• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Danger Close on Netflix.

Another one that was better than I expected and I NEVER sit through the closing credits but if the song at the end doesn't get you then you have no soul.

Viet Nam war movie about Australian troops. Recommended.

watched the Hunt,

also another straight to streaming due to the virus...i REALLY liked it. fair warning, got a lot of gore in it, brains and all.

The_Hunt_2020_poster.png

Pretty decent creature feature. Nothing groundbreaking... parasite going after humans... similar to John Carpenter's The Thing and/or Alien. But well filmed and somehow had a credible feel for a science fiction flick leaning more on the science then the fiction. I thought it was worth the rental. Just hit Amazon not sure if available anywhere else.

Watched Onward on Disney+.

Enjoyable, but not compelling. Not Pixar's best, not their worst. I can't even put my finger on anything about it that was missing, it just didn't grab me.

the-death-of-stalin-poster.jpg

It's on NF and I found it to be pretty funny.

Any movie that has Steve Buscemi as Nikita Khrushchev . . .

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.50.51 AM.png

I am sucker for old sci-fi (novels and movies). Watched this last night. It's free on Amazon Prime and the whole movie is also on YouTube. I am forever fascinated by what qualified years ago as science fiction or the future concerns or perils of humanity. Themes in this (albeit campy and low tech but creative effects) movie center around sustainability for humans and the Earth in the face of the atomic age and there are also several subtle references to fossil fuel usage as well as references to how technology effects agriculture and industry. It was made in 1951 so again I am always intrigued by what sci-fi writers and directors perceived to be future issues and then compare it to modern reality.

Watched It 2 last night. I liked the first chapter -- i'd probably give that one a B/B+. This one, not so much. Maybe C+/B-
IT-movie-sequel-news-940882.jpg

hot monkey,

watched Underwater, as much as i liked it, i kinda felt a bit let down. one key way to describe it is, i LOVE their water or exosuits, but there was no description, or logical way it works. same way with the cast, no character buildup, just throw in and enjoy. its not a bad thing in this case, but it worked i guess.

anyways, worth a rental.

maxresdefault.jpg

hot monkey,

watched Underwater, as much as i liked it, i kinda felt a bit let down. one key way to describe it is, i LOVE their water or exosuits, but there was no description, or logical way it works. same way with the cast, no character buildup, just throw in and enjoy. its not a bad thing in this case, but it worked i guess.

anyways, worth a rental.

maxresdefault.jpg

I saw it in the theater had pretty much the exact same reaction. Not blown away but enjoyed some parts. And any time they drag Vincent "Brotherhood of The Wolf" Cassel on screen I am watching it no matter what it is.

I saw it in the theater had pretty much the exact same reaction. Not blown away but enjoyed some parts. And any time they drag Vincent "Brotherhood of The Wolf" Cassel on screen I am watching it no matter what it is.

One of my favorite movies, I have it on DVD

oh shit thats old school! like tres cool!!

hehehe.

want something similar?

The missing with Kate blanchett and Tommy lee jones. its on blu-ray for twenty bucks soon, but dvd is always around.

oh shit thats old school! like tres cool!!

hehehe.

want something similar?

The missing with Kate blanchett and Tommy lee jones. its on blu-ray for twenty bucks soon, but dvd is always around.

I remember The Missing when it came out I just can't remember it well enough will have to re-watch. If you have not see Brotherhood of The Wolf definitely check it out. It is dated for sure but some great scenes and fight choreography. Highly stylized. Kind of reminds me of John Woo's cinematic style. Maybe equal parts Last of The Mohegans, Enter The Dragon and Braveheart if that's even possible. Here's a sample. Pardon the cheesy fan made music video couldn't find the clip I wanted.

oh i KNOW what thats all about bro!! i mean, i saw it two or three times even before gunkata was a thing.

its probably one of the most underrated movies ive had seen back then, and got me to love watching learning more about other foreign films.

i still have two french films i love to recomment to people,

1587186324708.jpeg

36 quai des orfevres

and

MR 73 / The last deadly mission

MR_73_poster.jpg

and for cassel?

still my favorite movie...

La Haine

p18273_v_v8_ab.jpg

La Haine is an amazing film and an all time great performance by Cassel. He is also incredible in Gaspar Noe's Irreversible (if you can stomach it the movie is brutal to watch). I think he was unfortunately typecast by the time he got to Hollywood as the stereotypical "foreign bad guy" but all of his non Hollywood films are pretty great (as non Hollywood films tend to be!). Going back a little I liked him with Jean Reno in Crimson Rivers. And if you have not seen Partisan check it out kind of a Lord of The Flies cult of children thing with Cassel as the Pied Piper.

i wish i can 'stomach' certain movies like i did back then, i dont know why, but i guess is because we seem to be pushing the envelope a bit hard, either for the attention or worse, for the money.

back to the underwater movie, apparently there is a reference to a cult classic monster, at the end.

i liked it, and might give it another try. i want to see the alternative ending, i heard it might be the ending i want to see.

back to the underwater movie, apparently there is a reference to a cult classic monster, at the end.

i liked it, and might give it another try. i want to see the alternative ending, i heard it might be the ending i want to see.

The buzz about the monster at the end of Underwater is that it's the H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu. Apparently confirmed by movie director see article below.

Cthulhu article...

Last edited:
Back