• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I went to see IT sequel in theater Friday night I fell asleep. Gratuitous and unnecessary sequel IMO. Couple of decent visual effects, one major LFE event and a few good wise cracks from Bill Hader. Otherwise basically a long drawn out dud.

Alita.

not slit my throat bad.

maybe my wrist. i wanted, i desired, i was ready to love this movie.

is it better than ready player one? two different angles, but i watched ready player one maybe three times. i dont think i can do it with Alita.

on a good note,

Godzilla king of the monsters was a blast.

i wish they had hot monkey in there, but alas, cant make money showing all your cards can you?

and yes, i saw the two spoilers and wont ruin it for everyone. its at the end.

I fell asleep to Men In Black International. Just bored to tears with that one. Did see a good movie called Tolkein about the life of J.R.R. Tolkein a slow but good movie about his life and the influences on his life that help create the Hobbit world. Had a good love story also.

(Because I will watch basically any move with giant monsters in it) I watched I Kill Giants last night based on a couple of "sleeper monster movie" reviews I read online. It was pretty unremarkable as a monster movie and eventually morphed into something else entirely. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it and the only reason I am bothering to write any of this is to potentially caution any parents of young kids that the real theme of this movie despite outward appearances is actually centered around coping with terminal sickness and death (in this case of the mother) and the ending is probably more disturbing/distressing for young kids then you might expect it to be. Just offering fair warning.
GIANTS.jpg

(Because I will watch basically any move with giant monsters in it) I watched I Kill Giants last night based on a couple of "sleeper monster movie" reviews I read online. It was pretty unremarkable as a monster movie and eventually morphed into something else entirely. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it and the only reason I am bothering to write any of this is to potentially caution any parents of young kids that the real theme of this movie despite outward appearances is actually centered around coping with terminal sickness and death (in this case of the mother) and the ending is probably more disturbing/distressing for young kids then you might expect it to be. Just offering fair warning.
View attachment 9682

We watched this awhile back and boy did it throw us a curve ball...............

Everything in perspective, it was very moving.

Saw Rocketman the other night....I thought it was ok bordering on good, it was not what I was expecting.

We watched this awhile back and boy did it throw us a curve ball...............

Everything in perspective, it was very moving.

Agreed I liked it much better as a non monster movie once I understood that the monsters were just symbolic. It's a mediocre monster movie but a pretty moving drama.

Saw Rocketman the other night....I thought it was ok bordering on good, it was not what I was expecting.
Watched it a couple of weeks ago and felt the same way. Thought it was going to be more like Bohemian Rhapsody, instead it was more like Across the Universe or Hairspray. Not that that was bad so much, it just made for a different movie experience than what I was expecting.

Took the kids to IT Chapter Two at the theatre after seeing the first on Netflix. A solid "meh". Cool thing was seeing places we recognized and have been to in both movies. Apparently parts of it were shot right here in Ontario. The covered bridge is in a tiny..tiny town called West Montrose and the quarry is in Elora. Kinda trippy!!

I went to see IT sequel in theater Friday night I fell asleep. Gratuitous and unnecessary sequel IMO. Couple of decent visual effects, one major LFE event and a few good wise cracks from Bill Hader. Otherwise basically a long drawn out dud.

Same review I heard from friends!

My sister took my nephew and said it was 3 hours of her life she could never get back.

I like It Chapter 2. It was funny and had a few good jumps. It could've been tightened up, there were some scenes that could've been cut completely and one that could've been shortened, but overall I liked the pacing.

I found the first one more suspenseful. Something about kids in peril vs. adults!!! Wait...do I have some sort of psychological problem?

Avoid X-Men Dark Phoenix. What a bore fest
Also saw Spider Man into the Spiderverse. Absolutely loved this movie. Animation was top notch and loved the story they even brought in spider pig. Loved it.

Last edited:
Avoid X-Men Dark Phoenix. What a bore fest
Also saw Spider Man into the Spiderverse. Absolutely loved this movie. Animation was top notch and loved the story they even brought in spider pig. Loved it.

thanks for the heads up.

when i was growing up, the dark phoenix was a super duper big deal back then. i was really hoping this was going to be good.

im trying to remember, and racking my head....

there was a big pivotal point in the marvel universe, there there was this super powerful ONE dude, wearing all white, and was way before thanos. can anyone remember this timeframe or what they called it?

sh*t im getting old.

im trying to remember, and racking my head....

there was a big pivotal point in the marvel universe, there there was this super powerful ONE dude, wearing all white, and was way before thanos. can anyone remember this timeframe or what they called it?

sh*t im getting old.

You’re not thinking of The Watcher are you? Not really a bad guy.
Galctus is the first ONE dude that came to mind but he wasn’t in white.
Kingpin wore all white but I wouldn’t consider his arc pivotal.

Wait ... I can’t believe I forgot about The Beyonder from the Secret Wars series?!?!?

Pivotal point in the Marvel Universe - check
Super powerful dude - check
Wears all white - check
Before Thanos - kinda ... I consulted my Marvel Encyclopedia and my Marvel Chronicles and Thanos first appeared in an Iron Man comic in the early seventies , way before the Secret Wars series. But the Infinity Gauntlet series was in the early nineties, way after Secret Wars.

DE8FEAB4-29B2-4636-A402-5B4295FF2A2E.jpeg

E566DA32-F93E-4303-9429-6197DF6576EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Back