality and not what their proclivities in the bedroom are.

No doubt, Matt, Leto deserved the Oscar for best supporting actor. I happened to remember your post about the movie Flight because of the hospital scenes, that's all...

Inside Llewyn Davis, a Coen brothers movie about a 1960's folk singer:

51vFhxmDkUL._AA160_.jpg

Worth seeing once as the music is fantastic but like American Hustle, the lack of likable characters will probably prevent me from watching it again. The soundtrack, however, might be a buy.

american hustle,

well played sir, well played.

this movie was definitely a throwback not only to the era, but to some extent a great part of movies nowadays missing, the element of storytelling. it took enough motion in the beginning to build your characters, but also enough where the ending was a great justification of the characters.

it felt a tad short on the ending, but i also felt that it was playing towards building a 'soundtrack' instead, at times even feeling like it was a musical.

great movie.

Got HBO free this past weekend so I DVR'd "Gangster Squad" never thought it would be that great so never watched it before. Wow was I wrong, great cast, great story and great acting. Went on my normal UV sites and found this title for 3.50 so bought this for my family to watch also. Worth seeing a great movie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,006
TenCommandmentsPoster.jpg

Haven't seen this one in 3 decades or so; it was on ABC tonight so I tuned in.
I'm impressed by the scope of this pre-1960 film. But some scenes, like Moses beating off the Malachites while all the incredibly beautiful shepard-females fight to wash his feet and fawn for his attention, reminds me of the "spank me!" nuns from a Monty Python film; corny as hell.
But, I'll keep watching.

Wait Moses was "beating off" the Malachites? Was this movie on Redtube?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 945
Valhalla Rising. I have no idea what it was about. Either my meds kicked in, or the acid from years ago popped 'round for a quick visit. Definitely a very odd movie to say the least.

elfstone said:
Valhalla Rising. I have no idea what it was about. Either my meds kicked in, or the acid from years ago popped 'round for a quick visit. Definitely a very odd movie to say the least.

yup, definitely. i remembered watching that movie. felt numb afterwards. hoping it had some semblance to a viking movie. apparently it does when its on acid!

American Hustle

512b1DmOC3L._SY300_.jpg

I'm surprised that this movie didn't receive more awards than it did. It's about con-artists and what happens when the authority catches up with them. A lots of twists and turns in the plot. The pace is fast and if you blink, it may require rewind and replay. Acting is pretty well done and what's even better (IMO) is how the whole movie is put together. It's what well written and edited movie is supposed to be like.

For those of you who are into this genre, this is definitely a keeper.

Now for the negatives (no movie is perfect), I've seen this type of complex plot before and for such movie to be entertaining, it's got to be balanced with shorter length (time limit). In other words, very complex in one aspect countered with simple in another aspect. Well, this one is both complex and long which I find exhausting when it was over.

Still gets 4 stars out of 5 from me.

Back