• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Isn't altering the events considered taking liberties? Tex is still alive in prison, and Squeaky, the ginger haired girl, went on to try and assassinate President Ford. I didn't hate the movie, but I think Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds are better movies, with Pulp Fiction my favorite work of his.
Watching Celebrity Jeopardy last night, and this was one of the clues.
jeopardy.jpg

Watched this today streaming free on Amazon Prime. Well written some good dialogue and occasional dark comedy. Enjoyed it was better than we expected.

Saw new M. Knight flick Knock at The Cabin today in the theater it had a lot of potential, some decent performances, moments of high tension and drama but ultimately felt pretty underwhelming. Felt like the whole movie was dancing and circling around some potentially great themes but never really dove in or bothered to develop them or any of the characters beyond predictable superficial depth. A little disappointing.

Watched a couple of movies this weekend, Sicario and Black Panther: Waknda Forever. I had never seen Sicario, but that was a pretty intense movie. I see there's a sequel, which I will probably eventually check out. My boy and I saw the BP in the theater, but the wife hadn't so we watched it yesterday. Left me with the same thoughts after watching it the first time, decent movie but no where near as good as the first.

Watched a couple of movies this weekend, Sicario...
Liked that one a lot I thought everyone was good in it... one of those solid all around ensemble performances that was even better then the sum of it's parts... like Heat. Also sold on Denis Villeneuve as a director at this point he is making some great films.

I had never seen Sicario, but that was a pretty intense movie. I see there's a sequel, which I will probably eventually check out.

I really like Sicario and the sequel and second what Monkey says. It's better than it should be.
Much of the cast have been pushing for a third installment but it's looking less and less likely, which is too bad.

Liked that one a lot I thought everyone was good in it... one of those solid all around ensemble performances that was even better then the sum of it's parts... like Heat. Also sold on Denis Villeneuve as a director at this point he is making some great films.
Yep. Dune and blade runner 2049. Difficult to pull off and I think he did. I'm a fan of his now. Only issue on Sicario is I think it lacked some oomph here and there.

Yep. Dune and blade runner 2049. Difficult to pull off and I think he did. I'm a fan of his now. Only issue on Sicario is I think it lacked some oomph here and there.
Arrival was also very good I thought. Agreed the actual Sicario storyline was not super cohesive. To me that movie was as much about creating an uneasy setting and mood as it was about telling a particular story. He seems to do a very good job with this kind of thing... using tension and music to create intense moments, dread, etc. very effectively IMO. I think as he gets better and better scripts and material his movies will only improve.

Arrival was also very good I thought. Agreed the actual Sicario storyline was not super cohesive. To me that movie was as much about creating an uneasy setting and mood as it was about telling a particular story. He seems to do a very good job with this kind of thing... using tension and music to create intense moments, dread, etc. very effectively IMO. I think as he gets better and better scripts and material his movies will only improve.
likewise, the fact that he uses these elements to almost perfection is a good opportunity to grow. just needs some opportunity to do so.

the second one, sicario 2 also is well done, the story i felt was stronger, better than the first one. i really wished they invested in his storyline. they had plans for sicario 3 but not current as the moment.

likewise, the fact that he uses these elements to almost perfection is a good opportunity to grow. just needs some opportunity to do so.

the second one, sicario 2 also is well done, the story i felt was stronger, better than the first one. i really wished they invested in his storyline. they had plans for sicario 3 but not current as the moment.
I guess I really need to see number 2 after liking Sicario 1 and since numerous people have said it's pretty good.

I didn't finish it, started a little late for 2+ hour movie, but started watching Fury last night. Something about the directing style didn't sit right with me, but it was engaging enough that I couldn't turn it off until the wife came home from work and we started watching the news about the shooting. Pretty strong cast, although this doesn't play out like your typical WWII movie, but I will finish it tonight.

Saw new Antman movie on the big IMAX sized XD screen early show this morning to avoid the crowds. It was fun in a Starship Troopers big battle scene kind of way at the end. Enjoyed the visuals and spectacle of it. Otherwise it's just Marvel installment #347 or whatever number we are up to by now.

Saw new Antman movie on the big IMAX sized XD screen early show this morning to avoid the crowds. It was fun in a Starship Troopers big battle scene kind of way at the end. Enjoyed the visuals and spectacle of it. Otherwise it's just Marvel installment #347 or whatever number we are up to by now.
I saw it with my Son Friday evening….was mostly indifferent after, didn’t love or hate it.

Needed a change of pace.

The first few acts were by far better than the rest.

D029AE96-0278-4F7B-B7A1-65FAC265785B.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw it with my Son Friday evening….was mostly indifferent after, didn’t love or hate it.
Yeah I feel the same way. Marvel movies are getting pretty formulaic which is not really a criticism... I go see them anyway because they are fun and entertaining usually.

Yeah I feel the same way. Marvel movies are getting pretty formulaic which is not really a criticism... I go see them anyway because they are fun and entertaining usually.
Reading this got me thinking about how much a comic book is just that, formulaic, but fun and entertaining.

Reading this got me thinking about how much a comic book is just that, formulaic, but fun and entertaining.
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with formulaic if it's an entertaining formula. Look how many Zatoichi blind swordsman movies were made or Godzilla or James Bond, etc. Look how many Star Wars or Star Trek spin offs there are. I'm OK with lather, rise, repeat entertainment so long as it's well executed and maybe throws in some new twist or innovation to make things interesting.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with formulaic if it's an entertaining formula. Look how many Zatoichi blind swordsman movies were made or Godzilla or James Bond, etc. Look how many Star Wars or Star Trek spin offs there are. I'm OK with lather, rise, repeat entertainment so long as it's well executed and maybe throws in some new twist or innovation to make things interesting.
Marvel usually just gets it right with these movies. I'll probably take the boy, maybe the wife if she behaves, and see the new movie soon.

i think ant man had a better vibe to it, moreso with micheal penas character. heard he wasnt in this one because the director said there is a overwhelming amount of characters. at least he didnt get killed off.

Back