• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Going back to Klipsch........

I think it would be easier to send it back to the seller. Whoever sold that in that condition without FULL DISCLOSURE, needs an ass whippin.

Well, my last set came in. Aother set of 2.5s. There is a water stain on the side of one of them (which I already new before purchasing), but besides that these look great too. This should complete my 7.1 set. Now I have five 2.5s and a pair of 1.5 for a 7.1 setup that cost me less than $645. That price includes the shipping costs, so 'technically', it would be lower.

The only downside is this "newest" pair definitely came from a smoker. The grills reak. Any ideas on getting rid of the smell short of replacing the fabric?

jamhead said:
I missed this thread. Congrats Yesfan! I agree with Batman....keep posting pics. Looks like you got a killer deal on those. I am sure your theater's gonna sound great.....now go splurge and get that HSU sub.

I still own Klipsch Reference speakers....use them in my family room.

I've thought about a set of the RB-51 II for upstairs. Not so much that I like Klipsch, but figured horns would be more durable than a soft dome tweeter (from a 2 year old's little hands).

My next sub will be an IB project.

Can you get some fabric de-scenter (febreeze or something), spray it on and just lay them out in the sun outside for a couple of days?

I tried that with an old pair of Yamahas. they were from my dad and he was a heavy smoker. I never could get the stench out of those.

I have thought about replacing the fabric. Would that make a world of difference? Seems that's where the scent is strongest.

Congrats man!! It sounds like you got a great deal and are loving it. Can't beat that!!

John

Yesfan70 said:

I'm going to do this as well. My sub takes up too much space in my small room. My house is on a crawlspace that is about 4' high. Perfect for what I want to do.

Have you made any plans yet?

V

AndySTL said:
Wade, I saw this and thought of you. I'm tempted with these too. My sister lives in Roswell, so I thought about sending my brother-in-law over to pick them up. Take a look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Ref..._Subwoofers&hash=item20be2ad316#ht_500wt_1413

Definitely worth looking into. Those are the "little brothers" to the RF-7s. The only thing I don't like about them is the upper smudge and mark on the right speaker in the bottom pic, but no biggie if the drivers are in great shape (what matters). The only downside is the feet. I think the feet on those series of Reference towers were pretty fragile, but again that could be an easy solution.

They might be worth $400, but I would offer him $300 and mentioned the sis in law picking them up and see if he takes them.

Voodoo said:
Yesfan70 said:

I'm going to do this as well. My sub takes up too much space in my small room. My house is on a crawlspace that is about 4' high. Perfect for what I want to do.

Have you made any plans yet?

V

Not yet. Pretty much just closing that area up and making a top to bottom baffle housing four 15" woofers with a custom made grill to hide the drivers. I'm sure there's more (a lot more) to it than that, so still just doing more research.

I had never been a big fan of Klipsch, I always thought they were way bright
BUT, about 1.5 years ago I did get a pair of RB 61 and the RC 52 for my simple little 3 channel and I love it! Those little guy are clean and clear. Paired with a 10" jbl sub 2 channel listening is very nice, for me anyways.

Yesfan70 said:
One track, Peter King's "Ajo", I can hear a washboard type instrument being played in the right foreground (it's really a small round wooden percussion instrument with ridges that a small stick is dragged across. Name escapes me.).

I Think the instrument is a Wood Guiro

Attachments

• Wood Guiro.jpg
    Wood Guiro.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 684
heeman said:
Hey Yesfan.........

Any new comments on your Klipsch System???

Sadly none to date. I have everything setup. I decided to go with the smaller 1.5s for the surrounds. The way the roof line is in my basement, a pair of 2.5s are too large and I would have to lower the wall mounts. So for the time being, I have three 2.5s for the fronts and four 1.5s for the surrounds. That's good enough for me, so the extra pair of 2.5s will be just for parts should I ever need them.

This year has not been a good one. It started out with me getting my speakers "upgraded", building a bar in the basement, and my brother returning my Jazz bass to me. That's the good, but the bad was when my brother got really sick and I had to go visit him. My mother has not been well either, so I've had to take time off for her. Because of that, everything has come to a screeching halt. The bar is not usable (yet), but I can still go downstairs and fire up the HT when I want and I have been plucking away at my J bass too the past couple of weeks.

Priorities. You all know how that goes. Gots to take care of my families first. ;)

Thanks for the update and hope that the rest of the year goes better for you!

Our hobbies definitely take the back seat in life........

your spot on with priorities man.

best wishes to you and your family. be strong brother.

Thanks for understanding fellas.

I have been taking "progress pics" of my bar as I have been going. I'll try to post some pics. I've held off until I was closer to finishing, but I may just go ahead and start a thread in the DIY section.

Yeah, don't feel bad at all, I can't even count the number of unfinished "projects" I've got going... You've got your head in the right place, it seems, so keep at it. But yeah, pics of a project in progress are always good!

Back