• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What TV shows are you watching now?

I've watched 4 episodes of the first season and it reminds me alot of the Buffy series which I was a big fan of, though not as good. something I will keep in the que and watch when there is nothing else.

It gets better the further in you go. Yes, it reminds me a bit of Buffy. Same general kind of show with better production values.

Local PBS station is airing East Lake Meadows: A Public Housing Story.

Looks good so far. I am going to have to watch the beginning again because I know I missed some vital parts.

Perspective!

We binged the second season of Disney Fairytale Weddings over the weekend.

We still can't believe how much money people drop on those. I'm not a wedding show kind of guy, but I get amused at where/how Disney does that stuff.

Local PBS station is airing East Lake Meadows: A Public Housing Story.

Looks good so far. I am going to have to watch the beginning again because I know I missed some vital parts.

Perspective!

Very good documentary by Ken Burns. Highly recommended.

i thought i was going to burn in hell watching jackass with johnny knoxville.

this is my insurance im going watching Impractical jokers.

seriously, some of the sh*t they do are funny as hell.

and, as much i dont like laughing at others misfortunes, i end up with a painful gut each show.

I watched Ad Vitam on Netflix and loved it. It is a bit shallow with some far too common stereotypes, but the concept is great and the English overdubbed dialog isn't bad at all. At least the plot isn't typical American fare.

We are bingeing our way through Agents of Shield with our younger daughter and are currently on Season 2.

We've been streaming a lot of concerts from Qello, most recently Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense.

We just started the final season of Clone Wars on Disney+.

We are thinking about starting Tiger King on Netflix.

We've been watching James May: Our Man in Japan on Amazon.

We are looking forward to the new season of Bosch coming up on Amazon.

We need to finish the last couple episodes of the latest season of The Masked Singer on Hulu.

Watched the second episode of a BBC program on PBS "Spy on the Wild"

They show animatronic models of animals with cameras in the eyes and place them in natural environments with real animals.

Some scenarios work better than others

I am a sitcom junkie and love coming across something I have missed.

Discovered "Everybody Hates Chris"

With narration by Chris Rock very funny

We have one episode of Cursed to go. I'm not a huge fan of colorblind casting (black King Arthur makes zero historical sense), but it is very well done and enjoyable.

Also watching Watchmen on HBO, which is pretty solid so far. We are getting ready to watch Season Two of The Umbrella Academy.

The 100
My wife just finished the 6 available seasons of The 100 on Netflix. Season 7 just ran on CW from May-Aug (2020).
I was into/out of the room while she watched through her phone. First few seasons were pretty good, but went a bit downhill
after season 4 (not awful, but they were definitely running out of good ideas).

Ah, so a show about magic swords and fairy folk is supposed to be historically sensible? :laughing:

:moon:

I'm just saying that using a racially mixed cast in a show set in Britain 1200 years ago does not make much sense. The irony is that the SJW crowd loses its mind if a white person plays a role perceived as Asian (Ghost in the Shell) or if someone who is not Jewish plays a Jew (Bat Woman) or any number of other silly things. If the character in the original source material is a gender-fluid half-black/half-Asian Christian Scientist from Wyoming, then the actor had better be too, by God. Yet none of that applies the other way around.

I'm just saying that using a racially mixed cast in a show set in Britain 1200 years ago does not make much sense. The irony is that the SJW crowd loses its mind if a white person plays a role perceived as Asian (Ghost in the Shell) or if someone who is not Jewish plays a Jew (Bat Woman) or any number of other silly things. If the character in the original source material is a gender-fluid half-black/half-Asian Christian Scientist from Wyoming, then the actor had better be too, by God. Yet none of that applies the other way around.
You mean like a white blond haired blue eyed actor portrayingJesus?

a948de8a377a22ab28444448069dc7f6.jpg

max-von-sydow-greateststory.jpg

Last edited:
You mean like a white blond haired blue eyed actor portrayingJesus?

a948de8a377a22ab28444448069dc7f6.jpg

max-von-sydow-greateststory.jpg

Actually, I agree with you on that one. Jesus would have had darker skin and brown eyes. He would probably look a lot like a typical Palestinian does today. If I were making such a movie today, I would cast it as such.

Back