• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Saw new Guardians of the Galaxy movie today on the big screen we enjoyed it. Some mildly dark back/origin story to the Rocket character put a surprisingly serious tone in between predictably campy parts. But a pretty good Marvel movie IMO maybe one of the better recent ones.

Sisu was awesome we saw it in the theater today the crowd was cheering some of the scenes. Absolute mayhem and very violent but also very well filmed IMO and just plain fun. Loved it.
for those interested,

Sisu is now available to purchase or rent via google play store.

so is a-mario movie

and the new guy ritchie movie the covenant.

The new Scorcese movie also looks promising.
aw yeah, saw that. i couldnt tell it was dicaprio nor could you see brendan frasier in it clearly. de niro of course was in it too.

darker themed movies are the 'in' thing nowadays in cinema.

I don't usually watch movies.
I don't usually carry my iPhone.

So I'm perfectly qualified to recommend a phone app for moviegoers (saw this on the SnazzyLabs channel).
It's called "Runpee". You enter the movie you're going to see, its start time, and the app will notify you of the "slow" portions of the film, so you can "run, pee" at the theater. While you're standing (or sitting) relieving yourself, the app fills you in as to what's happening in the film while you're in the restroom, so you stay caught up. Oh, and it's free.

So ridiculous, and so clever, I had to mention it. Let me know if anyone tries this, and how it works.

The popes exorcist.

It was good, i didnt mind seeing the gladiator (unfortunately cant unsee him as Zeus in thor love and thunder), but this one was good for what it was. Definitely a rental

The Covenant.

So, this is a guy ritchie movie. one of my favorite movies of all time is The Gentleman. great script and movie. this one, well, its like Guy Ritchie made a semi Micheal Bay movie. not the worst, but not the best. I cant say its better than Ruse de Guerre, which i cant finish for some reason.

A rental, but only if its on sale. Good movie nonetheless, his point is simple, and i liked it. i dont like the reality, but thats a political discussion.

Trying to continue watching John Wick 4, or as i call it Johnny 4 fingers (on one hand).

Enjoyed the new Flash movie this weekend. Lots of cameos, some real, some CGI, but all nostalgic and fun. A much better DC super hero offering then other recent films IMO.

Last edited:
I can't believe I've never seen this before, no idea how it fell so completely off my radar. Watched it this afternoon, enjoyed it very much.

MV5BZjdkOTU3MDktN2IxOS00OGEyLWFmMjktY2FiMmZkNWIyODZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

Interstellar was great it's a favorite of mine and my son we have watched it together a few times. Speaking of which just got advanced tickets for IMAX showing of Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer coming out in July looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
i think it was one of nolans best movies. inception was another one for me, but this one takes the cake.

watch it once or twice more, and you'd appreciate the small little details you may find in it.

heres a start...

they never mention coopers first name at any instance in the movie.

i think it was one of nolans best movies. inception was another one for me, but this one takes the cake.

watch it once or twice more, and you'd appreciate the small little details you may find in it.

heres a start...

they never mention coopers first name at any instance in the movie.
Im going to have to watch again.

Watched this kind of by chance over the holiday weekend stumbled across trailer and gave it a shot. It was much better then I was expecting. Kind of Good Will Hunting meets custody battle kind of hybrid. Thought it was great and a little more serious then the trailer may show. The court scenes and discourse especially rang very true after having been through some recent divorce drama. Streaming on Amazon for cheap like $3.99 I think. Maybe free on some other streaming channels not sure. Got 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Back