• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Trigger pulled - PSA 15V

My instinct would be to place it in the back right corner (if you are facing the screen) / top left in the photo. But that might not be ideal given the L-shape of the room.
I can do this but the back left for sure has an outlet. Perhaps back right does as well. Will check.

Another question, why is it that the sub wasnt playing with speakers on large? I accidentally had this setup but wondered donde esta bajo?

I have barely scratched the surface of the receiver so may be used error.

Also, is the auto on switch on the sub the best selection. Or are there issues of not powering up? Thanks

With bass management, when the fullrange speakers are set to large the subwoofer only gets the LFE channel. If the surrounds are set to small the bass below the crossover frequency for the surrounds goes to the subwoofer as well as the LFE channel. If the center is also set to small it's bass is sent to the subwoofer below the receiver's crossover frequency for the center.

So, if nothing was coming from the subwoofer, then perhaps there wasn't an LFE channel in the source content. Or maybe some other setting was just wrong - like redirecting the LFE channel to the main stereo speakers since they were set to large.

I can do this but the back left for sure has an outlet. Perhaps back right does as well. Will check.

My intuition is that the most reinforcement from the wall boundaries will come from the sub being where I recommended since the back wall and the rear / left-side wall will reinforce the output over a larger area rather than the other side of the rear.

But, I'd try both if I were in your position.

Got it. Getting 3 new toys all at once with little time to read, can lead to a ton of overlooked variables

Patients..........

Take your time.

Once you get it dialed in, you will buy his brother, Then you will realize how good it really is.......

Patients..........

Take your time.

Once you get it dialed in, you will buy his brother, Then you will realize how good it really is.......
Oh holy cow the wife would kick my rear. Besides acoustics are next priority. Then swapping out existing speakers. Then amps

Patients..........

Take your time.

Follow up. I've been throwing around the idea of another sub. Wife seems to not violently object.

lifes too short to think of what ifs. if its within the black and wont push you in the red at all, id say go for it.

Follow up. I've been throwing around the idea of another sub. Wife seems to not violently object.

That could make for amazing bass. I do strongly recommend getting an identical twin to the sub you have to prevent any performance differences from causing the subs to fight one another to make sound. That can happen when one sub's port tunes the enclosure to 20Hz and another playing the exact same signal is tuned to 30Hz. In the range between about 35Hz and 18Hz, they could be out of polarity and cancelling each other out.

That could make for amazing bass. I do strongly recommend getting an identical twin to the sub you have to prevent any performance differences from causing the subs to fight one another to make sound. That can happen when one sub's port tunes the enclosure to 20Hz and another playing the exact same signal is tuned to 30Hz. In the range between about 35Hz and 18Hz, they could be out of polarity and cancelling each other out.
It would be for sure. I like the current sub I have . So getting another appeals to me. But my order right now is

Mains
Center channel
Amp for speakers
Surrounds
Sub

So may be a while.

Looks like PSA replaced my 15V with a new model but the only thing that has changed are

1. Amp
2. 12V trigger
3. Balanced inputs

I talked with them and the performance is very close so I can use the two together without issue

Happy to hear you are still enjoying your new PSA, I haven't gotten the nerve to purchase one. But cheers to you

:wine:

I haven't gotten the nerve to purchase one.
Last time I checked, nerve wasn't needed, unless...

89ed8d3728c8cf3c8d1f2c5308155979.jpg

Just to confirm. I want to do another sub potentially in June (happy Father's day). I have the sub in upper right corner which is behind back left. I don't have room for front placement. So is upper left a good placement? Thanks

This diagram is old except the room. Speakers which are the black boxes have changed. I have a 7.1 currently

Attachments

• rps20170815_104622.jpg
    rps20170815_104622.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Just to confirm. I want to do another sub potentially in June (happy Father's day). I have the sub in upper right corner which is behind back left. I don't have room for front placement. So is upper left a good placement? Thanks

This diagram is old except the room. Speakers which are the black boxes have changed. I have a 7.1 currently

Fun stuff here: https://www.theaudioannex.com/forum/threads/psa-xv15-then-xs30-now.6877/page-7

This is when I bought my second XS-30 Sub for my Texas Home Theater.

Placement is everything.

If it were my room, I'd start with the second sub placed just to the left of the desk (to the left of the seating position). Even to the right of the desk might be good.

Back