• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster's basement

^--- yeah, looks like the surrounds are actually forward of the seats...?

Gorgeous room though, for sure! And wow, your bar is nicer than my kitchen, by a long shot.

PaulyT said:
^--- yeah, looks like the surrounds are actually forward of the seats...?

Gorgeous room though, for sure! And wow, your bar is nicer than my kitchen, by a long shot.

The surrounds are in front of the back row of seats. It was difficult to decide where to place them because of the soffit, riser, and support poles, so we optimized their location for the front row of seating.

Gotcha. So there will be a front row (sorry, I missed that), that makes sense.

Acoustic treatments for the front, l/r walls?

PaulyT said:
Acoustic treatments for the front, l/r walls?

Not yet but they're in the budget. I want to figure out what the room needs for bass trapping and also what the rest of the basement needs to somewhat tame sound bouncing off the concrete floors.

Chuck, everything looks amazing and things are really coming along nicely!! I'm so in love with your flooring choice. I think all of your decisions have been very tastefully made!! Can't wait to see the finished product! How's the overall process been, are you getting enjoyment out of this build? Hopefully it has been overwhelmingly more fun than headaches. Please keep thoughts of a GTG on your radar! :text-bravo:

What the fuck dude...did you win the lottery?

Actually...very nice and I'm jealous as hell.

One thing though....I'm a sucker for uniformity up front..visually, anyway, so I think you need a second PSA sub for proper balance.

:happy-smileygiantred:

Batman said:
Chuck, everything looks amazing and things are really coming along nicely!! I'm so in love with your flooring choice. I think all of your decisions have been very tastefully made!! Can't wait to see the finished product! How's the overall process been, are you getting enjoyment out of this build? Hopefully it has been overwhelmingly more fun than headaches. Please keep thoughts of a GTG on your radar! :text-bravo:

I didn't enjoy building the house 7 years ago and for the most part I haven't enjoyed these renovations. I get too caught up in wanting everything to be perfect and end up stressing myself out. Construction has also taken much longer than expected so that hasn't helped (we picked out plumbing fixtures in early July).

The day I hooked up the C1s was a real turning point, I think, because that made it seem more real - that the HT area, if nothing else, was going to have awesome speakers. The green glue, double drywall, floor underlayment, were (and still are) kind of a mystery as to whether they help or not.

But the biggest joy I've gotten so far was seeing my wife go from being leery about the HT area to absolutely loving it. I think a big part of that was a compromise to go with a more open area as opposed to a dedicated, totally enclosed room. I think this will work out better for us and pull us downstairs more often (of course the wine fridge doesn't hurt in that regard either).

jamhead said:
One thing though....I'm a sucker for uniformity up front..visually, anyway, so I think you need a second PSA sub for proper balance.

:happy-smileygiantred:

A second PSA is definitely a possibility but I want to see how a single one does first. I still need to figure out the optimal location for it; what's pictured might not be its final resting place.

Chuck tha is seriously awesome. Looks like you are doing a great job. Relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor, it will all be fine.

And, I am riding with Andy to your GTG and i am off every weekend. :banana-rock:

CMonster said:
Thank you all for the compliments. I've been / still am a wreck fretting over every little decision. "Should I switch out the almond faceplates and outlets for black in the HT area? Do I need to find something to hide the hack-job I did to make the rack fit in the opening?" and other stupid shit like that. When you see it day-after-day, week-after-week, and it keeps dragging on and on, every little flaw gets magnified (in my insane mind anyway). In a month or so everything should be done (we're remodeling the master bathroom as well) and I'll feel comfortable inviting people over. I know srvy isn't too far away and the St. Louis guys could make a quick little road trip so we might try to start with something like that. Really now through the end of January is the best time for us to host a bigger affair since the wife isn't totally swamped with work so we're probably a year out from attempting an all-out GTG...

The destination is the journey, relax and enjoy the destination.

Looks terrific CM. Done any sound checks?

Rope

Looks like I'll be adding YOUR name to the list of people that suck!

I'm insanely jealous.

Pool table!

PoolTable001.jpg

PoolTable002.jpg

PoolTable003.jpg

This is just getting absurd! Seriously man, bravo! Cool table, has a bit of an Art Deco look to it.

And I see wine bottles in the rack. Looks like opening day should be soon!

Wow. I've always wanted a pool table, but that one... wow.

And as a reminder, this is what's outside the basement:

Backyard_005.jpg

Backyard_006.jpg

Backyard_009.jpg

Hopefully it'll be seeing a lot more use now...

Back