• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Will Purchase A New Plasma

I've purchased 4 plasma panels from internet sources, (2 Visual Apex, 2 Amazon) never a problem. If you choose to do so, be present at the time of delivery, and if the shipping container is damaged in any fashion, refuse shipment.

Rope

I can't believe you are considering buying a tv and not waiting until black friday this being nov 13 and all.

Black Friday.........

I will never camp out at a store to save some money, even if it is some what significant.

I spoke to the sales people in various stores concerning the Black Friday Sales.

The general story is that All products are not on sale, just specific products.

So if I were to save an additional say $100 on a $1200 TV and have to deal with the crowds, I will not do it! Never have and never will.

I have never done the Black Friday mosh pit, but I have heard that a lot times they will put on sale a lower class tv. Making it seem like your getting a better deal than you are. I'm with you Heeman and will pass on the mob menality of what is becoming now late Black Thursday. Though I think Bat's makes a convincing argument for buying from Amazon.

Still loving my floor model Panasonic P-50VT20 from Best Buy. However I still miss the envelopment from Bat's aprox 100" projection screen, that was amazing.

I have never been shopping at a b&M on black friday. All my stuff is online and the deals are legit.

Could not imagine going shopping on thanksgiving .i could not be sober in time for midnite onslaught... Between the wine , food and football.. Why oh why would I want to be sucked into the manics and their desire to kill like you were a turkey.... Plus the savings are not as different then what you will get online... IMO its a cult thing...

Nordstrom's has advertised that they will not put out Xmas decorations until Black Friday. I will be doing as much of my shopping as I can there (admittedly, I have no shopping to do...)

Purchase Complete!

Additional Pic's to follow once it is set up after dinner.

Attachments

• 1111160001.JPG
    1111160001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 547
hawk52 said:
Could not imagine going shopping on thanksgiving .i could not be sober in time for midnite onslaught... Between the wine , food and football.. Why oh why would I want to be sucked into the manics and their desire to kill like you were a turkey.... Plus the savings are not as different then what you will get online... IMO its a cult thing...

I tryed it one time and never again.

Srvy said:
hawk52 said:

I tryed it one time and never again.

Beautiful I love my 50in Plasma from Samsung PN50C550.
One thing I noticed is they will heat up a room good in winter not so much in summer.

Enjoy I scoured the AVS forums and tried several settings others used for the same TV till I found one I settled on.

Con Grats and a Big 59 inch you suck

heeman said:
Purchase Complete!

Additional Pic's to follow once it is set up after dinner.
Congrats! And You Suck!

(I noticed kitty already has dibs on the box...) :D

Schweet!

I've got a (sadly smaller and older) 5 series Samsung in my living room. I've been very happy with it and I'm sure you will be too.

Congrats.

Who the hell has time to eat when they have a new flat panel to install and enjoy?

Congrats, and you suck the big one!

x30559D7000-F.jpeg

Rope

:scared-eek:

Attachments

• 1103100007.JPG
    1103100007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 495
  • 1111160011.JPG
    1111160011.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 495
I can see that this will take a while to get used to!!!

Okay, the typical question...........

What to do during the breakin period prior to adjusting to Calibration Settings???

Oh yea, picked up a cheapy $79 Toshiba Blu Ray Model BDX2150.

The Samsung came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses, I really have no desire to use them, well at least right now......

I will have to build a stand to put on top of my stand to raise the Display higher than my center speaker.............I already have some idea's.

Back