• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched What Happened to Monday a few nights ago and I really liked it. I thought it sounded stupid and wouldnt get into it, figured it was something to kill a little time and I could turn it off and go to bed when I got tired. I stayed up late. It just kept getting better as it went on.

Watched What Happened to Monday a few nights ago and I really liked it. I thought it sounded stupid and wouldnt get into it, figured it was something to kill a little time and I could turn it off and go to bed when I got tired. I stayed up late. It just kept getting better as it went on.

I enjoyed it. Most of the Netflix sci-fi stuff is pretty solid. I binged through most of them earlier this year.

Watched this last night was really looking forward to after becoming a big fan of directing team Benson and Moorhead after seeing Resolution, The Endless and especially Spring. But I was a little disappointed. It's not a terrible movie just a lot more mainstream and not nearly as intriguing or puzzle like as their previous films. Nothing really threw me off like the other titles I just mentioned which were all a lot of fun to unravel.

Watched this last night was really looking forward to after becoming a big fan of directing team Benson and Moorhead after seeing Resolution, The Endless and especially Spring. But I was a little disappointed. It's not a terrible movie just a lot more mainstream and not nearly as intriguing or puzzle like as their previous films. Nothing really threw me off like the other titles I just mentioned which were all a lot of fun to unravel.

thanks monkey, i was super excited about this, but after viewing the trailer a lot more, i kinda had hesitations. i am not aware of team benson and moorhead so this is going to be new.

i recently watched midnight sky, the clooney movie.

visually, it was great, beautiful scenery etc.... storywise, you can somewhat see through it immediately.

the ending was also a bit confusing.

was it worth my time?

i dunno, i couldve watched another movie more than this.

i felt like..... i watched through this enough, i have to painfully finish it kinda movie.

i also forgot to mention, i watched the other anthony mackie movie, on netflix.... other side of the wire or something.

intruiging premise, good visuals, but through the last quarter it felt rushed or even worse, they got stumped and didnt know what to do with 'how' to explain what was going on.

i would chose this over midnight sky tho.

good stuff but definitely not enough to buy.

i am not aware of team benson and moorhead so this is going to be new.

I would definitely check out their other flicks. They are IMO more complex and fun to unravel then this new one Synchronic. Resolution and The Endless (watch in that order as they were released) take place in a shared universe and have a great sci-fi X-Files style mystery/puzzle style to them. Of the three I really like Spring which is not part of the shared universe of the other two.

The Power Project with Jamie Fox and Shia Labeouf.

It was ok.
Yes it is not a standout film but for someone who grew up with a Japanese mother, there are a lot of ideas and references about Japanese society and philosophy that I connected with.

Hiding in my cave does not serve me well sometimes and apparently I am missing the reference.
Shia has had some classic run ins with paparazzi and others. You are probably better off I would consider that a point of pride not knowing. If I could delete half the nonsense in my head I would gladly do it. Hard drive wipe... reboot.

:rolleyes:

Shia has had some classic run ins with paparazzi and others. You are probably better off I would consider that a point of pride not knowing. If I could delete half the nonsense in my head I would gladly do it. Hard drive wipe... reboot.

:rolleyes:
Ah, yes I do sort of remember that and I can certainly relate. I am sure the nonsense that fills my head is just different nonsense than yours.
So many things I should forget and so many things I cant remember.

Ah, yes I do sort of remember that and I can certainly relate. I am sure the nonsense that fills my head is just different nonsense than yours.
So many things I should forget and so many things I cant remember.

I have seriously on several occasions told people at work to not tell me something because my hard drive was getting full. If I don't need to know it just don't tell me because I only have so much room in there.

The Power Project with Jamie Fox and Shia Labeouf.

It was ok.

wait, shia labeouf wasnt in that movie.

it had joseph gordon lewitt, but i didnt recall any shia labeaouf.

i finished watching the little things with denzel on hbo max,

hmm...

it was interesting, but definitely was disappointed. great performances, but a weaker script.

just watch the trailer, and well, it doesnt show the story as much, just your feel on it.

on a good point it was set somewhere in the 90s, no cellphones, just pagers etc. pretty good time frame to use.

wait, shia labeouf wasnt in that movie.

it had joseph gordon lewitt, but i didnt recall any shia labeaouf.

i finished watching the little things with denzel on hbo max,

hmm...

it was interesting, but definitely was disappointed. great performances, but a weaker script.

just watch the trailer, and well, it doesnt show the story as much, just your feel on it.

on a good point it was set somewhere in the 90s, no cellphones, just pagers etc. pretty good time frame to use.

Well crap, you are correct it was joseph gordon lewitt.

My apologies I got my actors mixed up.

Well crap, you are correct it was joseph gordon lewitt.

My apologies I got my actors mixed up.
no worries dude.

i still liked that movie. havent had a good movie in a while with jamie foxx in it.

i still remember watching his 'fresh prince wannabe' sitcom back then. i still liked it.

The was a bit of a let down. Had all the makings of a good story and cast just didn't seem to work at least not for me. Rented it on Amazon after it finally dropped from $19.99 to $5.99. Usually when a new release holds at $19.99 it's because it's really good and getting a lot of play. Not sure why in this case it was a bit of a dud.

thanks for the heads up monkey,

Just finished

Love and Monsters, man the guy was a bit of a miscast, but he did great! i loved it. great movie, i only streamed, it but didnt use my home theater for it, must have some awesome moments because of monsters duh. its great tho.

The banker - this one was with anthony mackie (yup, been watching him a while now), and this was amazing too. great movie, given that its based on true events. definitely worth a rental.

Back