• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony One

Doghart

Anyone using one?

Thoughts?

Currently have 2 Harmony 688H's I use for the Basement HT and Living Room, like the easy setup and the ability to customize the buttons. Would a "One" be a substantial upgrade, or just a step up?

Here's the 688:

a08kHR11825TRhQTHJyYt4Xpp6NnnWNePC0bykyB97KzpJUjmuyRcRkPgW2Xej_TUxKGhZPHE_JjZsAP-WEvUWF2eDFS1qkJS8cBKodWp06kT89s-5h1aesE9vHcdf0djpBumRsfgL_SHkyNDSR1SAbAtbiXlznRnMqPUuwmtZedWLcxGm4LM4EkmbEB0axabs4j

I was finding them for $75, but looks like the prices are rising ( $170-$190) since they are harder to find.

D

Doghart said:
Anyone using one?

Thoughts?

Currently have 2 Harmony 688H's I use for the Basement HT and Living Room, like the easy setup and the ability to customize the buttons. Would a "One" be a substantial upgrade, or just a step up?

Here's the 688:

a08kHR11825TRhQTHJyYt4Xpp6NnnWNePC0bykyB97KzpJUjmuyRcRkPgW2Xej_TUxKGhZPHE_JjZsAP-WEvUWF2eDFS1qkJS8cBKodWp06kT89s-5h1aesE9vHcdf0djpBumRsfgL_SHkyNDSR1SAbAtbiXlznRnMqPUuwmtZedWLcxGm4LM4EkmbEB0axabs4j

I was finding them for $75, but looks like the prices are rising ( $170-$190) since they are harder to find.

D

If you'll sit tight for a month or so, you'll find the Harmony One new for around $150.00.

Rope

Doghart said:
Good to know.

Thanks.

Is this because of the 900 coming out?

D

No, the 900 has been on the market for a year or more. Every time there's a "gift giving" holiday, online retailers start playing the cut throat game. Watch Amazon, CompUSA, Buy.com, Crutchfield, and Best Try. I guarantee you'll find it for $150.00 or less. Bats posted an add a time ago for $147.00 shipped.

Rope

I'm on my second one, as the dog ate the first one. I would highly recommend it. Now if Logitech would make a remote and squeezebox controller all in one, that would be the bees knees!
Rob

I actually picked up the One from Amazon several months ago for $149. As has been stated just keep looking at sites the price will drop.

Oh and I had been a big URC fanatic until I got the One. It is great.

Picked up the Harmony today.

I had a combination of about $250 in Best Buy reward coupons and gift cards and the One was $199. It was about 30 bucks cheaper at Amazon, but quite a few of my rewards coupons were about to expire.

Anyhow, I just spent about 20 minutes getting it programmed and I already love it!

I read the other setup thread for the 900 and adjusted the delay and remote signal send timers and it is working flawlessly!

At this rate, my I'll have all my Xmas gifts before November.... :D

D

Doghart said:
Picked up the Harmony today.

I had a combination of about $250 in Best Buy reward coupons and gift cards and the One was $199. It was about 30 bucks cheaper at Amazon, but quite a few of my rewards coupons were about to expire.

Anyhow, I just spent about 20 minutes getting it programmed and I already love it!

I read the other setup thread for the 900 and adjusted the delay and remote signal send timers and it is working flawlessly!

At this rate, my I'll have all my Xmas gifts before November.... :D

D

Congrats!

You've scratched the surface with setup options and tweaking. You'll be discovering new things as time passes.

Rope

The program interface is 100% the same as my 688, so all the tweaking I have done to it over the last few years was easy to implement immediately.

The touchscreen just provides a slightly different interface than the 688. Quite honestly there's nothing the One does that the 688 doesn't do, the One just has a less cumbersome interface, is more solidly built and is re-chargeable.

I am pretty excited to have the new toy. :eusa-clap:

D

Doghart said:
The program interface is 100% the same as my 688, so all the tweaking I have done to it over the last few years was easy to implement immediately.

The touchscreen just provides a slightly different interface than the 688. Quite honestly there's nothing the One does that the 688 doesn't do, the One just has a less cumbersome interface, is more solidly built and is re-chargeable.

I am pretty excited to have the new toy. :eusa-clap:

D

Add your favorite channels and channel icons to the touch screen. Easily access any channel by touching the icon.

Rope

Harmony One is $149 at BB this week.

I'm headed in today to get my $50 back since it's been less than 45 days.

:handgestures-thumbup:

D

Doghart said:
Harmony One is $149 at BB this week.

I'm headed in today to get my $50 back since it's been less than 45 days.

:handgestures-thumbup:

D

Amazon has it for 149.99

Man, this sucks for me. This would be a good time to rack up on some gear after seeing the price of the One and that Yamaha receiver Topper posted the other day.

I picked up Hurt Locker and How to Train your Dragon at BB this afternoon (both were on sale <$20) and I looked at the Harmony One, but they also had a "Harmony 650" for only $99; looked like it did the same thing but only controlled 5 devices, and I've only got four, so I've got some researching to do... :think:

Botch said:
I picked up Hurt Locker and How to Train your Dragon at BB this afternoon (both were on sale <$20) and I looked at the Harmony One, but they also had a "Harmony 650" for only $99; looked like it did the same thing but only controlled 5 devices, and I've only got four, so I've got some researching to do... :think:

Botch, you'll go through $50 worth of batteries in 3-4 years.

Get the One.

(I'm just stirring the pot here :eusa-whistle: )

D

Really? It seems it's 3-4 year between battery changes on the remotes I DO have... :think:

Back