• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I've been to a few dine-in-theaters and I would only go back for a second viewing or something I wasn't all that into.

Last night.....

Transformers: The Last Knight. 1.5/10

I really don't understand how a director can turn in such dreck on such a consistent basis, or how a studio exec could read the screenplay or script for such garbage and give it a green light. The first one, 10 years ago now, while also not great by any stretch, at least laid an okay foundation to build upon. After seeing that movie's shortcomings and failures, you would think any competent director could get something right in one out of the next four tries.....but no, Michael Bay seems to revel in taking everything that doesn't work or that sucks about his take on the TFs and dialing it up another 150% with each sequel. Aside from Peter Cullen voicing Optimus Prime (and they can't even give him any good lines), there's virtually nothing redeeming about this movie or the entire franchise at this point. For a period of time in my childhood, I loved the Transformers more than Batman & Star Wars, so to say how disappointed I have been in this interpretation of them still wouldn't put it into context. Big and bold F

Saw Guardians 2 yesterday - loved it! I think it was on par with the first one. Ok some of the character transformations were a bit of a stretch, but still a good story line.

51%2B34tOFyvL.jpg

Very Good!! The LFE was amazing...............

Ha! Interesting coincidence, just watched that with the family when we were up in NH, brother in law's choice. I never would have watched this on my own, since I have zero interest in war movies, but was really impressed with this one.

Saw Captain Underpants w/ my kids (9 and 5) yesterday.
A bit of childish crude humor (farts, pranks) but actually really good. The kids and parents enjoyed.

Also saw Wonder Woman last week. Thought it was awesome. Some silliness along the way with the plot
but I think by far the best DC Comics movie.

31365964945_ebaf5b9b17_b.jpg

This was a lot of fun! Great family movie, some pretty good humor and lots of little "in jokes." Definitely recommended, will be purchasing this one.

Went and saw Spiderman: Homecoming yesterday, and it was pretty good. Tom Holland does a pretty good job, and the movie has some pretty funny parts. There was a minor twist I didn't see coming, but overall I enjoyed it very much.

Watched Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johanssen and was not impressed. Granted the special effects were some of the best I've ever seen. I felt the movie was a cross between Blade Runner, Equilibrium and Aeon Flux. More Blade Runner than anything else. Story was boring and just dragged on for me. In fact I started to doze I was so bored.

Next up Kong Skull Island. I liked this one better than King Kong from a few years back. More action and tons of good actors. I'm not really into monster movies but this one was rather enjoyable granted very predictable at times but still worthy of a watch.

511EQQKVE6L._SY445_.jpg

Watched this with the family last night, enjoyed it more than most of Carrey's other movies (though I like The Mask too, gonna have to go find that one). Not sure I entirely agree with all the theology in this movie :laughing: but it had its moments. (See my new sig.)

image.jpeg

Best Jim Carrey movie I ever saw was The Majestic with Martin Landau who just passed away today. If you haven't seen it Paul I highly recommend it. One of his best serious roles ever. Same director as The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile

Last edited:
I just bought tickets online to go to the local IMAX to watch Dunkirk next Monday. Cannot wait.

Back