• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I was in a war movie mood I guess. This afternoon I watched Fury and Lone Survivor.

Fury
Not bad but not as good as I'd hoped. Very good picture and sound quality but, if I'm honest, the story got weak a little over 1/2 through.

51q-YiKb-4L._AA160_.jpg

Lone Survivor
I don't know why but I wasn't expecting to like this one. I did. God bless the men and the families that movie is based on.

618Mor7rXgL._AA160_.jpg

Watched Disney's Big Hero 6 and very dark for a Disney flick. I rather enjoyed this one while Michelle said this was not a kids movie as it was too violent. I really liked it though. Stay all the way to the end for a neat little scene.

Hmmm... I watched Big Hero 6 a couple nights ago, and my main impression is that there wasn't as much for adults in this movie, that it was a little shallow. Still, I liked it.

The Fault in Our Stars....maybe I'm a sap, but FUK what a tearjerker.

The homesman,

comes to question other reviewers have put with this one, is it a western, or a drama? a western drama?

anyways, its a great flick, if you can mind certain scenes in them fit for their times, but a great movie to watch. i liked it, but im glad i rented it via netflix. not something id add to my collection despite being a 'western'.

rental, but a great one nonetheless.

MV5BMTgzNjI4ODMxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI5Nzk3MTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Just watched Whiplash and agree what an incredible performance by J K Simmons. Great movie and incredible jazz music thruout.

Snowed/iced in yesterday, watched these:

10599289-1336145759-609414.jpg

This was hysterical! I love Rowan Atkinson. I'm a big fan of Brit humor in general.

And then back to another "classic" -

MV5BMTg0MTU1MTg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgzNzYxMTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

We all enjoyed it, but it's really a bit of a silly movie. :teasing-tease:

MatthewB said:
Watched Disney's Big Hero 6 and very dark for a Disney flick. I rather enjoyed this one while Michelle said this was not a kids movie as it was too violent. I really liked it though. Stay all the way to the end for a neat little scene.

MILD SPOILER(S)!!!

Hmmmm.....It's interesting to me that you'd say it was "very dark for a Disney flick." More so than a lot of animated movies Disney has released over the years? What is it about the movie that makes you say that? Disney has a track record, while not movie to movie, of killing characters off which in turn serves to motivate/refocus/teach a lesson to, the main character. Bambi, The Lion King come immediately to mind. While I'm no Disney aficionado, I'm sure there are several others. Maybe something entirely different about the movie made you feel this way. I thought the light-hearted parts and comedy, far outweighed any "dark". And it doesn't get much more cute and cuddly than Baymax. I also didn't feel it was overly violent, it was right on par with say, The Incredibles. And a ton less violent than a lot of properties that are marketed at kids (Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, Harry Potter, etc)

Also I had no idea that the premise of the film originated from a Marvel property. Fantastic animated movie, that has to be mentioned again. I wouldn't be disappointed to see a sequel to this one day. The Incredibles too for that matter FWIW.

I thoughts it was dark because Hiro's parents already died and his one solid rock in his life is his brother who then also dies. Then just when Hiro's is starting to have purpose he has to watch Baymax (an extension of his brother/mother and father die all over again). Again I loved the movie but for a younger child I felt this movie might be a tad too much. Especially the evil man in the kabuki mask chasing them. As an adult su4e it seems tame but I feel for a young child this might be a bit too dark for them and lead to a lot of talk about death and evil in the world.

Sure Disney has had death in its movies (Bambi's mom, The Lion Kings dad) but this movie had a lot of death attached to the main character.

:handgestures-thumbup: cool! While I haven't changed my mind, I appreciate the clarification. Joanna hasn't seen it yet, but I watched it with the kids twice. While Daniel is now 15, even Zach who is 11, is probably a little older than the ages you have in mind. While we shield them to an extent from the ugly side of life, we are mostly pretty lenient when it comes to films (aside from the ones that are clearly intended for a more mature audience). Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, for the most part have a proven track record for packaging beautiful (visually/emotionally) films with one or multiples of "life's lessons." I wouldn't have hesitated for a second to let them watch BH6 at the ages of 4 & 7. Assuming a variety of levels of understanding of what's going on in these movies at different ages, I just see these films on a whole as relatable experiences for children that represent the harsh realities of life in a not so harsh way. If that makes sense.

The bad guy didn't seem so dark to me, reminded me more of a Scooby Doo villain. Enjoyed this movie very much and looking forward to watching it again.

Batman said:
Also I had no idea that the premise of the film originated from a Marvel property.
That explains my "Marvel ripoff" commentary throughout the movie.

In the beginning of the movie, I thought there were many parallels to "The Big Bang Theory". But then those parallels became blatant "Avengers" right up to and including when Hiro turned Baymax into virtual "Iron Man".

Strangely, I couldn't help but feel the ending borrowed heavily from "Armageddon".

Towen7 said:
I was in a war movie mood I guess. This afternoon I watched Fury and Lone Survivor.

Fury
Not bad but not as good as I'd hoped. Very good picture and sound quality but, if I'm honest, the story got weak a little over 1/2 through.

51q-YiKb-4L._AA160_.jpg

I concur on this one, I was hoping for more. yet found myself disappointed on this note.

I had the house to myself this evening, I chose to watch this...

DeepBlueSeaBluRay-590x746.jpg

It has been several years since viewing thIs. What a suspenseful movie! Thomas Jane is a favorite of mine, loved him as Mickey Mantle in 61*. A very, sexy man!

And who doesn't luv LL Cool J?? I enjoyed his 'Preach' character, it made the ending phenomenal.

Batman said:
^ I always think of that movie as part parody...

Me too, but I actually think it adds an element to the movie. LL Cool J was awesome the movie.

32d9bd181d51b1be26b4ded7c4dc8ebe975bc922.jpg__620x465_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

I love scifi.

I love time travel.

this is something up to discussion...

sorry, im at work. anyways, its an interesting flick, and different, definitely different. a rental in my book. started off strong then after a while, you kinda know why its a rental...

a2bdd9f5-f268-4ce5-967c-61970ea5e9d1.png._V323791470_.png

Watched the BoxTrolls with the family last night - actually the first time in a long while all four of us have watched something together! Anyway, loved it, very clever movie, good story, very nicely done animation/claymation.

7534.Hansel_2D00_and_2D00_Gretel_2D00_Witch_2D00_Hunters_2D00_2013_2D00_Official_2D00_Trailer.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

After a day of serious classical music, I needed some brain-unwinding time... this was perfect. ;) Although really not such a bad movie; I enjoyed it very much.

Back