• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Your Dream Speakers

It's be a horse race between these three speakers, although, I favor the time aligned models.

1265331786.jpg

CS3_7_pair_morado.jpg

BE-20-S.jpg

Rope

Given how much I like my Heresies, I'd like to try the more expensive Klipsch speakers. But, if money were no object, I'd like to try a bunch of different speakers.

Aaron German said:
Given how much I like my Heresies, I'd like to try the more expensive Klipsch speakers. But, if money were no object, I'd like to try a bunch of different speakers.

If you like the Heresies, you'd love the Klipsch Korner Horns, or if the room isn't suited for the K-Horns, then the La Scalas.

1280264999.jpg

1279688419.jpg

Rope

I don't know that I'd actually buy them since I haven't heard them but, since money's no object, I think I'd order an in-home demonstration of three speakers:

The Focal Utopias

scalafull1.jpg

and the Revel Ultima Salons

revel-salon2.jpg

and the Grand Utopia III

grand-eutopia-em-speakers.jpg

Or maybe I'd just have Flint build me a pair. :handgestures-thumbup:

Goddamnit Zing!! You stole my thunder...Based only on looks because I KNOW they sound good the Grande Utopia III EMs

grand-eutopia-em-speakers.jpg

Batman said:
Goddamnit Zing!! You stole my thunder...
Not quite. I didn't even know those speakers existed. But I'm stealing them now. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

I'm gonna have to go with the Wilson Alexandria, I am one of the precious few who has had the chance to demo these at a very prominent Cardiologists house whom I work with. The fact that these are imposing to begin with, but once you sit in the main chair and kick back, you are taken to a level of audio that pretty much is the sound of angels singing if you could hear them.

BTW this is a stock photo and not the pair I heard. His are a rosewood mahogony colored pair
alex_livingroom_large.jpg

Dayum Zing you stole my thunder too!

revel-salon2.jpg

Matt,

:text-imsorry: Those Wilson's sound like shit boxes......just saying..........IMO.

Tee said:
Dayum Zing you stole my thunder too!

Matt,

:text-imsorry: Those Wilson's sound like shit boxes......just saying..........IMO.

The man speaks the truth!

If I had the space and money, Dynaudio Evidence.

It's a toss up between,

Klispchorns or LaScalas (I miss my KG5.5 towers)
Dynaudio Confidence towers
Legacy Audio Whispers
Paradigm Signature S8 towers

I have not heard any of these speakers, but if they sound as good as they look I'd be more than happy with them.

Yesfan, more often than not when you post, I remember why I like you. I have been a K-Horn fan since I was a teenager. A story for another time, but one of my fondest audio memories.

And, if I had the money I would still have to take a serious look at these babies.

focus2.jpg

or these

1rosewoodwhisper.jpg

The Mid Range of the Whisper's is possibly the best I have ever heard.

Randy,

I remember this guy in Memphis that had his gear reviewed in Stereo Review's final days (I miss those types of articles in SR). I've lost the mag, but remember he had Whispers upfront, a matching center speaker (model name escapes me) and Focuses in the back as surrounds and a 27" TV (might have been one of the first HDTVs, don't know). All of them driven by Legacy Audio amps. He had the Kevlar drivers died a dark green too, which really went well with the Legacy's woodwork. I don't remember the other components in his rig, but I know he had about $50,000 in his setup. That setup, along with all the music memorabilia on the walls, is still one of the best looking setups I've ever seen.

I wish I could still find that mag. I got rid of all my magazines, but thought I had held on to that one. Wonder if the article is in the S&V archives somewhere?

I know this is bad because I've never actually heard them, but they look so dam cool!!!!!!!!!

Magico M5
M5_0.jpg

If money was no object I would have these in every room of my house. Rip out the old cheap ceiling speakers in the kitchen, bathroom, wherever and just have a bunch of these around. I might even have a few waiting for me to make up a space to put them in.

Attachments

• Dynaudio_Confidence-C1.jpg
    Dynaudio_Confidence-C1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,246
goaliechris said:
If money was no object I would have these in every room of my house. Rip out the old cheap ceiling speakers in the kitchen, bathroom, wherever and just have a bunch of these around. I might even have a few waiting for me to make up a space to put them in.

Even paired with a "lowly" $200 Berhinger amp, those are still the best pair of speakers I've heard (besides the Contour towers a few years back).

Back