• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Godzilla

I have a question. Rented it through Amazon Prime. Watched it on the small 4k Sony. Can I watch it again downstairs on the big screen within the 48hr rental period, or would I have to pay again??

I have a question. Rented it through Amazon Prime. Watched it on the small 4k Sony. Can I watch it again downstairs on the big screen within the 48hr rental period, or would I have to pay again??

You should be able to watch it as many times as you’d like within the rental period.

167715253_4003097713063188_3681361953263443712_n.jpg

That was enjoyable.
I think I said this in the first one...I just enjoyed this sooo much for what it was.
A big monster fight popcorn flick. Hong Kong just got DESTROYED.
The pseudo-science mumbo jumbo is great fun just for the movie.
Sometimes, I do tire of the "it's supposed to be real" idea of movies because if everything was "real" it would be depressing or boring or both.
Keep the Godzilla and Kong movies coming!

Finally watched this last nite. Enjoyed it tremendously! This seems to be a formula that could be repeated in subsequent sequels. My only complaint is it seems that Kong needs an awful lot of human intervention to survive whereas Godzilla seems completely bad ass on his own.

No repeating anything in subsequent sequels!!! :D That’s the reason most sequels suck!!! I’m lukewarm on Godzilla vs Kong, I enjoyed it much more than the first two and Kong: Skull Island. I just don’t see myself replaying it often. That’s when I know a movie has me, after I leave I look forward to seeing it again as soon as possible. Tonally, I like what they tried to do with the first one (2014) better, there just wasn’t enough of Godzilla.

I saw that this morning when I was on the Weather Channel. Creepy AF. I can freely admit giant lizards terrify me.
any lizards terrify me. My second wife and her kids had an iquana and they occasionally woudlet it out of its cage and let roam free. I alsays left the house when that happened

Fathom Events release was a ton of fun last night they even showed a short film and then little documentary before the main feature. Great crowd too felt right at home among a theater full of fellow Godzilla geeks. Only minor gripe would be that the frame rate was botched or something the motion was very choppy and jumpy. Didn't take away from the experience it's a Godzilla movie after all with big rubber suits, miniatures and cheesy effects. Just made note of because this would be the second time seeing technical issues with a Fathom Events release the previous one was The Thing where they botched the aspect ratio.

This was the short film we loved it...

Last edited:
G-Fan alert... Pluto TV free streaming app now has a 24/7 Godzilla channel featuring tons of classic and new titles. Binge watched a bunch in a row today.

Basically had this Pluto channel on all day over the last few days while hiding in the AC in between nasty high humidity, Canadian wildfire smog and heavy downpours.

Watchlist...

Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2
Godzilla vs. Destroyah

You can never have too much Godzilla.

Oh boy now I will need to get Apple TV+...

GMTA
I had to signup for a free trial to watch the Astros on Friday Night baseball. I saw the title card for Monarch and immediately thought of you. I’d planned to post here about it but … didn’t for some reason.

Back