• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster's basement

In the short time I've spent with the C1s, it's just amazing how the speakers disappear - there seems to be no correlation between the music filling the air and the magical black boxes.

The HT was painted a couple of weeks ago and the wife is currently finishing up the first coat in the rest of the basement. Cabinets have started going in so things are definitely coming together.

You have exquisite taste in speakers...

...for a guy who sucks as much as you do. :teasing-neener:

CMonster said:
A little speaker delivery by way of Batman has been sitting unopened for almost a week. Make that 'had been:'

Front array of Confidence C1 IIs:

Confidence001.jpg

My actual reaction to this was, "YOU DICK!!" Jan asked what was going on & I explained that someone just posted a pic of my dream speakers. She said, "Who, Chuck?" So, my balls have been kicked.

Nice purchase...because now you REALLY SUCK!!

John

Getting closer...

This is the rec area and will feature a kick-ass (hopefully) pool table that's being delivered on Thursday:

Basement001-2.jpg

Basement002-2.jpg

Bar area:

Basement003-2.jpg

Basement004-1.jpg

Still waiting on the first row of seating and the Anthem AVM50v to be returned with 3D upgrade. The Integra 20.4 for the rec area appears to have issues so that will be returned when I pick up the Anthem. I'm also going to get a Paradigm dipole speaker to go on the back half-wall since that back row of seats is behind the surround speakers - I figure that'll help fill out the sound back there. Acoustic treatments still need to be figured out along with subwoofer placement.

We did watch Captain America in 3D the other night and it was pretty sweet. I was worried that 3D might not work from the back row since it's behind the projector but all was fine.

Zing said:
CMonster said:
Acoustic treatments still need to be figured out along with subwoofer placement.
Do you own True RTA?

Yup. I'll probably break it out this week. The cabinets were just finished today and they were using the HT for storage, so I haven't had a chance to use True RTA yet. I guess I could be doing that now, huh?

CMonster said:
The Integra 20.4 for the rec area appears to have issues so that will be returned when I pick up the Anthem.
I'm guessing Page 72 was no help after all.

Zing said:
CMonster said:
The Integra 20.4 for the rec area appears to have issues so that will be returned when I pick up the Anthem.
I'm guessing Page 72 was no help after all.

Nope. I even tried beating the POS with that page to no avail. Hopefully it won't be a big deal to swap the unit out for another one.

Thank you all for the compliments. I've been / still am a wreck fretting over every little decision. "Should I switch out the almond faceplates and outlets for black in the HT area? Do I need to find something to hide the hack-job I did to make the rack fit in the opening?" and other stupid shit like that. When you see it day-after-day, week-after-week, and it keeps dragging on and on, every little flaw gets magnified (in my insane mind anyway). In a month or so everything should be done (we're remodeling the master bathroom as well) and I'll feel comfortable inviting people over. I know srvy isn't too far away and the St. Louis guys could make a quick little road trip so we might try to start with something like that. Really now through the end of January is the best time for us to host a bigger affair since the wife isn't totally swamped with work so we're probably a year out from attempting an all-out GTG...

Back