• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Technics enters the high end.

Dentman

Any thoughts on this gear? I've not read any technical info yet. If nothing else you'll get a kick out of the horrible room set up.
The amp is gorgeous!!!

Wow, for $20k it better fuckin' be gorgeous... I thought Technics as a company went kaput?

Thiele is out of business and Technics has gone high end.

What is this world we live in?

This happened awhile ago when apparently the Japanese companies saw the insane profits to be made in low volume/extremely high cost.

This happened awhile ago when apparently the Japanese companies saw the insane profits to be made in low volume/extremely high cost.

Yes, Pioneers high end offerings (speakers) we have talked about on here are indicative of this too, I think.

Yeah, I posted some photos and commentary over their new products from when I saw them at CES a little over a year ago. They went all out with these things.

Wow. I finished my taxes tonight so I had a fair amount of JW Platinum scotch to celebrate.

I must be soused, because I could swear this says Technics was high end now. *checks again* Man, this is some GOOOD stuff.

Wow. I finished my taxes tonight so I had a fair amount of JW Platinum scotch to celebrate.

I must be soused, because I could swear this says Technics was high end now. *checks again* Man, this is some GOOOD stuff.

Well, at first he said this stuff probably cost more than your car and I thought, surely not. Then he started throwin out numbers that sounded like $60K and I choked on my tea.

This is an exercise in the art of designing audio gear. Much like over the top autos are out there, or over engineered watches, and so on, these products are targeting the Japanese market where serious audio nuts have small rooms in which they put large speakers and have room for one amp, one source, and so on. If enough people want them in the US or other nations, they have the parent company to help import the products. They are not mass marketing these products nor expecting huge sales volumes. I respect the approach and love seeing someone doing it right (rather than relying solely on pointless gimmicks which can often hurt the performance). While many expensive parts are unnecessarily costly, nearly all are related to actual measurable and potentially (theoretically) audible improvements in performance.

While I will never buy anything like the new Technics products, I do get what they are doing and think it is very respectable.

I would definitely not turn down a one of those amps received as a gift (hint, hint, guys - step up for all the great advice, education, and entertainment I've given you over the years).

This is an exercise in the art of designing audio gear. Much like over the top autos are out there, or over engineered watches, and so on, these products are targeting the Japanese market where serious audio nuts have small rooms in which they put large speakers and have room for one amp, one source, and so on. If enough people want them in the US or other nations, they have the parent company to help import the products. They are not mass marketing these products nor expecting huge sales volumes. I respect the approach and love seeing someone doing it right (rather than relying solely on pointless gimmicks which can often hurt the performance). While many expensive parts are unnecessarily costly, nearly all are related to actual measurable and potentially (theoretically) audible improvements in performance.

While I will never buy anything like the new Technics products, I do get what they are doing and think it is very respectable.

I would definitely not turn down a one of those amps received as a gift (hint, hint, guys - step up for all the great advice, education, and entertainment I've given you over the years).
I can get you a gift card to Chili's if you want.

By far, the biggest cost item in products like this is the chassis / metalwork etc. The semiconductors are chump change compared to that cost.

Wow from pawn Shop, and yard sale to ...ahhhh hell no!

May be if I win mega or powerball, still may be better to pay Flint to build and install a ht for me.

Wow from pawn Shop, and yard sale to ...ahhhh hell no!

May be if I win mega or powerball, still may be better to pay Flint to build and install a ht for me.

And it would be the best, most magnificent HT ever built!

Back