• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster's basement

CMonster

It began a while ago; no clue when it will be done:

Basement001.jpg

Here's some of the stuff that will be going in the basement, not necessarily in the HT area:

Basementgear001.jpg

AndySTL said:
Awesome, this will be a fun thread. Is that a polished concrete floor?

Stained concrete with a couple different sealers - apparently the same stuff used in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, but a less-glossy finish. I'm lovin' the way it looks thus far.

There's a roll of QuietGround 375 Rubber Underlayment shown in that first picture. I need to move 4 more rolls of it down from the garage, uh like now, and get it ready for carpet tomorrow morning.

Walls and ceiling in the HT area have two layers of drywall with green glue though I'm not sure how necessary that was given that the room is open in the back and there's no door to the stairs...

Just guessing because i see a TV and a PJ but it looks like you've got the space and the plan to have a place to ather an watch TV and not just a movie space. That's probably what I lIke most about Batman's place.

I wouldn't have the self-discipline to buy the gear before getting the room finished; I'd set everything up "just for a bit" and there it'd still be, three years later! Gonna be a cool room!

Botch said:
I wouldn't have the self-discipline to buy the gear before getting the room finished; I'd set everything up "just for a bit" and there it'd still be, three years later! Gonna be a cool room!

My wife was having some doubts about the theater room so I set up the projector in our abandoned master bedroom (we're also having the master bath remodeled - we've been sleeping in a guest bedroom since July :( ). What was supposed to be a quick show-and-tell turned into over an hour of watching Batman Begins on really uncomfortable chairs. A couple of days later, at her insistence, we brought up a couple of nicer chairs and watched an entire movie. (I also broke out the old Dyn Focus speakers and Anthem amp for that).

Towen7 said:
Just guessing because i see a TV and a PJ but it looks like you've got the space and the plan to have a place to ather an watch TV and not just a movie space. That's probably what I lIke most about Batman's place.

Yeah, there's a rec area that will feature a kick-ass pool table and 60" wall-mounted plasma. I tracked down an alternative to the Wii sensor bar as that's going to be the gaming area and we'll also be able to sit at the bar and watch tv.

Yeah it's a double-edged sword. I found that having my equipment on hand helped figure some things out easier. At the same time I could've wasted hours queuing up movies to "test" different scenes...over at S&V I posted a pic where B and I mocked up a mount for my jvc to check out the panamorph lens using Batman Begins. 2+ hrs later I folded up the card table chairs and went back to work :happy-smileygiantred:

Got a kick in the nuts from the contractor last night - he doesn't think the basement will be finished before Thanksgiving.

:angry-tappingfoot:

CMonster said:
Got a kick in the nuts from the contractor last night - he doesn't think the basement will be finished before Thanksgiving.

:angry-tappingfoot:

Bummer man, but I sure it'll be worth the wait to get it right. These pics are awesome! Looking forward to seeing all the progress.

A little speaker delivery by way of Batman has been sitting unopened for almost a week. Make that 'had been:'

Front array of Confidence C1 IIs:

Confidence001.jpg

Confidence002.jpg

And a little time with the Contour S R surrounds:

Confidence003.jpg

Back