• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I thought Olivia Wilde did a great job with the intense subject matter. The story itself was maybe not as good as her performance. But again she is solid and I think this performance might elevate her to other more serious roles.
cant wait. will get to watch part 1 tonight.

yes. i watch movies now in parts. with kids sleeping etc, no time to myself aside from the sh*tter, i have to watch in quarters.

I thought Olivia Wilde did a great job with the intense subject matter. The story itself was maybe not as good as her performance. But again she is solid and I think this performance might elevate her to other more serious roles.
Did somebody say Olivia Wilde??? :oops:

watched it last night, the whole thing. man, it was great. i agree, given the painful almost 'turn your head to the side to avoid it' kinda conversation, it was definitely 'shared' with the audience.

it hides certain spots you dont necessarily 'need' to understand, since it was a give in. very craftfully done.

since its free via amazon prime, it was worth it.

i was thinking of watching the rhythm section, but i already saw the original. no need. so im going to try to find something similar.

i am on a binge on revenge movies.

i tried 'archenemy' with sophia vergara's husband, and it felt too intense for me.

i am buying henry cavill's movie, the one i mentioned. its worth my 6 bucks i guess.

funny, im still trying to play cyberpunk, but since i got my new tv, ive been binging movies.

aside from peppa pig and blues clues.

i am on a binge on revenge movies.

If you are binging revenge genre films have you seen this German film?

I thought Diane Kruger was incredible in it. Very powerful little performance. It won all kinds of foreign awards but for no apparent reason was totally snubbed by the 2018 Oscars even in the foreign films category. Personally I would have put in best actress and best picture categories foreign or domestic.

If you are binging revenge genre films have you seen this German film?

I thought Diane Kruger was incredible in it. Very powerful little performance. It won all kinds of foreign awards but for no apparent reason was totally snubbed by the 2018 Oscars even in the foreign films category. Personally I would have put in best actress and best picture categories foreign or domestic.
oh yeah, i did, based on your suggestion a while back. it was an awesome movie, and kinda felt that there were moments she was stumbling, which was an essential part of the movie. the victim doesnt suddenly become john wicks and have military backgrounds etc. rage comes out raw and sometimes, improvisation is a big part of it.

the olivia wilde movie on the other hand, shows she takes time to plan her hit. except for one situation, it was pretty cool. unbelievable at times, but easily overlooked.

the movie night um.... whatever that movie with henry cavill was in, had something similar.

its a good movie, but its also dark. be forewarned. cerebral intercourse is a requirement.

Ya, especially considering I went to look up some cast information and found a thread on what the movie was about, including things from the book the director left out. :shocked:

BTW, did anyone notice when the husband came back his friend told him to take the Blue Bronco in the back barn and the vehicle he took was a blue K5 Blazer?

BTW, did anyone notice when the husband came back his friend told him to take the Blue Bronco in the back barn and the vehicle he took was a blue K5 Blazer?

im asian, so its toyota or honda, other cars are just plain old american cars. :D

im excited, but im going to watch a vengeance movie again tonight.

The A vigilante movie was worth it. great stuff.

im excited, but im going to watch a vengeance movie again tonight.

I think technically this qualifies as a revenge flick if you are looking for more stuff to watch. I'll try and come up with some others.

IMDB Plot Summary: With the aid of a fellow Auschwitz survivor and a hand-written letter, an elderly man with dementia goes in search of the person he believes to be responsible for the death of his family in the death camp to kill him.

Solid cast with Christoper Plummer, Martin Landeau and Bruno Ganz makes an appearance.

I think technically this qualifies as a revenge flick if you are looking for more stuff to watch. I'll try and come up with some others.

IMDB Plot Summary: With the aid of a fellow Auschwitz survivor and a hand-written letter, an elderly man with dementia goes in search of the person he believes to be responsible for the death of his family in the death camp to kill him.

Solid cast with Christoper Plummer, Martin Landeau and Bruno Ganz makes an appearance.

oh i remember that movie. i wish i didnt see it as much, because it reminded me of how great an actor christopher plummer was.

same with max von sydnow was back in the day. still amazing given his role in 3 days of condor.

i think im going to try to hunt down some korean flicks. back in the day they had some really good revenge stuff.

first on the list i remember is i saw the devil. and back then when i saw it on release it was very very dark for my taste.

Tried to watch this for free on HBO Max last night.

I just don't understand who the target audience is for this movie. It's not that the movie was terrible (which it was). It was somehow both silly and goofy like it was angled towards a kid like audience and yet also at the same time way too raunchy and violent for such an audience. In other words it was too dumb for grown ups and too grown up for kids. A total misfire hot mess IMO. I get that this kind of craziness is part of the main character by design. She's not Wonder Woman. I fast forwarded through most of it and fell asleep before it ended. Glad it was free and not on-demand.

Tried to watch this for free on HBO Max last night.

I just don't understand who the target audience is for this movie. It's not that the movie was terrible (which it was). It was somehow both silly and goofy like it was angled towards a kid like audience and yet also at the same time way too raunchy and violent for such an audience. In other words it was too dumb for grown ups and too grown up for kids. A total misfire hot mess IMO. I get that this kind of craziness is part of the main character by design. She's not Wonder Woman. I fast forwarded through most of it and fell asleep before it ended. Glad it was free and not on-demand.
Not only all of this, but I wish they’d stop killing the F’ing main villains.

The informer,

This had a great cast, and a good storyline. not the best, but definitely not bad either.

Its no Shot caller (now THAT was great), but its a good movie enough for me to stay up until 2am last night just to finish it.

Backstory details werent apparent, until later on, a bit more character development wouldve helped, but ultimately, not bad since its FREE ON AMAZON PRIME.

i bought the damn thing and then my sis in law lent us amazon prime on the broken tv, and saw a couple of good movies including this one.

on a side note, any good Amazon prime movies i should look forward to watching? aside from coming to america 2?

monster hunter was on my list, i watched it until the10 minute mark and turned it off.

Just finishedit and I agree it was much better than Shot Caller.

Back