• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Who sits down and listens to music?

Streaming services like Spotify and Pandora have actually introduced me to a lot of music I wouldn't have known existed in the days before these services existed in the good old days of DJs being the only gatekeeper. A general search entry into Spotify brings up a lot of stuff. Much of the new music which comes up is utter crap, but some things slip through which I like.

I got to spend a lot of time just chilling and listening to music on my phone and Pandora, while at my niece's house.

chill.jpg

You guys crack me up! I think you have to be a smart ass to be a member here and that's a good thing.

Interesting points about making music more accessible. Maybe the question goes back to the point that anyone can make and publish music today. I'll go check out the Music section to find some new and exciting music recommendations.

And it isn't just about new music, I love putting together stations on Pandora for classic 50's / 60's jazz, 60's / 70's rock, female vocals, etc... Whatever fits the mood.

Jeeze, pauly! Why arent you Copland with all these nice posts? It ain't Reich.

Last edited:
Stop it or I'm cancelling the forum host and all its software.

I was enjoying lunch with a good friend today who I don't get to see often enough. Somehow the topic of "alone time" came up and I mentioned my joy in getting to spend an hour here and there listening to music - of course being single in a huge home makes it easy to do now - he said that with three kids and a stressed out wife he doesn't ever get to listen to music anymore. That made me sad. Then he said that the only time he really even hears music now is when he turned on the radio in his car and he absolutely hates what is playing on the local rock stations.

I feel bad for my friend.

Back