• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Just finishedit and I agree it was much better than Shot Caller.
glad you liked it randy, i actually said shot caller was better.

in a way, they have their own merits.

shot caller showed how he was incarcerated and changed it to be his advantage.

the informer, well, didnt really deal with him being inside, and/or how it changed it to make it work for him. i DID like how the story arch changed because of how it affected OTHER characters. good stuff

Watched Saint Maud today another A24 horror release (Hereditary, The Witch, Midsommar, etc). Maybe the best of them and the best gothic horror film since The Exorcist IMO. Fair warning not for everyone it's pretty intense and occasionally quite disturbing. If you can stomach the trailer you can stomach the movie. A24 has established a new standard for cerebral grown up themed horror films IMHO.

FYI only available streaming on Epix (free trial via Amazon Prime video) as far as I know. The US BluRay release was delayed or something and I don't see it streaming anywhere else. Critics score and reviews on Rotton Tomatoes are very strong. Audience score not quite as much.

Last edited:
My brother a big golf fan was over today so in honor to the Masters we watched

A bunch of my dorm floor went as a group to see Caddyshack in college. When "Mr. Gopher" kept dancing I said to my buddies, "That's not a gopher, that's a frat rat; look at him dance!"
Three rows of guys directly in front of us slowly turned around and fixated on me.
Ewps! :oops:

The-King-of-Staten-Island-Poster-Header-with-Pete-Davidson.jpg

Caught this one by accident. It was funny, moving, quirky, and I don't know if that was the hook for me or the star power of this one (and it had much star power).

Not bad Great LFE especially in first 15 minutes
Binged watched this one and a few others before UFC on my couch/COVID vaccine shot #2 recovery day yesterday. Had it's ups and downs but some solid fight scenes and signature finisher/gore moments.

Yesterday.

1. Godzilla vs. King Kong (3rd viewing with a friend who had not seen it yet)
2. Nobody
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Whole lotta UFC fights.

Will probably avoid my television for a week I think I did enough brain damage yesterday.

:p

Binged watched this one and a few others before UFC on my couch/COVID vaccine shot #2 recovery day yesterday. Had it's ups and downs but some solid fight scenes and signature finisher/gore moments.

Yesterday.

1. Godzilla vs. King Kong (3rd viewing with a friend who had not seen it yet)
2. Nobody
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Whole lotta UFC fights.

Will probably avoid my television for a week I think I did enough brain damage yesterday.

:p
GET OVER HERE!!!!

Watched Open Range last night.

Pretty solid movie, gotta love Duvall and Kostner in that one.

"Well, youre men arent ya"

That rain storm... surround sound gold.
yup, the beginning scene, has a lot of rolling thunder coming in from a distance. great way to test your sub.

i also use the 'i shot him too' scene, to test out my center channel. if it passes with a good thud, it works, if not, well, time to mosey along.

Back