• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

From Twin 12's to Quad 15's

It's a game of trade-offs when attempting to create "sweet spot" like uniformity. In other words, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, unless of course, the listening area is perfect.

Rope

Orbison said:
...turn them 90 degrees so one driver faces the sidewall a few inches away, and the other driver faces the center of the room.
You know, this is one configuration I hadn't considered. For whatever reason, I've always thought the drivers should fire front-to-back in the room. I think I'll experiment with this side-to-side thing.

Orb, I believe I owe you a beer.

The subs are in essentially the same location but I rotated them per your suggestion. I then readjusted phase and re-calibrated. The center position is unchanged, the left seat got a slight-but-noticeable improvement and the right side is unchanged.

Zing said:
Orb, I believe I owe you a beer.

The subs are in essentially the same location but I rotated them per your suggestion.

With the drivers firing into one another or into the walls?

How's that working with your sense of decor?

Towen7 said:
With the drivers firing into one another or into the walls?
Both. The XS30 has opposing drivers. So one driver fires at the wall and the other fires at the adjacent sub (which does the same thing).

Towen7 said:
How's that working with your sense of decor?
Not very well. I really liked how it looked set up the other way.

Hell ain't nothing more subs can't fix! I admit I like my bass strong, and I want to feel it in my rattle every bone in my body. Then just add more power to the other speaker so it all equals out.

Deerhunter said:
Hell ain't nothing more subs can't fix! I admit I like my bass strong, and I want to feel it in my rattle every bone in my body. Then just add more power to the other speaker so it all equals out.
:text-lol:
A man after my own heart...if they complain it's too loud, turn it up so you can't hear um bitch. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Deer hunter you haven't been by since I added more subs to my main system. May have to have you up for another mini gtg.

Zing have you ever considered bass shakers to your chairs for that tactile effect your looking for. Many people swear by them and there not too costly.

MatthewB said:
Zing have you ever considered bass shakers to your chairs for that tactile effect your looking for. Many people swear by them and there not too costly.
and finally prove the existence of the Brown Note. :laughing:

MatthewB said:
Deer hunter you haven't been by since I added more subs to my main system. May have to have you up for another mini gtg.

That sounds like a good time.
Once I ever get my own place I will have to do the same.

Botch said:
Zing said:
No. It was 'Get The Funk Out of My Face' off the Soul Bossa Nostra album. You're welcome. ;)

Hmm, don't remember a lot of sub-bass on that, will dig it out when Big Bang Theory is done.
I'm guessing you haven't discovered the subsonic goodness of this track yet.

Zing said:
Botch said:
Zing said:
No. It was 'Get The Funk Out of My Face' off the Soul Bossa Nostra album. You're welcome. ;)

Hmm, don't remember a lot of sub-bass on that, will dig it out when Big Bang Theory is done.
I'm guessing you haven't discovered the subsonic goodness of this track yet.
:oops:

:doh:

I'm thinking I should've bought larger subs...

...because it seems my newest interest could use a little more real estate.

Hulk3.jpg

Hulk2.jpg

Back