• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

So......I need to rewatch, been having trouble sleeping past 4 in the morning and usually crash about 10, but was able to stay up for the show, although a few parts I was nodding off in.

I kept reading all week that they thought the Night King had set a trap for Jon, and with the ease the dragon took down the wall, I would say they were right. Littlefinger finally got what he deserved.

A couple of times this season, I almost felt like Cersai was being made to somewhat look like the Night King. Even when they all meet last night, she was wearing black, had short hair and a small crown, maybe she and the Night King are the fire and ice of the show?

Ice and Fire refers to the Night King and Daenerys Targaryan.

So, there was some speculation on jons sword blinking in last weeks episode as he climbed out of the lake, and I think I just saw the same thing in the season finale. Very early in the episode, the scene that starts out with Tyrion walking on the ship towards Jon Snow, and right after Jon says how many people live here, the eyes on his sword go from black to white. Not sure what it means, but I don't think it's a reflection.

This was shared on Tyrion Lannister facebook page. Most have us have probably seen the picture for the upcoming season, but I don't know if it's real or not. If it has been there the whole time, that's a pretty good Easter Egg in the poster.
GOT2.jpg

I haVE started rewatching the series (starting with season 5) to prepare for the final season.

That is one of the best things about HBONOW. You have access to all seasons of any HBO series

Just got done leafing through ~78 pages of content about the series and the new season 8 in Entertainment Weekly. Lots of interesting tidbits.

We watched 2 episodes last night on Blu-ray and I really enjoyed the Atmos soundtrack. I realize I don't have the full Atmos array but my rear backs were involved along with the side surrounds. The rain and thunder was very nice.

Meh! Thought it was kind of underwhelming for the first episode after such a long wait.

^^ A couple key things happened such as telling Jon the truth about his lineage....but I was also underwhelmed, mostly by the running time after all the hoopla about S8 episodes being well over an hour.

Last edited:
^^ A couple key things happened such as telling Jon the truth about his lineage....but I was also underwhelmed, mostly by the running time after all the hoopla about S8 episodes being well over an hour.
I didn't start streaming it right away and was about 15 minutes behind when my daughter texted me at 9:55 and asked me what I thought. I asked if it was over as it was supposed to be an hour and 5 minutes long, but it does look like they embellished the running time a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually as much as I love the show (and it’s probably a top 3 show of all time for me) the more I think about it, the more I’m disappointed in last nights premiere. If it were a normal 10 episode season I’d be more okay with it. But this seems like a wasted episode when there are only now 7 remaining.

Agreed Chris! Wife and I were late to the game and only started watching a couple of years ago when I got the first 6 seasons on bluray, but it has quickly become one of our favorite shows. She didn't get to see it as she had to get up early today, but I told her it was pretty disappointing, especially as you point out there is only 7 episodes left.

Agreed Chris! Wife and I were late to the game and only started watching a couple of years ago when I got the first 6 seasons on bluray, but it has quickly become one of our favorite shows. She didn't get to see it as she had to get up early today, but I told her it was pretty disappointing, especially as you point out there is only 7 episodes left.
Uh there's only 6 episodes in total for season 8. The run times are as follows

Episode 1 - 54 minutes
Episode 2 - 58 minutes
Episode 3 - 82 minutes
Episode 4 - 78 minutes
Episode 5 - 80 minutes
Episode 6 - 80 minutes

Total - 432 minutes or 7 hours 12 minutes

Uh there's only 6 episodes in total for season 8. The run times are as follows

Episode 1 - 54 minutes
Episode 2 - 58 minutes
Episode 3 - 82 minutes
Episode 4 - 78 minutes
Episode 5 - 80 minutes
Episode 6 - 80 minutes

Total - 432 minutes or 7 hours 12 minutes
I was just going by what Batman said above, but that sucks even more that there are only 5 left and they pretty much wasted last nights episode.

Back