• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

She recently hosted a show............................................. :scared-eek:

Why Sex Is Fun...............on one of the Discovery Channels.............

Wrong girl if you ask me!

Ender's Game
enders-game-poster_0.jpg

Not bad. It's got the typical morality theme in war movies. What's not typical was the amount of CGI. It's got to be the most CGI-ed movie I've ever seen. It was like watching a video game with high quality visual & audio. Yes, SQ is very good with lots of LFE. Good demo material. Other than that, I would categorize this one as ok popcorn flick.

2.5 stars out of 5 from me.

Pompeii. Not terrible if you go in without great expectations of Gladiator. Something on the level of The Eagle.

All is lost,

Big redford fan, love his work both as an actor and as a director.

This one he didnt direct, and just plays 'our man' in this 1 hour 45 minute movie.

great scenes here and there, and expected lull points needed to emphasize his despair.

I liked it, but the ending should or couldve needed at LEAST 5 seconds, 10 seconds more for some sort of closure.

Great rental, great purchase if we go off AQ, felt like Kon Tiki and definitely hits some very low points in movie.

Speaking of Redford as a director, we were channel surfing and came across Quiz Show. I forget how good that movie was. Ralph Fiennes break out role I believe.

The Wolverine
51H9GuDQw6L._AA160_.jpg

I think this may be the best Wolverine of all series (however many there are... :oops: ). Despite 2 hr and 6 minutes long, it doesn't feel that way which is a good sign. It seems more like a drama than anything else for the first half, then things start to get more tech-y like X-Men series. Good mix of action and emotion. Picture quality is good too.

I would give it 3 stars out of 5. I'm sure the fans of Wolverine would give more.

Being a comic book illiterate myself, what is the background on Wolverine's claws? Not only his mutant ability is to heal instantly but the claws were part of it too? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Hey, Matt, there's a hot Japanese girl in this movie. :eusa-whistle:

DIYer said:
The Wolverine
51H9GuDQw6L._AA160_.jpg

I think this may be the best Wolverine of all series (however many there are... :oops: ). Despite 2 hr and 6 minutes long, it doesn't feel that way which is a good sign. It seems more like a drama than anything else for the first half, then things start to get more tech-y like X-Men series. Good mix of action and emotion. Picture quality is good too.

I would give it 3 stars out of 5. I'm sure the fans of Wolverine would give more.

Being a comic book illiterate myself, what is the background on Wolverine's claws? Not only his mutant ability is to heal instantly but the claws were part of it too? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Hey, Matt, there's a hot Japanese girl in this movie. :eusa-whistle:

I don't remember all of the details, but the claws were added by a government agency when they were testing his ability to heal himself, or at least that's what they showed in one of the movies.

DIYer saw "Wolverine" and hated it. Was slow, too predictable and the fight scene on the bullet train was just painful to watch at the sheer stupidity of it all. Yeah the Asian chick was hot but even she couldn't save this train wreck (see what I did there) of a movie. I own the entire X-Men series of movies on UV and even had the chance to buy this one for 5.00 and still couldn't buy it. Just horrible.

Huey the claws weren't added by the government agency. Before Wolverine was given the antium treatment as a child his own bones would protrude from his hands like claws to protect himself ( as shown at the start of the first "Wolverine" movie. When the military replaced his bone structure with antium metal he kept his ability to have that part of his bones ( now metal) to protrude from his hands. The claws were always there just replaced from bone to metal but never added.

So the claws are part of his mutations. Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

As for the tempo of the movie, I guess some like it fast and some don't mind the mix.

Escape Plan
51nzkJx%2BdiL._SY300_.jpg

Not bad if you are familiar with Stallone and Arnold. If not, you will probably dislike this movie.

It's one of many prison escape movies but with a twist which I think made this movie interesting enough to sit through almost 2 hr length. Also, with any other actors, it would've been a snore fest but mainly because of Stallone and Arnold having the marketability that they do, it survived, IMO.

This is the first time I heard Arnold speaking German (only for about a minute). There is a trailer released in Germany and the funny thing is, the person who dubbed German for Arnold's role, his voice doesn't even sound close. I wonder if they dubbed the part where Arnold speaks German... :think:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sT5Y7ygBZY[/youtube]

It's got a lot of (escape) plan squeezed into 2 hr time frame and if you blink, you may loose trek of the plot. Likely a second viewing will be required. 3 out of 5 stars from me.

That's one I really want to see, if it's on par with Arnold's Last Stand and Stallones Bullet to the Head then I am sure I will like it.

I watched The Host on Netflix last night. Great monster movie from China, well worth the watch/read. Lol.

walls said:
That's one I really want to see, if it's on par with Arnold's Last Stand and Stallones Bullet to the Head then I am sure I will like it.
I didn't see those but I've seen many Arny's and Stallone's movies. I think you will like this one.
I watched The Host on Netflix last night. Great monster movie from China, well worth the watch/read. Lol.
I'm not sure I would call it a monster. Well... creature from outer space is more fitting maybe... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517260/?ref_=nv_sr_1 Haven't seen it yet but the story seems interesting. :think:

DIYer said:
Escape Plan
51nzkJx%2BdiL._SY300_.jpg

Not bad if you are familiar with Stallone and Arnold. If not, you will probably dislike this movie.

It's one of many prison escape movies but with a twist which I think made this movie interesting enough to sit through almost 2 hr length. Also, with any other actors, it would've been a snore fest but mainly because of Stallone and Arnold having the marketability that they do, it survived, IMO.

It's got a lot of (escape) plan squeezed into 2 hr time frame and if you blink, you may loose trek of the plot. Likely a second viewing will be required. 3 out of 5 stars from me.

not bad right? i kinda thought it was pretty decent, aside from the casting, the story actually had some if not little substance.

watched Haunter,

large_vUlZ3iST9S2hUCRuM73UWEpuQjb.jpg

definitely worth watching, its on netflix streaming and i have to say, the storyline is pretty decent and quite refreshing. im also glad to see that the ending didnt spoil itself like many horror flicks.

great movie, great movie indeed.

DIYer said:
walls said:
I didn't see those but I've seen many Arny's and Stallone's movies. I think you will like this one.
I'm not sure I would call it a monster. Well... creature from outer space is more fitting maybe... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517260/?ref_=nv_sr_1 Haven't seen it yet but the story seems interesting. :think:
Totally not the movie I am talking about. The one I am talking about is from 2006, is a foreign film and is good. Unlike the POS you are thinking of. Lol.

walls said:
DIYer said:
walls said:
Totally not the movie I am talking about. The one I am talking about is from 2006, is a foreign film and is good. Unlike the POS you are thinking of. Lol.

The host is from South korea, great work, good movie, got a lot of great LFE moments. one of the few movies that made people notice them internationally. of course, we have the staple old boy and pcw series that shouldve started it years ago as a first wave.

Saving General Yang,

a period piece based on the yang family in china, pretty good for what it is, and a significant piece given its historical 'value'...

SavingGeneralYang.jpg

again on streaming. decent fights, decent plot line, traditional rescue thematic.

I watched The Host on Netflix last night. Great monster movie from China
jomari said:
The host is from South korea
Now that's what got me confused about the movie. :( I thought The Host (2013) was filmed in some exotic location in China. I mean the trailer showed some backgrounds like that.
Saving General Yang,

a period piece based on the yang family in china, pretty good for what it is, and a significant piece given its historical 'value'...

SavingGeneralYang.jpg
I don't know what those letters say but is that Orlando Bloom in the middle or some lookalike?

Back