• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Will Purchase A New Plasma

Thanks for all of the congrats.........

I am pretty siked right now, the excitment is still setting in!!

:dance:

heeman said:
Okay, the typical question...........

What to do during the breakin period prior to adjusting to Calibration Settings???.
I suggest pr0n, the pastel colors won't stress your pixels too much.

heeman said:
Purchase Complete!

Additional Pic's to follow once it is set up after dinner.

And a big YOU SUCK! I notice the cat's in charge, that's as it should be.

heeman said:
I can see that this will take a while to get used to!!!

Okay, the typical question..........

What to do during the breakin period prior to adjusting to Calibration Settings???

Oh yea, picked up a cheapy $79 Toshiba Blu Ray Model BDX2150.

The Samsung came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses, I really have no desire to use them, well at least right now......

Make certain the orbitor is on, low contrast and brightness settings, avoid black bars, no gaming or ticker tape (sports). Watch regular progamming, or BD. After a 100-200 hours, anything goes!

Rope

Rope said:
heeman said:

What to do during the breakin period prior to adjusting to Calibration Settings???

The Samsung came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses, I really have no desire to use them, well at least right now......

Make certain the orbitor is on, low contrast and brightness settings, avoid black bars, no gaming or ticker tape (sports). Watch regular progamming, or BD. After a 100-200 hours, anything goes!

Rope

Man your no fun :text-lol:

Ooohh. Nice Display. Let us know what you think after you watch it a little.

Congrats! :handgestures-thumbup:

heeman said:
I will have to build a stand to put on top of my stand to raise the Display higher than my center speaker.............I already have some idea's.

What about a wall mount?

Rope said:
heeman said:

Rope

Hey Rope.........help me out here!!!

What is an ORBITOR????

Towen7 said:
heeman said:
I will have to build a stand to put on top of my stand to raise the Display higher than my center speaker.............I already have some idea's.

What about a wall mount?

Maybe in the future..........

Heeman, the orbiter is a setting that you turn on to shift the image in a rotational pattern in single pixel increments to prevent image retention and burn-in...most of the newer sets have this feature in the user menu sometimes under "advanced"...

Batman said:
Heeman, the orbiter is a setting that you turn on to shift the image in a rotational pattern in single pixel increments to prevent image retention and burn-in...most of the newer sets have this feature in the user menu sometimes under "advanced"...

I think it is called "Screen Protector" on this Samsung. Every so many minutes it shifts the pixels????

I do have that on.

Does it hurt to watch a move in a calibrated state when a plasma is new like this for a couple of hours and then go back to the cut back settings?

That's probably it though I'd check the manual to get Samsungs explanation of that feature.

heeman said:
Does it hurt to watch a move in a calibrated state when a plasma is new like this for a couple of hours and then go back to the cut back settings?

I wouldn't worry about it.

heeman said:
Rope said:
heeman said:

Rope

Hey Rope.........help me out here!!!

What is an ORBITOR????

Sorry for the delay, I called NASA for a definition of orbitor...you don' want to know.

Bats hit the nail on the head!

Rope

Batman said:
That's probably it though I'd check the manual to get Samsungs explanation of that feature.

Yup, that is it. Also refered to as pixel shifting. The factory setting was 4 x 4 x 4. The recomended is 2 x 2 x 2 which I changed last night.

Tonight will be the first Blu Ray viewing on this set with Tron and Descpicable Me.........can't wait.

We also experimented with the 3D last night with some broadcast from DirecTV, it is interesting, however not realistic. Not a fan!

A belated congrats on your purchase. Looks like real nice set. I wall mounted the tv for the very reason you mentioned, center speaker. You might want to consider it. It's a clean looking setup ...

Back