• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Workstation audio - what you got?

Maximo

Thinking about adding tunes to my desk. Just background jazz and classical. Nothign too extravigant. Considering computer speaker options. Can't do headphones. thoughts? what do you guys use?

I went way overboard a few years ago and bought a pair of Behringer Truth speakers for my desktop. They were way to big and I rarely used them. I realized that when I'm working I'm barely even aware that music is playing so premuim sound quality is not important. I also decided to keep my work computer free of anyting remotely personal. To that end I deleted all music/media and now I use a Boston Acoustic clock/radio with an aux input. I connect my iPod touch or phone to it.

I have always been intrigued by Audioengine and if I ever get a desk that is solely mine, I plan to get a pair of them.

I've just got a couple Logitech speakers. Pretty nice and inexpensive.

And like T7 said I've found very high quality is not necessary when working on my computer.

Tannoy Reveals with a Tannoy subwoofer, but I mix at my desk so that's a bit overkill (sure sounds nice, though).

With my multiple systems, I don't use my computer speakers for music. So, I got a Boston Acoustic BA7900 5.1 system from a friend. I use the mains and sub on my wife's computer for my grandson's gaming. I used the rear speakers with my computer for some sound. The center is not used.

Attachments

• BA.jpg
    BA.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 719
Ward...I..I'm a little shocked here. SUrely you have something in the works to correct this? Maybe a little design carved out of a solid block of aluminum on the CNC machine? Really?

Just kidding dude. Couldn't resist. :text-lol:

I have the small Bose speakers that I got from Costco for 70 bucks. They sound great. You can get them in black now. I have the silver ones. I guess Bose does have a place in the world.

Maximo said:
Ward...I..I'm a little shocked here. SUrely you have something in the works to correct this? Maybe a little design carved out of a solid block of aluminum on the CNC machine? Really?

I know, I know. I was using some Optimus LX-4 with a Winsome Labs Mouse amp, but my son took them for his dorm room.

Attachments

• lagavulin16.jpg
    lagavulin16.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 703
WHAT, no 16:9 widescreen monitor ? We love to rib you when we can my friend

Wardsweb said:
Maximo said:

I know, I know. I was using some Optimus LX-4 with a Winsome Labs Mouse amp, but my son took them for his dorm room.

That's more like the Ward I know!

Barney said:
WHAT, no 16:9 widescreen monitor ? We love to rib you when we can my friend
What are friends for if you can't jack them every now and then? By the way, that is an old pic. Speakers down graded and monitor is now up graded. :mrgreen:

koufax65 said:
I have the small Bose speakers that I got from Costco for 70 bucks. They sound great. You can get them in black now. I have the silver ones. I guess Bose does have a place in the world.

I've got the Bose Companion 2 Series 2.

Bose Blows, however I have heard a few of their products that perform pretty good.

301 bookshelf speaker

101 Speakers that I had in my speedboat back in the 80's powered by a Craig Power Play Cassette Player

and the Companions for the PC.

However, you guys know that I have a Parasound HCA-100A Amp and Studio 20's in my office, Connected to my PC; however the FUBAR II USB DAC is currently at HIDEF Lifestyle being replace due to perfomance issues. Once it is returned and working the Bose will only be on when the wife is playing her silly Jewel Quest Games!!

Some Harman Kardon speakers that came with a Dell desktop from 7 or 8 years ago. They sound pretty decent and never cared to change them.

Randy said:
I have always been intrigued by Audioengine and if I ever get a desk that is solely mine, I plan to get a pair of them.
That's the road I'm going to go down next...the A5's.

533715.jpg

41NT2TM0WTL._SS500_.jpg

Rope

I work from home, so at my desk I have a pair Polk Audio RTi4 with an Infinity BU-1 sub and a late 1990's Sony ES receiver. It rocks!

rti4.jpg

Back