• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Saw Underwater tonight because I heard there were some sleeper Kaiju moments. There were... maybe a whopping three of them total all combined generously on a stopwatch if I had to guess and at the very end of the movie. Totally not worth the other 1 hour and 32 minutes of rehashed formulaic underwater Abyss, Deep Star Six, Alien rip off garbage. I should have trusted my instincts.

Last edited:
Saw Underwater tonight because I heard there were some sleeper Kaiju moments. There were... maybe a whopping three of them total all combined generously on a stopwatch if I had to guess and at the very end of the movie. Totally not worth the other 1 hour and 32 minutes of rehashed formulaic underwater Abyss, Deep Star Six, Alien rip off garbage. I should have trusted my instincts.

0ADCA843-6A9E-41F7-8C83-DA046F3C5379.jpeg

The wife and I saw 1917 at the theater yesterday. The cinematography was cool and all but the story and acting, in my opinion, are not at all Oscar worthy.
It wasn’t bad, just not as good as the hype.

F8A36440-6847-43D7-92C5-1486374E0DAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Watched this Saturday on Netflix. All enjoyed.

MV5BYzRlNmViODgtNjQwZC00ZGE3LWJmMWMtOTcwNzMwYTY5OTcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

The wife and I saw 1917 at the theater yesterday. The cinematography was cool and all but the story and acting, in my opinion, are not at all Oscar worthy.
It wasn’t bad, just not as good as the hype.

View attachment 10232

I hear you. For the record I was not really heavily invested in the characters or the particulars of their story. To me the historical depictions, steady movie telling pace and style were really the main characters or attractions. And at least for me they carried the movie. But I agree it should only win some cinematography or editing awards but not much more.

My mom, who's 85, wants to see 1917 mostly because her father fought in the war and slowly died from permanent lunch damage he incurred from the gasses he was exposed to.

seven.jpg

The original 1960 Magnificent Seven. Watched via Prime and the overall quality picture and sound was flawless especially for a 60 yo movie.

I noticed that Prime has a number of first rate movies from the 60's, 70's and 80's. If they are all of this quality kudos to Prime.

1*8GOe6mNrymHlfUDjBRqQEg.png

Before The great escape and Hogan's Heroes the bst WWII POW movie was Stag 17 made in 1953. I was introduced to the movie by my father when I was 15 and it has remained a favorite. Hadn't seen it in many years bi=ut yesterday noticed Prime had it so gave it a watch and it still is a great movie.

I highly recommend it.

1*8GOe6mNrymHlfUDjBRqQEg.png

Before The great escape and Hogan's Heroes the bst WWII POW movie was Stag 17 made in 1953. I was introduced to the movie by my father when I was 15 and it has remained a favorite. Hadn't seen it in many years bi=ut yesterday noticed Prime had it so gave it a watch and it still is a great movie.

I highly recommend it.
I remember watching that many, many years ago, and didn't realize that it was the basis for Hogan's Heroes. Great movie!

Even though they both take place in a POW camp Stalag 17 is much darker.
Watched the tv series before I ever saw the movie, and I always assumed that show was somehow related to the movie, but lighter like you stated. Reading the wiki page, and not only are they not related, the movie sued the show for stealing ideas. I'll have to watch the movie again, as I thought there was a bunch of stuff that was in both the movie and tv show that were very similar.

im trying to watch midway, but im so stupid about history it got me watching documentaries etc about it prior.

history is funny, as they say... history is written by the winners etc.

john_wick_3_poster.jpg

John Wick 3 Parabellum

Proof that John Wick is the lost Kryptonian.

If you like 1 & 2 you will like 3 , pretty much more of the same but if possible even more violent. I actually had moments of boredom, when a fight scene runs almost 10 minutes it is just repetition that could be made with a loop. That may be due to the fact that I watched 1 & 2 the day before just overkill I guess.

SPOILER

By all appearances there will be a 4
Watched this yesterday, and holy shit there's a lot of killing in this one. I was surprised to see Wo Phat as one of the baddies, but overall it was entertaining. Agree with Jeff that a few of the fight scenes dragged on, and they did leave it wide open for a number 4.

Heading out to see Parasite. So much buzz on this one I almost feel obliged to see it. I am a big fan of all of Bong Joon Ho's other films with the exception of Snowpiercer which was as my son accurately described "a complete train wreck" (pun intended).

:rofl:

Parasite was pretty zany even compared to other Bing Joon Ho films which is saying something. Hard to decide if I would categorize it as straight dark comedy or social commentary dark comedy but either way IMO a pretty amazing little film. Theater was empty wish more people would appreciate this kind of work maybe people just don't want to read subtitles. Lots of Korean class structure commentary some of it pretty scathing. I might have to watch it again to pick up on more visuals I always miss some good stuff while reading subtitles the first time around. Bottom line if you enjoyed his other films this one will not disappoint.

Came across this on Netflix last night started watching and got hooked. Far from perfect but I am a big Mads Mikkelsen fan (Valhalla Rising, Arctic, Salvation, The Hunt and of course Hannibal) so I enjoyed it. Kind of a mash up of John Wick and more of a live action Sin City. Maybe a little too much comic book stylization at times and some overdone characters/acting but the core Mikkelsen character is solid and some of the fight/shootout scenes are top notch. Gory and violent not for kids. If you liked John Wick worth checking out for sure.

Came across this on Netflix last night started watching and got hooked. Far from perfect but I am a big Mads Mikkelsen fan (Valhalla Rising, Arctic, Salvation, The Hunt and of course Hannibal) so I enjoyed it. Kind of a mash up of John Wick and more of a live action Sin City. Maybe a little too much comic book stylization at times and some overdone characters/acting but the core Mikkelsen character is solid and some of the fight/shootout scenes are top notch. Gory and violent not for kids. If you liked John Wick worth checking out for sure

I watched it done time ago pretty good think I may rewatch

Back