• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

thanks for the heads up, i saw this a while back and wasnt sure it was out yet. its only on amazon im assuming?

Might be on Netflix not sure but it was free on Amazon Prime. I would not go out of my way to see it or pay to see it but for a free random flick I had never heard of it was a good find.

I watched Uncut Gems a few days ago.
A very serious (though it had funny moments) Adam Sandler film.
Stressful...and I liked it. I don't know if he should win an Oscar for it, but he did a hell of a job making me believe he was who he was.

Bought and watched Joker again tonight.
Great movie.

I know it’s kinda trendy but the scene that starts with Arthur strutting down the stairs and ending with him walking out of the subway station has to be among the best scenes in comic movie history ... maybe not a stretch to rank it up there among all movies.

Bought and watched Joker again tonight.
Great movie.

I know it’s kinda trendy but the scene that starts with Arthur strutting down the stairs and ending with him walking out of the subway station has to be among the best scenes in comic movie history ... maybe not a stretch to rank it up there among all movies.

Saw it twice in the theater. Watching it on BluRay this weekend.

how was the joker? its been a while and honestly havent read any of the newer comic books. how is the interpretation?

Finally found a way to watch this great movie, the most recent project of the great Terry Gilliam.

The_Man_Who_Killed_Don_Quixote_poster.png

It is free on Crackle with commercials.

how was the joker? its been a while and honestly haven't read any of the newer comic books. how is the interpretation?

I watched it a third time last night. Saw it twice in the theater then last night on blu-ray. IMO it's an outstanding movie and performance by Joaquin Phoenix. Not just a great super here movie but just a great and serious movie. It's by no means a traditional super hero movie... little to no action... zero CGI effects... much closer to Se7en or Taxi Driver with a gritty and dark 70's vibe and style. I have read some comments online from comic purists picking holes in some of the liberties or departures from traditional DC lore but for as many of those comments there are a dozen more praising the direction of this film.

I watched it a third time last night. Saw it twice in the theater then last night on blu-ray. IMO it's an outstanding movie and performance by Joaquin Phoenix. Not just a great super here movie but just a great and serious movie. It's by no means a traditional super hero movie... little to no action... zero CGI effects... much closer to Se7en or Taxi Driver with a gritty and dark 70's vibe and style. I have read some comments online from comic purists picking holes in some of the liberties or departures from traditional DC lore but for as many of those comments there are a dozen more praising the direction of this film.

I am star5ting a spoiler thread for Joker.

Watched these back to back yesterday for the first time............ Good Stuff!!

123471_large.jpg

117429_large.jpg

^^ that’s a real commitment right there!

I was done after Infinity Wars, Barb said "Let's watch the next one". Glad we did. I found it very interesting how that brought in all the super hero's from the other movies. We never saw some of them like the Wasp and Captain Marvel yet, but still thought is was cool.

Do you know what's next for Marvel???

I was done after Infinity Wars, Barb said "Let's watch the next one". Glad we did. I found it very interesting how that brought in all the super hero's from the other movies. We never saw some of them like the Wasp and Captain Marvel yet, but still thought is was cool.

Do you know what's next for Marvel???

Black Widow
Hawkeye (on indefinite hold)
The Eternals
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Thor: Love and Thunder
Black Panther 2

Saw 1917 today with my son. Pretty exceptional WWI movie or just a plain exceptional movie regardless of genre. Brutal reminder of the horrors of war no matter what era of human history they may happen to fall in. Some very (I imagine) laborious and well orchestrated long and uninterrupted camera shots and takes added greatly to the tension and drama IMO. My son and I both enjoyed it.

1917.jpg

I also watched 1917. It was very very good, but honestly...the artistry required to film the movie the way they did was what stuck out to me the most.

When that rat hits the ground...OMG!!!

I also watched 1917. It was very very good, but honestly...the artistry required to film the movie the way they did was what stuck out to me the most.

When that rat hits the ground...OMG!!!

Agreed this was maybe one of the most impressive works of editing and cinematography I have seen in many years. Totally immersive experience and very effective.

Saw 1917 after work today....very well done, very reminiscent of Saving Private Ryan but on a smaller more intimate scale.

Warning many spoilers in this video (and annoying narration voice) but some otherwise some cool details about how they pulled off the "single shot" style used in 1917...

Warning many spoilers in this video (and annoying narration voice) but some otherwise some cool details about how they pulled off the "single shot" style used in 1917...

Desperately want to see this movie so ....must ......resist....temptation!!

Back