• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

From Twin 12's to Quad 15's

Quick decay makes low frequency audio sound really punchy and tight. It's a good thing.

Rope

PaulyT said:
And yeah I remember my "holy shit" reaction on hearing that note, was pretty impressive with your rig at the time, can't imagine what it feels like now.
Like being kicked in the chest by a rhinoceros!

When talking to Tom V about deciding which sub to buy for my small room. He said that the big difference between the XV15 and the XS30 was that the XS30 will provide a "Violent Kick To The Chest in the Upper Bass Frequencies"....... :scared-yipes:

My XV15 provides a much tighter puncher bass than my previous sub.

I still wonder about what the XS30 would be like in my room..... :eusa-whistle:

heeman said:
When talking to Tom V about deciding which sub to buy for my small room. He said that the big difference between the XV15 and the XS30 was that the XS30 will provide a "Violent Kick To The Chest in the Upper Bass Frequencies".
On their website's description of the XS30, they mention "midbass slam". That in and of itself didn't appeal to me. I was more enamored with its 9-14Hz extension claim (as opposed to its vented brother's 16-18Hz extension).

Zing said:
PaulyT said:
And yeah I remember my "holy shit" reaction on hearing that note, was pretty impressive with your rig at the time, can't imagine what it feels like now.
Like being kicked in the chest by a rhinoceros!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz5xXcb2V8w[/youtube]

Rope

^ Since that's not a rhinoceros, that's what it's like with only one XS30.

Sorry! I failed to find a rhino kicking someone in the chest. I settled for a DH standing behind a horse and applying a hot branding iron to the horses rear quarter. Like DUH!

Rope

I dunno, rhino isn't known for the kicks. They poke with their horn. So, what I think Zing meant by rhino kick was... :think:

Zing said:
I'm quite happy with the results but, on exceptionally bass heavy material, I think it can be a bit much.

On a perfectly-tuned system, this is exactly what you should get/expect. ;)

Last night I played this Quincy tune (Pauly, you heard it, correct me if I'm wrong) that has some ridiculously low bass hits that have to be in the teens.

Something off The Dude? That CD rattles my front door at medium volume, no other music I own does that.

DIYer said:
I dunno, rhino isn't known for the kicks. They poke with their horn.
:doh:

OK Lieutenant Literal, that's enough out of you. Don't you have a picture of cracked plaster to post somewhere?

Botch said:
Zing said:
I'm quite happy with the results but, on exceptionally bass heavy material, I think it can be a bit much.

On a perfectly-tuned system, this is exactly what you should get/expect. ;)
Ah.
Well then, kudos to me. :happy-smileygiantred:

Botch said:
Last night I played this Quincy tune (Pauly, you heard it, correct me if I'm wrong) that has some ridiculously low bass hits that have to be in the teens.

Something off The Dude? That CD rattles my front door at medium volume, no other music I own does that.
No. It was 'Get The Funk Out of My Face' off the Soul Bossa Nostra album. You're welcome. ;)

Zing said:
No. It was 'Get The Funk Out of My Face' off the Soul Bossa Nostra album. You're welcome. ;)

Hmm, don't remember a lot of sub-bass on that, will dig it out when Big Bang Theory is done.

"Lieutenant Literal" needs to be DIYer's permanent tag! :laughing-rolling:

Big congrats you mentioned on page two you were thinking of using AUDYSSEY did you ever do that. When Chris sent me his AV7001 preamp that was the first thing I did and feel it makes a world of difference. I'm also a huge hige fan of using Gramma pads under subs in my room it made a dramatic difference and tightened up the bass even more. Something you may want to consider.

I also like your idea of using the subs as speaker stands. Get some mopads under the speakers and viola your done.

Still seriously considering your offer on your SVS.....you take credit cards as payment. :happy-smileygiantred:

Zing said:
:doh:

OK Lieutenant Literal, that's enough out of you. Don't you have a picture of cracked plaster to post somewhere?
No, but something better. I'm fulfilling Rope's wish.

Attachments

• Rhino kick sub.jpg
    Rhino kick sub.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,320
Agree that pic is awesome. Looks just like Zing...... But whose he kicking. :laughing-lettersrofl:

I'd rather be kicked:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCQ4nvn3Is[/youtube]

Back