• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Classic Tunes, Classic videos

^^^ Damn Mike, thank you! I haven't heard or even thought about that tune in literally decades!

^^^ I Love Sweet!!
Damn near out-sing Queen, save the lead singer. :opera::thumbsup:

Saw a video of a Siberian Husky, wrapped in a life vest, thrown into a pool to "learn" how to swim; dang mutt just curled up, with his face above water, and made me think of this tune:

Never realized this song was a predecessor of Kristofferson's "Gentle on my Mind"!

Little Feat were great live. Seen them twice and they killed it both times.

Randy, did you get to see them when Lowell was still with them/us?

15 years old and raging hormones...WAAAAYYY better song than "My Sharona" IMHO. Lyrics altered for video.

Born on March 24 just like me...so how can you NOT like him!!!

I cannot believe that I have no Nick Lowe in my collection. I thought for sure that I at least had the Cruel To Be Kind 45 single. Something I need to correct. Thanks for the reminder Mike.

I cannot believe that I have no Nick Lowe in my collection. I thought for sure that I at least had the Cruel To Be Kind 45 single. Something I need to correct. Thanks for the reminder Mike.
I've now acquired Nick Lowe's discography, and in the process "discovered" the band Rockpile, which in turn led me to acquire the Dave Edmunds discography.

Thanks again Mike!

Jeff

Rockpile only did the one album, Seconds of Pleasure, correct?

I've now acquired Nick Lowe's discography, and in the process "discovered" the band Rockpile, which in turn led me to acquire the Dave Edmunds discography.

Thanks again Mike!

Jeff

I had no idea that Canada missed out on the third wave of pop-rock bands. Did you miss out on the Beatles and Kinks in the second wave? What about the first wave with Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison? And the fourth wave with Elvis Costello and The Pretenders?

Back