• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

2018 TCL 6 Series

AndySTL

Has anyone here seen the new TCL 6 series in person? I am about to pull the trigger on a new 55" display for my home office. This is where I have my PS4 and Xbox One. This tv is only $599 but gets pretty great reviews. There are 2 things that give me pause on this purchase.

1. It's only a 60Hz panel
2. I've read people saying that 1080p content does not look great on this set. Not sure if these comments are founded or not but it concerns me.

I plan on getting in to Best Buy some time this week to have a look. Also on the list is the Vizio M series. Any other sets that should be on my short list? I want 4k HRD 55" under $800.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6204548.p?skuId=6204548

6204548_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

I have a 55” TCL P6 series in my home office. IMHO it’s ridiculously good for a $599 set.

That said the biggest flaw is that the picture can get a little washed out if viewing from off axis.

I have a 55” TCL P6 series in my home office. IMHO it’s ridiculously good for a $599 set.

That said the biggest flaw is that the picture can get a little washed out if viewing from off axis.

What say you on the quality of 1080p content? Have you done any gaming on it?

As for the axis issue, I have an articulating wall mount so it's easy for me to stay on axis. There are only two sitting positions in the room anyhow so I just adjust it whether I am sitting at my desk or in my club chair.

What say you on the quality of 1080p content? Have you done any gaming on it?

As for the axis issue, I have an articulating wall mount so it's easy for me to stay on axis. There are only two sitting positions in the room anyhow so I just adjust it whether I am sitting at my desk or in my club chair.

IMHO the 1080p content is really good after following some basic calibration advice from the internet.
I don’t use it for gaming but I’m pretty sure it has a low latency mode specifically for gaming.

Ok thanks for the input. I'm leaning heavily toward this new model. Will see it in person this week.

Went to Best Buy tonight all set to bring this tv home and then plans changed. First of all they didn't have the 2018 unit on display, so I spent time looking at the last one. Pic quality was great as expected. However, they had an open box 65" Sony XBR65X900E. It was missing the stand and priced at $746.99. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. I have 30 days to decide if I like it. Standard warranty applies and my credit card gives me another year of coverage on TVs....so hopefully this works out well. It's bigger than I had planned so hopefully I don't regret that.

Went to Best Buy tonight all set to bring this tv home and then plans changed. First of all they didn't have the 2018 unit on display, so I spent time looking at the last one. Pic quality was great as expected. However, they had an open box 65" Sony XBR65X900E. It was missing the stand and priced at $746.99. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. I have 30 days to decide if I like it. Standard warranty applies and my credit card gives me another year of coverage on TVs....so hopefully this works out well. It's bigger than I had planned so hopefully I don't regret that.

That is a very nice set. I highly doubt you will be disappointed and it will definitely smoke the TCL. Congrats, and you suck.

I use the Sanus wall mount for my 75" Sony and it works great. Normally $130 but I got it on sale for around $60 or $70 during Christmas

Back