• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Porco Rosso. I bunch of Miyazaki has appeared on Netflix recently.
images

I really wanted this to be good it just wasn't. A couple of decent action scenes otherwise cliche and unremarkable. Oh well.

Ok, so those longstanding forum members, especially those going back to the old S&V days, should have established a long time ago that I am pretty easily entertained.

I actually thought it was decent. I enjoyed it and I even enjoyed to twist at the end that everyone with a brain should have seen coming and I didn't. LMAO

Motherless Brooklyn is a 2019 American neo-noir crime film written, produced and directed by Edward Norton, based on the 1999 novel of the same name by Jonathan Lethem. Set in New York City in 1957, the film follows a private investigator with Tourette syndrome, who is determined to solve the murder of his mentor

It's on HBO

do we put movies that we watch via netflix here or at the streaming thread?

anyways, watched hold the dark, and overall its pretty good storytelling. definitely on the darker end.

side note, why oh why is it that everytime they show a dark thriller it always seems to be in alaska?

i also watched the outsider, jared leto movie.

in a way, i think that his inclusion in the movie was a 'accompaniment' to the main movie itself, and i enjoyed it quite a lot. somewhat a japanese movie with an american tempo so to speak. not as slow as most japanese movies are.

worth my time.

I started to watch Dr Sleep but realized it had been years since I watched The Shining so

dr. sleep is still one of the best movies ive seen last year.

there are only two bits you need to know imo, from the shining...

1. dick halloran, the one who gave him ice cream, was the first one know saw his abilities, and needed to help him 'keep it forward'.

2. that the dad was also a 'part' of it, and that he had the shining too, in some sort of manner. (i think. this is my personal takeaway from the shining)

Lot's of good buzz about this Russian sci-fi flick. I just bought in on Amazon streaming will watch it this week and report back.

This movie was pretty incredible IMO. Also incredibly disturbing at times fair warning. But it's an absolutely epic character study of the child main character as he navigates from one traumatic experience to the next... and these experiences shape him irreparably. I have not seen anything like it in a very long time. Probably the best grown up WWII movie I have seen since Bruno Ganz in Downfall. Stacked (sometimes short cameo roles) cast and filmed brilliantly. Imagine if Lars Von Trier collaborated with Robert Eggers to make a sprawling slow burn WWII epic. This is exactly what it might look like. Repeating the warning it's not easy to watch at times. But I am glad I did. Will stick with me for some time.

Back