• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

@Babs Seeing that movie with a young Reese Witherspoon reminds me of another movie when she was just starting out, Freeway. Also stars Keefer Sutherland and Brooke Shields, and it's about as twisted and f$cked up movie you will find, but Reese does a great job. You just have to get used to her swearing. A lot!
Yeah, Babs hates swearing. :rofl:

Watched The Martian for the 5-6th time with the family tonight, seems to be our goto movie if we can’t decide on anything else. Seems like we watch it once every 6 months or so. The kids love The Martian and I have no idea why but up until tonight it hadn’t dawned on me to recommend Apollo 13 to them, so we’re gonna try and make time for that one tomorrow.

Just watched Blade Runner 2049 on the home theater 110" screen and the whole system fired up. I really like this movie. I was a little concerned because the original is a classic and one of my all time favs. This one wasn't as gritty and something like a little more refined Blade Runner. It could stand on its own. Time will tell if it holds its fascination.

Saw Jumanji Saturday night and thought it was hilarious. I liked it a lot better than the original, although I need to re-watch the original again to give it a fair assessment.

Watched King Arthur Legend of the Sword last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Home all by myself with the system cranked to reference level.

Watched The Martian

We watched...

the-martian-blu-ray-499x600.jpg

as well on Saturday evening. Great flick! I can certainly understand why kids (especially boys) would enjoy it. I loved how he grew his own potatoes! I would definitely watch this again.

Very pleased I was able to link to this URL, it has been a HUGE PITA as of late! :suspicious:

@Babs Seeing that movie with a young Reese Witherspoon reminds me of another movie when she was just starting out, Freeway. Also stars Keefer Sutherland and Brooke Shields, and it's about as twisted and f$cked up movie you will find, but Reese does a great job. You just have to get used to her swearing. A lot!

@Huey Thanks for the movie tip, luv Reese. Sorry for the delay, crazy busy this time of the year. And swearing doesn’t bother me, I loathe violence more.

@Huey Thanks for the movie tip, luv Reese. Sorry for the delay, crazy busy this time of the year. And swearing doesn’t bother me, I loathe violence more.
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I know there were at least a couple of violent scenes, but were done in a more humorous way.

Just watched Blade Runner 2049 on the home theater 110" screen and the whole system fired up. I really like this movie. I was a little concerned because the original is a classic and one of my all time favs. This one wasn't as gritty and something like a little more refined Blade Runner. It could stand on its own. Time will tell if it holds its fascination.
Watched this last night and as most movies that run close to 3 hours they could have cut some out without hurting the story. that being said I am glad I stuck with it as it got much better in the lst hour.

I just ordered Blade Runner 2049 on 4K. We’ll rewatch it soon. The kids and I saw it in theaters and I was indifferent then.

Also ordered IT too. I haven’t been keeping up on release dates nearly as much as I used to.

I just ordered Blade Runner 2049 on 4K. We’ll rewatch it soon. The kids and I saw it in theaters and I was indifferent then.

Also ordered IT too. I haven’t been keeping up on release dates nearly as much as I used to.

I thought IT was BAD.

I really enjoyed IT. But I’m not familiar with the source material, nor am I a stickler for source material in general.

@Babs Seeing that movie with a young Reese Witherspoon reminds me of another movie when she was just starting out, Freeway. Also stars Keefer Sutherland and Brooke Shields, and it's about as twisted and f$cked up movie you will find, but Reese does a great job.

@Huey Just added this to my Amazon Prime Video watchlist...I will post about it after I view it, may not be until this weekend. :thumbsup:

@Huey Just added this to my Amazon Prime Video watchlist...I will post about it after I view it, may not be until this weekend. :thumbsup:
It's been awhile since I saw it, but from what I remember it's a pretty good dark comedy. Hope you enjoy it.

Went to see Darkest Hour today, the story of Churchill in the beginning of what would become WWII. I am not a history buff but it is hard to imagine living through this. The acting is through the roof. Now I need to go see Dunkirk.

Google it for an abundance of information.

Went to see Darkest Hour today, the story of Churchill in the beginning of what would become WWII. I am not a history buff but it is hard to imagine living through this. The acting is through the roof. Now I need to go see Dunkirk.

Google it for an abundance of information.

If you are asking for my opinion, you can skip Dunkirk. I was not impressed. I watched it and could not understand what all the fanfare was about so I started watching it again and about halfway through realized my opinion was not going to change.

I have no idea why I like what I like, or don't like other things, but that movie was not for me.

^ me either, while I can appreciate the story and place in history that inspired Dunkirk, I just didn’t enjoy it. (I thought the cinematography was amazing) And as @Towen7 can attest to, I’m a Chris Nolan fanboy. I expected to love it, esp with all the Oscar buzz. Also, I’m almost as big a fan of Hans Zimmer. I thought the score and the way it was mixed detracted from the experience.

In hindsight I was not at all impressed with the 2017 version of Dunkirk.

The 1958 original is far far superior in every way.

I watched Darkest Hour this past weekend and was hugely impressed by Gary Oldman's performance - as well as the supporting cast.

Jeff

In hindsight I was not at all impressed with the 2017 version of Dunkirk.

The 1958 original is far far superior in every way.

I watched Darkest Hour this past weekend and was hugely impressed by Gary Oldman's performance - as well as the supporting cast.

Jeff
Agree with your sentiment of Dunkirk. It wasn't bad but I expected a bit more.

Back