• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I agree with Monky

Mild Spoiler Warning:

I should say I liked it a little more then just for what it was. I liked that it was almost more of a story about the main character Native American girl and her struggle to prove herself and find her true identity and calling as a hunter... refusing to just settle into the traditional role that was expected of her... then it was just another rehashed creature feature sequel. The Predator parts were cool and nostalgic for fans of course but I thought the movie was really more about the girl and I think I liked it better because of that. I liked that they also managed to throw in some period specific stuff like the presence of the French fur trappers and other bits while still staying true to the pure hunter vibe and mythology of the Predator character. And it was filmed nicely looked good on the big TV. Would consider seeing this in the theater if they released it that way. I didn't realize it was directed by the same guy who made 10 Cloverfield Lane which was pretty good flick I thought.

Wife and I were watching a Pawn Stars from the previous season, and one guy brought in a signed Tommy Boy poster by Chris, David and Rob Lowe. Looked on everything we stream and nobody had it, so ended up buying it on vudu and spending more than I really wanted to. What are you watching, The Yankees? Funny movie.

Missed then when it came out glad I bothered to remember to finally watch it. The ending and the slow burn character and plot development were great I thought. A lot of reviews seem to pass this one off a Quentin Tarantino knock off but I think it's better then that.

Missed then when it came out glad I bothered to remember to finally watch it. The ending and the slow burn character and plot development were great I thought. A lot of reviews seem to pass this one off a Quentin Tarantino knock off but I think it's better then that.

I don't remember how I stumbled on that one, but yes, very underrated movie with a pretty big cast.

I don't remember how I stumbled on that one, but yes, very underrated movie with a pretty big cast.
Agreed it definitely flew way under my radar. I thought the uneasy but eventually kind of sweet relationship/dynamic between Jeff Bridges and Cynthia Erivo was excellent. Also the late game character development/reveal of Lewis Pullman (hotel clerk) was both unexpected and added a lot to the finale. I read that Matthew McConaughey was originally cast as the Billy Lee character which probably would have been better but Liam Hemsworth did a decent job. It's maybe just a little bit of a stretch to see him in a "bad guy" role I guess. Also had no idea this was NIck Offerman...

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 10.37.41 AM.png

...a lot about this movie snuck up on me. Very under rated little sleeper noir flick IMO. Heavy on the metaphor at the end but it worked for me.

Agreed it definitely flew way under my radar. I thought the uneasy but eventually kind of sweet relationship/dynamic between Jeff Bridges and Cynthia Erivo was excellent. Also the late game character development/reveal of Lewis Pullman (hotel clerk) was both unexpected and added a lot to the finale. I read that Matthew McConaughey was originally cast as the Billy Lee character which probably would have been better but Liam Hemsworth did a decent job. It's maybe just a little bit of a stretch to see him in a "bad guy" role I guess. Also had no idea this was NIck Offerman...

View attachment 12038

...a lot about this movie snuck up on me. Very under rated little sleeper noir flick IMO. Heavy on the metaphor at the end but it worked for me.
It's been awhile since I've seen it, was a Sunday afternoon viewing if I remember correctly, but it was definitely an engaging movie. Kind of slow at times, but I can't go to a hotel now and wonder if I'm being watched! lol Yeah, wish there had been more of Nick as well, and was surprised myself.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, was a Sunday afternoon viewing if I remember correctly, but it was definitely an engaging movie. Kind of slow at times, but I can't go to a hotel now and wonder if I'm being watched! lol Yeah, wish there had been more of Nick as well, and was surprised myself.
(Literally watched in on a Sunday afternoon LOL)

It was slow at times but the way it all came together was well done I thought. I tend to prefer movies that don't spill the beans immediately and/or even leave some things unresolved. Don't need everything neatly wrapped up and defined before the closing credits. Walking out of a movie wondering about some things is usually a good indicator for me.

Binged a little on movies this weekend...

1. Three Thousand Years of Longing new George Miller (Mad Max director) flick with Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba. Saw it in the theater has some cool visual effects on the big screen. Very much a fairy tale style basically the whole movie is fantasy story telling between the two main characters with flashbacks and mystical stuff happening over centuries. It was entertaining IMO if not a little sluggish in a few spots.

2. Hector and the Search for Happiness kind of a Walter Mitty quest for the meaning of life knock off IMO but reasonably funny and entertaining. Starring Simon Pegg with a pretty good supporting cast (some short cameo level appearances) including Toni Collette, Rosamund Pike, Stellan Skarsgard, Jean Reno and Christopher Plummer. Streaming free on Amazon Prime.

3. Kajillionaire which we just stumbled across on Netflix or HBO Max not sure which. Quirky drama/comedy about a chronic scammer family... reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine. Cool cast some were almost unrecognizable especially Evan Rachel Wood using her natural voice according to interview we read about the making of the movie. Also with Debra Winger (also hard to recognize) and Richard Jenkins.

i got to see top gun maverick. excellent movie. not as good as ghostbusters afterlife, but close. good stuff, 'action scenes'.

pretty consistent with most of tom cruises movies

motorcycles
airplanes
a lot of running.

Watched Jurassic Park Dominion yesterday, and I can see why it didn't the greatest reviews. Looked and sounded great, and the CGI was top notch, but story was just meh at best. And it is a very woke movie, which just want to be entertained, not preached at.

We watched "House of Gucci" Saturday night.

It was slow-ish but a pretty good watch.

Wife has had to work until 10 the last few nights, so last night decided to catch the new Sly Stalone flick on Prime, Samaritan. It actually was a pretty decent movie, although, and I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it, it was predictable at times. It wasn't a bad way to spend an hour and 40 minutes. The kid in the movie is the same kid who played Diego's "son" in the most recent season of Umbrella Academy.

We watched "House of Gucci" Saturday night.

It was slow-ish but a pretty good watch.
I haven't seen it, but I think Adam Driver is doing a very good job and keeping from being typecast as Ben Solo the rest of his career.

Back