• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

just a heads up, there is a kids movie that mzpro would probably like a lot, its called peabody and mr. sherman.

i was surprised by how much fun it was, and very fast paced it was for a kids movie. a lot of historical info (albeit on a shallow kids level), it was worth it.

kept watching it the whole time my kid did.

just a heads up, there is a kids movie that mzpro would probably like a lot, its called peabody and mr. sherman.

i was surprised by how much fun it was, and very fast paced it was for a kids movie. a lot of historical info (albeit on a shallow kids level), it was worth it.

kept watching it the whole time my kid did.
If you don't know Mr Peabody and his boy Sherman were originally part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show in a segment called Peabody a Improbable History. At 11:00 in the video below. The show was a favorite of mine as a kid and actually a favorite of my Dad's. Very satirical humor filled with kind

Season 1 &2 are available for free on Prime

Watched Possessor this weekend directed by Brandon Cronenberg (son of David Cronenberg) his fathers influence is obvious. I thought Christopher Abbott was excellent playing a very complicated role where his character was not always under the influence of his own consciousness. Some pretty graphic gore fair warning. If you were a fan of his fathers films (and know full well what you are getting yourself into) this is a must see... possibly better IMO.

Last edited:
Apologies for profanity but I had my first holy $hit movie watching moment in many years maybe a dozen times throughout watching this. Hits like a brick. Not an easy film to watch. Not an action movie... slow to unfold and brutal... much more historical arthouse then mainstream. Was originally released in 1985. Does not fit into the Hollywood stereotypical glamorized matinee imagery of WWII. A bit of a history lesson/reminder on who really did the dirty work on ridding the world of the Germans in WWII and who paid the greatest price. And possibly now my all time number one on list of most powerful war films and/or WWII films. Moved right past Downfall, Painted Bird, Gallipoli, 1917, Saving Private Ryan you name it. Definitely is my new definitive WWII film. I picked up remastered Criterion BluRay after a strong recommendation from a friend whose opinion I trust. No idea how this flew under my radar for so long.

97/95% Rotten Tomatoes score and strong reviews...

Ebert review...

was it gruesome? like overlord gruesome?

Not gory gruesome. There are a few scenes with war gore but they are somewhat dated looking practical special effects. It's more just gut punch violence and war crime activity with accompanying disturbing imagery. Will stick with you for some time. I had to pause and break a couple of times. It's a lot to absorb in one sitting. Been reading more about the making of it. The director reportedly used live ammo in many scenes and the vast majority of people you see on screen are non actors. It's also a pretty grim history lesson on what happened in Belarus. They lost over a quarter of their population to the Germans.

BELERUS.jpeg

Last edited:
thanks monkey. i guess at times, some movies that have scenes like that are hard to 'erase' and like you said, stick to your brain.

thanks monkey. i guess at times, some movies that have scenes like that are hard to 'erase' and like you said, stick to your brain.

Definitely the case here. And maybe more so because it's all based on real events. And the use of locals as extras is powerful in and of itself. These people all have personal or family connections to these events. It makes some of the scenes all the more powerful and real. The anger and emotion on peoples faces is not just acting.

Last edited:
Watched this today from 2011 missed it when it came out but heard some buzz so checked it out. Powerful little story with some great character acting by Peter Mullen and Olivia Coleman (The Favourite). I found it streaming on Amazon not sure if it's on Netflix. No one in the movie is particularly likable... more so just happened to find each other while trying to find some escape and salvation from difficult circumstances. But they are IMO compelling characters and very well acted.

Decent reviews...

Last edited:
Just finished a "Maleficent Marathon" - watched both of them, first one I'd seen but didn't remember much of, second I hadn't seen yet. I really like these movies, underrated IMHO.

bought hbomax JUST to watch this.

apparently, if you have youtubetv you can also 'link' both accounts.

Back