• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Who's watching American Idol and The Voice?

I won't be surprised if Phillip Phillips wins the whole shebang. He had a great showing tonight!

Chance that any one of the final three will not get signed by Interscope for a record deal? ZERO

Aaaaannnnd America gets it wrong again. LOL
Joshua is perhaps one of the most talented contestants from all the seasons. Ah well, teeny boppers of this country have more time on their hands to vote than old farts like me!

Doesn't matter. Interscope has already announced that they are going to sign him. Honestly, anyone who makes it into the final three or four generally gets a record deal now. Who wins doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. Look at Kris Allen and Adam Lambert. Allen won, but who's had the far better career since? Lambert. That happens a lot.

Absolutely correct. I generally decide at the start of the season who my favorite is and hope they get voted off in third thru sixth place!! They generally have the latitude to make a much better album!

My son is pre-teenage (12)....he does not like Phil. I also am not a big Dave Matthews fan also....his music is okay but...Phil seems to be Dave's copy-cat.....sorry.

I think most of those artists would tell you they are far more successful than they may have ever been without Americn Idol or the voice.

Take Taylor Hicks for example. He was never gonna sell on top 40 radio forever, but he does have a pretty decent career now doing musicals and the like. I am betting every time he cashes a paycheck he is ok with it.

There are a lot of VERY SUCCESSFUL people in the music industry that don't have #1 selling albums. There are a lot of successful people behind the scenes that the general public never knows about. The most recent issue of Bass Player magazine has a write up about A. I.'s bass player, Artie Reynolds, this guy is a very successful and INCREDIBLY WELL RESPECTED studio musician who completely eschews the spotlight.

Back