• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Prepping The House For Sale

Randy

Superstar
Not exactly AV related DIY but the wife and I are still planning on selling both homes and buying something new to both of us.

That being said, I have been doing a few things to start getting the house ready for the for sale sign. Painted the kitchen cabinets and they look great. Then I decided to pull the carpet out of the living room, dining room, and linoleum out of the kitchen and re floor it all.

So tonight I pulled the carpet out and pulled up all the tack strip and 95% of the staples. The existing hardwood floors are in pretty good shape but I already bought Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVF) flooring for the redo and my son in law is helping me install it dirt cheap.

None of that is the purpose of this post. I am a carpet guy. This room is crazy loud now and I absolutely hate it. That is all.

Ten years ago I had the carpets pulled out of my living room (heh, home theater) and saw some pretty nice hardwood floor, but had the wiring for my new HT run anyway and layed down new carpet. Now, it has rolls in it in several places, I'm really unhappy.
None of that contributes to this post. I absolutely hate it. That is all.

Whew, this is a big relief. When I read the thread title my first thought was 'What did Randy do to get kicked out already'. So nevermind and carry on!:oops:

I honestly had not idea that post would garner any attention at all let alone derail so quickly! :rofl:

Floors are done ans they look great.
Installing some new baseboard, most of it was good there were just a couple of spots that never had baseboard, and quarter round around the whole thing and done.

Not a great pic but the floors and cabinets (post paint job) look really good together.

I am not doing countertops or any other painting as I think that is a deepky individual thing. The next owner can choose their paint colors and countertops.

And it is still a bit of a Construction zone but.

Attachments

• 20201207_210047.jpg
    20201207_210047.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 12
looks like our hardwood. great job randy. keep us posted. best of luck selling, quite frankly based on your location i bet a californian will pick it up. a shitload of rebels are leaving the state because its not affordable anymore.

are you using the same real estate agent for the missus? does it matter, does it help?

that is all.

looks like our hardwood. great job randy. keep us posted. best of luck selling, quite frankly based on your location i bet a californian will pick it up. a shitload of rebels are leaving the state because its not affordable anymore.

are you using the same real estate agent for the missus? does it matter, does it help?

that is all.

One of her lifelong friends from grade school is helping us with our house search.

I am going to sell mine FSBO and I really honestly have no idea what she is planning or thinking for her house but I assume she will have her friend list it.

I have about 6 people that have already reached out to me about buying mine and I think it will sell no problem provided I list it fairly and don't try to take advantage (too much) of the current housing price insanity.

Nice looking floors. The good plank vinyl is what we have in our kitchen, dining area, and a downstairs bathroom. They've come a long way with designs since we had the kitchen done. If I were re-flooring a house I don't think I'd use anything else. It's economical, easy to install, and needs very little in the way of maintenance.

Houses are selling pretty quickly in my area- I would imagine it's not too different around yours. If a seller is serious and not some goofball trying to unload a trashy looking place for well above what it's actually worth, it moves FAST.

Nice looking floors. The good plank vinyl is what we have in our kitchen, dining area, and a downstairs bathroom. They've come a long way with designs since we had the kitchen done. If I were re-flooring a house I don't think I'd use anything else. It's economical, easy to install, and needs very little in the way of maintenance.

Houses are selling pretty quickly in my area- I would imagine it's not too different around yours. If a seller is serious and not some goofball trying to unload a trashy looking place for well above what it's actually worth, it moves FAST.
Yup

Yup

and

Yup! Everything over here is at least 20% overpriced in my book. Since we have residency and I have to live in town I don't pay much attention to anything else, but I know the market here in town pretty well and it is insane.

It is especially crazy when you consider about 2/3 of our town have a final (property) tax rate of 11.635% of Equalized Assessed Value or Fair Market Value as assigned by the Assessor's office.

One of her lifelong friends from grade school is helping us with our house search.

I am going to sell mine FSBO and I really honestly have no idea what she is planning or thinking for her house but I assume she will have her friend list it.

I have about 6 people that have already reached out to me about buying mine and I think it will sell no problem provided I list it fairly and don't try to take advantage (too much) of the current housing price insanity.
Randy here is wishing you a sale as fast as mine. Accepted offer came the day it was listed

Haven't done much prepping for sale lately because we have had no luck finding anything to buy.

Looked at a house yesterday we both really liked and dare I say loved. A little over my preferred budget but still u der what we are pre qualified for.

Last night when we went to bed the plan was to text our agent first thing this morning and make an offer.

This morning the wife woke up said she was really anxious about it. Had the text all typed out and couldn't hit send.

The search continues I suppose.

sometimes it boils down to gut feeling. in such fashion, always let the wife make the final decision.

so that the next time sh*t hits the fan you can always bring this up.

kididng aside, best of luck finding a new place.

Well, it sounds like we are getting some new digs.

Broker sent an email earlier to break out the bubbly we are under contract.

Found a place that we both really loved and went for it. We were planning to make an offer and before we could it was under contract with a contingency. Something happened and the buyers walked. We were looking at another house and our realtor said she just received an email it had been re-listed. We talked it over and sent them an offer, they countered and we accepted.

It's a 4 BR 3 bath with a full basement (1500 sq ft finished) with a 10' pour. The ceilings are like 9'6" in most of the basement. It already has a projector and screen mounted but it is in a crappy spot and the bride said I can do whatever I want to change it.

Well, it sounds like we are getting some new digs.

Broker sent an email earlier to break out the bubbly we are under contract.

Found a place that we both really loved and went for it. We were planning to make an offer and before we could it was under contract with a contingency. Something happened and the buyers walked. We were looking at another house and our realtor said she just received an email it had been re-listed. We talked it over and sent them an offer, they countered and we accepted.

It's a 4 BR 3 bath with a full basement (1500 sq ft finished) with a 10' pour. The ceilings are like 9'6" in most of the basement. It already has a projector and screen mounted but it is in a crappy spot and the bride said I can do whatever I want to change it.
Nice!
1500 sq ft basement? Sounds like a huge house.
I wait with bated breath for the HT setup pics...

Nice!
1500 sq ft basement? Sounds like a huge house.
I wait with bated breath for the HT setup pics...
Thank you!

It's really close to what we were going to build. 1965 sq ft up and 1500 finished down with a walkout basement.

We are pretty excited all while crapping down both legs at the same time.

Back