• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Most recent notable watch list...

The Headhunter
The Endless
Evolution
Border
Susperia
Killing of A Sacred Deer
Dogtooth
Take Shelter
Beast
The Wind
The Wind (1928)
Dragged Across Concrete
The House That Jack Built
Left Bank
Possum
Hereditary

Watched Operation Finale with Ben Kingsley playing Nazi Adolf Eichmann one of the top Nazi commanders who escapes to Buenes Aries after Germany fell and was living a peaceful life with his family when he was finally located and a team of people go in to capture him and bring him in to stand trial for war crimes. The movie really takes off when they capture him and realize they can't just leave Buenes Aries for ten days and have to stay hidden as the whole city is looking for them for kidnapping one of their citizens even though he's a war criminal. Never heard of the movie when it was in theaters and heard very little when released on video. Wow oh wow what an incredible movie. It's a cross between Argo and a good espionage movie. I would say this movie is easily in my top ten favorite movies I've seen. The way they shot the ending cutting between past and present was spectacular. If you want to see a great true story movie with a lot of tension and suspense I highly recommend this one.

View attachment 8915
Matt,

Thanks for heads up I will check this one out. Love Ben Kingsley in just about everything he does. May have to rewatch Downfall as well after news of Bruno Gans passing.

Monkey

watching a couple of movies recently,

Close (my posting showed a preview of the movies, but not at final post, so added titles)

not her best, but not her worst either. for some reason i just like her.

this was an absolutely amazing movie.

Standoff at sparrow creek

i loved it, great pacing, good characters, and at 1 and a half hours, it wasnt such a waste of time. highly recommended

Jomari,

I enjoyed Standoff At Sparrow Creek. Loved the simple storytelling style and intensity.

Monkey

:laughing: My daughter berated me for not knowing Endgame was coming out this weekend. So I figured it was time to finally get around to watching this:

6250129_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Unfortunately theaters around here are way too insane to see Endgame this weekend, so probably gonna have to wait a week at least.

Jomari,

I enjoyed Standoff At Sparrow Creek. Loved the simple storytelling style and intensity.

Monkey

glad you enjoyed it. fun to see movies like these are still around.

Try out Black 47,

where an agent is asked to find an irishman and bring him to justice. his name is not neo.
81qqFzSqDpL._RI_SX300_.jpg

I saw End Game on Friday. It was fine but I don't see myself watching it again
Took the family to see it yesterday, and while I will still probably own it, I left the theater somewhat disappointed. It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but it did seem slow at times. I don't want to give any spoilers, but Bucky said something to Captain America at the very end of the movie that doesn't make sense.

Friday evening, I enjoy watching movies via Prime Video~not a lot of current stuff available~but I enjoy movies from the past.

Great one here~ and the moral of the story, IMO, money can’t buy true love admiration, or a soul mate.

large_nijxYJZcGAzXI4QRZwCjphJP85l.jpg

Wife and I played hooky today to go see one of the last showings of Captain Marvel in our area.

Guess I shoulda seen this before Endgame :laughing: - that part makes SO much more sense now!

Wife and I played hooky today to go see one of the last showings of Captain Marvel in our area.

Guess I shoulda seen this before Endgame :laughing: - that part makes SO much more sense now!
Haven't seen Captain Marvel yet, but I thought she would have had more of a prominent roll in End Game than she did.

thanks Pauly. I was planning on seeing Endgame this week but went yesterday to see Capt. Marvel first.

We didn't see Captain Marvel but did see End Game. I'm sure I missed in something
It's not a huge deal, but I just remember thinking at the beginning of Endgame, "who is this shiny flying chick? I have no idea."

Goodnight Mommy
A Dark Place
When Animals Dream
Climax
Lizzie
...and just bought IMAX premiere night tickets for new Godzilla movie coming out 05/30. Looking forward to it.

In Order of Disappearance

The Hollywood remake Cold Pursuit w/Liam Neeson was unremarkable. But the original with Stellan Skarsgard and Bruno Ganz was excellent I thought. Violent, campy, darkly humorous. It's on Amazon Prime and I think also Netflix.

Trailer...

The Hollywood remake Cold Pursuit w/Liam Neeson was unremarkable. But the original with Stellan Skarsgard and Bruno Ganz was excellent I thought. Violent, campy, darkly humorous. It's on Amazon Prime and I think also Netflix.

Trailer...
nice one, i will hunt this down...

nice one, i will hunt this down...

Let me know what you think. I watched then Hollywood version 2nd and was groaning out loud at how they somehow managed to simultaneously make a carbon copy of the original and yet also fail to capture what was so great about it. It felt like I was watching a reenactment but just going through the motions.

Trailer...
That looks interesting. And if it has Tormund in it, it can't be all bad.

That looks interesting. And if it has Tormund in it, it can't be all bad.

Albeit a very brief appearance LOL. FYI the original Norweigian title is Kraftidioten which translates literally to "power idiot" which makes some sense once you see the main character in action.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 3.18.40 PM.png

Back