• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Came across this on Netflix last night started watching and got hooked. Far from perfect but I am a big Mads Mikkelsen fan (Valhalla Rising, Arctic, Salvation, The Hunt and of course Hannibal) so I enjoyed it. Kind of a mash up of John Wick and more of a live action Sin City. Maybe a little too much comic book stylization at times and some overdone characters/acting but the core Mikkelsen character is solid and some of the fight/shootout scenes are top notch. Gory and violent not for kids. If you liked John Wick worth checking out for sure.

Any movie that opens with Johnny Knoxville get shot up, has to be a good one, right? Watched it awhile back and thought it was good as well.

Watched the most recent Terminator movie on demand over the weekend. Gratuitous sequel but watchable with some pretty good action sequences. Nothing we have not seen before but if you are a fan of the series probably worth checking out for fun.

Nightingale comes out on BluRay this week pre-ordered a copy looking forward to watching again that movie hits pretty hard but I thought was excellent. Tough to watch at times (see earlier review) but a seriously well made film. The streaming version wasn't great video so looking forward to BluRay.

Scrolled back didn't see a separate post on this one. Watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Tarantino flick). Anyone see it?

Scrolled back didn't see a separate post on this one. Watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Tarantino flick). Anyone see it?

The RunPee app fucked me and I missed out on part of the ending. What I did see isn’t worth trudging through again...

wasnt sure either if it was worth it. i dont really like tarantino as much so i might take this with a grain of salt.

on the other hand, ford versus ferrari is outstanding.

we also finished

First man

Bridge of spies (again),

bot amazing films.

The RunPee app fucked me and I missed out on part of the ending. What I did see isn’t worth trudging through again...

It's funny that you say that because I was feeling like I might bag the movie a few times along the (sluggish) way but I was glad I stuck it out because I thought the (full) end scene was a pretty decent payoff. Not saying it justified or redeemed the whole movie but I was glad I saw that part. I'm a sucker for those signature moments like the theater finale scene of Inglorious Bastards, etc. So if you missed the whole payoff scene it might be worth finding it on YouTube. But otherwise I agree entirely I can't honestly say that this one will ever get another viewing or recommendation from me.

wasnt sure either if it was worth it. i dont really like tarantino as much so i might take this with a grain of salt.

on the other hand, ford versus ferrari is outstanding.

we also finished

First man

Bridge of spies (again),

bot amazing films.

Bridge of Spies was outstanding I agree. And thanks for the reminder will put First Man on my watch list.

monkey,

add

The good liar on your list too.

korean movies,

The gangster, the cop and the devil

The witch subversion (this recently is going to be released on blu-ray this march)

Parasite

monkey,

add

korean movies,

The witch subversion (this recently is going to be released on blu-ray this march)

Parasite

Parasite I saw in the theater loved it. Bought the Blu-ray as well. Will check out the rest thanks for the recommendations. I have learned to trust the source!

monkey,

add

korean movies,

Parasite

I feel like Parasite winning four Oscars for best picture and best international picture, and Bong Joon Ho for best original screenplay and best director was some kind of karmic lifelong validation of mine and Jomari's taste in film. I feel like we won something too.

I feel like Parasite winning four Oscars for best picture and best international picture, and Bong Joon Ho for best original screenplay and best director was some kind of karmic lifelong validation of mine and Jomari's taste in film. I feel like we won something too.

Spoiler tag just in case...
I really enjoyed Parasite but was expecting it to go even darker. I went in thinking the rich family would get medieval on the poorer family once they realized they were getting played. I was off the mark there but it did remind me a little of the Japanese short story "The Human Chair."

Watched Logan Lucky yesterday, and was hoping for a much better movie. I like all of the actors, and Elvis's granddaughter did a pretty good job, but it was one of those movies I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Watched Logan Lucky yesterday, and was hoping for a much better movie. I like all of the actors, and Elvis's granddaughter did a pretty good job, but it was one of those movies I couldn't wait for it to be over.
I thought it was hilarious!! Different strokes...

I thought it was hilarious!! Different strokes...
I found parts of it funny, and maybe it was just hearing the horrible over the top southern accents that was getting to me. The last two "hicks" that they recruit, are actually the sons of some pretty famous people. The taller one is the son of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quade, and the other one is the son of Brandon Gleeson, who has been in a ton of stuff, including the gorgeous movie, In Bruges. Although most will know him from his work in the Harry Potter series.

German Western is apparently a genre? Anyway I thought this was pretty solid Western epic revenge tale. Avoid the dubbed streaming version on Amazon it's unwatchable. I ended up ordering a copy on DVD just to get the original soundtrack. But I think it might also be on Netflix now. Worth a look if you are into Westerns.

ONLY THE BRAVE.

TAKE NOTE YOU WILL CRY, I KID YOU NOT, YOU WILL CRY UNLESS YOU ARE A SPINELESS SUNUVABITCH.

THEY DESERVE MEDALS. LIKE, REAL CIVVIE MEDALS.

I watched Joker on the plane on Wednesday, immediately ordered it on BluRay. We watched it last night................

Wow does this movie just suck you in, pretty damn good!

254136_large.jpg

watched 21 bridges,

with chadwick boseman, and found it pretty good.

MV5BYTg4YzEzNDQtZDAxOS00M2YyLTljZWEtNjk4YTc4NDM2NTBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

the main problem i have with this movie is...

you might end up finding out the plot line a little early on. its very reminiscent of a favorite documentary i watched ages ago, if you havent seen it, i highly suggest you put it on your watch list. - the SEVEN FIVE

MV5BMjEwMzA0NTM4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzMxMzI2NTE@._V1_.jpg

Bridge of Spies was outstanding I agree. And thanks for the reminder will put First Man on my watch list.
quick reminder for hot monkey to add first man on your list.

i have a couple of good korean movies, but will link to it later on. its coincidentally on a list made by a youtuber named eontalk, pretty new website, but somehow related.

he misses out on old schooler movies like the vengeance series, spider forest, memoirs of murder, man from nowhere, a new world, are a few on my list. but good stuff.

look for on his list...

- assasination
- the veteran (a very very good movie)
- the extreme job (?) (i didnt have time to look it up, its a good movie that came out last year)

baby crying...

Back