• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Matt, you seem to be having bad luck with movie choices lately. :(

Try Monsters if you want your gf clinging onto your arm every few minutes. And it's a decent flick.

district-9-poster.jpg

Watched this over the weekend. I had no idea what to expect on this one... but that wasn't it. ;) Enjoyed it, though.

Tee said:
WOW! Pauly you really are behind with your movie watching.

:laughing-rolling: Nothin' new about that!

MatthewB said:
Actually it is 127 HOURS not days, if he was down there 127 Days without food and water and lived, than I would be very impressed. Just saw "Faster" with "The Rock" save your rental movie, that movie sucked on every possible level (much like his movies do, but this one was especialy painful to watch.

Hey The Rundown is one of my favorite movies! :angry-tappingfoot:

Deacon said:
MatthewB said:
Actually it is 127 HOURS not days, if he was down there 127 Days without food and water and lived, than I would be very impressed. Just saw "Faster" with "The Rock" save your rental movie, that movie sucked on every possible level (much like his movies do, but this one was especialy painful to watch.

Hey The Rundown is one of my favorite movies! :angry-tappingfoot:
No shit! The Rock and Walken what else do you need?

mcad64 said:
Rope said:
Batman said:
127_hours_blu_ray_for_sale.jpg

Had to see what all the hype is about. Pretty decent movie, and they made it a good length given the subject. The time spent in the "slot" with Aron Ralston could have been made to drag on and on and potentially grow tiresome (with all due respect to the main character and everything he endured). I have to say though I didn't really see this performance by Franco as Oscar nomination worthy, even though his portrayal was fine, I think this role just happened to suit him and his real personality and was the right movie at the right time...

Making a movie about someone's self written book, portraying their stupidity, doesn't appeal to me.

Rope
Rope,
What stupidity are you talking about? I assume you mean the fact that he did not tell anyone where he was going?
Mike

That, and he went by himself, which is a rule #1 no, no., especially in that country. Canyonlands is terribly vast, and the maze (known in hiker circles as the black box), where Ralston was, is doubly treacherous. For a person of his abilities, and experience, he knew better.

Look Ma, one hand! He's damn'd lucky it's only one arm. He should be dead by all rights, and they may have never found his body.

Rope

Batman said:
51E30eUhymL.jpg

Pretty good. But all that really needs to be said about this movie is, Anne Hathaway is naked....A LOT!! 'nough said. :handgestures-thumbup:

I gotta see this on just to get a good long look at her cans. I've seen em before but it was a short clip.....they looked like they were about as perfect as a set can be.

Tee said:
Friday & Sat I watched the all three of these outstanding, well done movies a that I have been on my short list for sometime now. I really enjoyed this series and did not want it to end but as all good things they must, I highly recommend checking these out. I just hope if there is an american version they won't screw it up or better yet just leave it alone.

girl_with_the_dragon_tattoo_ver3.jpg

the-girl-who-played-with-fire-movie-poster-1020552776.jpg

Girl-who-kicked-the-hornets-nest.jpg

Are these movies in order or just different stories or can they be watched in any order? I'm really wanting to watch them.

-B- said:
Tee said:
Friday & Sat I watched the all three of these outstanding, well done movies a that I have been on my short list for sometime now. I really enjoyed this series and did not want it to end but as all good things they must, I highly recommend checking these out. I just hope if there is an american version they won't screw it up or better yet just leave it alone.

girl_with_the_dragon_tattoo_ver3.jpg

the-girl-who-played-with-fire-movie-poster-1020552776.jpg

Girl-who-kicked-the-hornets-nest.jpg

Are these movies in order or just different stories or can they be watched in any order? I'm really wanting to watch them.
They're in sequence...

Botch said:
51Az9S97QGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Another BBC doc, on Bluray! :text-bravo:

Wow, I got tired of watching this, looked at the jacket, and it's 5 hours long! The extras are 110 minutes more. Fascinating, enjoying it very much. I'd hoped it would be narrated by David Attenborough, instead it's this skinny brit physicist who looks like he should be frosting cupcakes on the Food Channel, but he's not too bad. So far its been a nice update to one of my favorite books, Cosmos by Carl Sagan. (we've learned so much since then).
I normally won't pay more than $20 for a bluray, I paid $25 for this and it was worth it. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Watched 127 hours, saw the 20/20 special on this two weeks ago and it was better then the movie by a long shot.

Saw Three days with Russel Crowe pretty decent action flick that the GF loved and she hates action flicks.

Also saw Paranormal Activity 2 not as good as the first cause they used a recognizable actress in the role of the mom which blew the whole "authentic" videotape feel that the first one gave off but there were a couple scenes that made my GF and even me jump pretty damn high. One scene sent my GF asthma off cause it was so loud and made you almost jump out of your skin. A definate rental if nothing else to rent.

MatthewB said:
Also saw Paranormal Activity 2 not as good as the first
Worse than the first? Is there even a term for it? :eek: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-shrug:

Me & the boy went to see....

o-battle-los-angeles-movie-poster.jpg

We enjoyed it but nothing new that has not be done with scfi invasion movies. It was entertaining and should make great demo material when the Blu-ray comes out.

Botch said:

I dig that Brian Cox fella. He's so laid back and unpretentious for a physicist. Sort of like he's just listened to DSOTM before filming or something.

I've caught most of those shows on the Science Channel, or Discovery, or whatever channel they're on. All of them seem to have some Space show on now.

I watched Gladiator with my daughter for the first time this afternoon. She loved it.

I watched All the President's Men with her this evening and it bored her. <sigh>

This on sale at Amazon and BestBuy for the same price. Nice looking 3D piece.
51USwAl6TbL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Botch said:

Watched the second two-hour "episode" of this thing, fascinating! The whole thing was concentrated on the rings of Saturn, and how they represent a microcosm of the Solar System herself. It introduced the concept, first in Saturn's rings and two moons, and then in Jupiter and Saturn's orbits about the sun, of "resonance" between moons, or planets, whose orbits overtake each other on a regular interval.
On Saturn, it caused a "spiral" ring to form (I won't even try to describe it, but w/video it made sense). Within the Solar System, Jupiter and Saturn's "resonance" supposedly caused a shooting gallery of comets to pour into the Solar System; in fact the theory was presented that those comets are actually what brought the majority of water to Earth.
This video is really giving me some seismic shifts in my beliefs, and I'm not halfway thru it yet!
As I said, Fascinating! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

DVBJVg5zCvztFD_2_l.jpg

Deserved every bit of acclaim it received. Bale was simply amazing, I see now why he was such a heavy favorite to win an Oscar with this performance.

Back